Author Topic: Life is Better as Me, by Jayne  (Read 50443 times)

pab71, KathyLauren and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online LizK

• Tick Tick Tick....
Re: Life is Better as Me, by Jayne
« Reply #1580 on: October 20, 2018, 05:21:58 am »
T It seems that makeup is not enough of a clue to make me appear female. Maybe I should wear something like this:

At least I get gendered correctly outside of work.

Hugs,
Jayne

Hi Jayne

Now if they don't get it after the way you look in that photo then my dear they will never get it...how muc more of a girl do you have to look!!

That works great

Liz

EDIT: Jayne with a Y.........….44D09H37M BWCA? :D
HRT since 17 May 2016, Fulltime from 8 March 2017, Transition Begun 25 September 2015 
GCS 4 December 2018,

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be – Lao Tzu

12 Days

Offline Faith

« Reply #1581 on: October 20, 2018, 01:19:34 pm »
Jayne, I'm sorry I haven't posted in here like I should. My brain has been mush lately. I have been following along, honest!

I am who I am :icon_chick:

Offline Veronica A

• Veronica Mandy Armstrong Blog
« Reply #1582 on: October 20, 2018, 02:16:04 pm »
My voice is a big problem. I have tried many YouTube tutorials for a while, as well as the Eva app on my phone. I didn’t understand what I was doing so I achieved nothing. I recently started voice lessons but that is not going well either. I practice all day everyday with no improvement. I am really having a hard time making any tiny progress. Nothing seems to be changing with my voice. It sounds exactly the same as it always has. I’m not expecting miracles but even the tiniest bit of improvement would give me hope.

Yeah I have the same issue myself, for me going slightly deaf (and possibly hereditary - grandma, mom and niece have it - currently being tested) i have to use physical ques as to what i am doing..  i cant actually hear all the freq, which believe me sucks.

i think part of it is because we want it now and not have too work to dam hard, like flick done next.. cause we have lots of other things to work towards. but i have found over 1 year of practise my average freq is actually climbing gradually (from an average of 135 to an average of 175hz) and best part i am not hurting my vocal cords.

Must say wow your progress tho, like others just blows me away..

just remember its a journey, you will get there in the end.
Started HRT - 27/08/2017

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1583 on: October 22, 2018, 04:48:56 pm »
Time for another update. Not much to report. I am still waiting for my birth certificate to arrive. It’s nearly up to 15 working days since I lodged my application. The clerk assured me that they are processing them in less than 10 days, but I can’t really start making phone calls yet because the website does say 21 working days to process. I am practically running to the letterbox everyday, although the postman should be knocking at my door because it is coming via registered mail and will require a signature. So far my patience is holding out. My main concern is getting my birth certificate so I can then submit my passport application and get that before it’s time to go on our trip to Canada to visit my wife’s family.

Today is my zapping day. I’m currently on the train, wearing a dress and some facial fuzz to round out the look. I did paint my nails in one of my favourite colours last night.

Tomorrow I have another voice lesson and next week I am starting full body laser. I’ve given HRT a little over a year to see what it does for my body hair, but I still need to shave at least every two days. It’s time consuming and I usually cut myself, leaving small wounds on my arms, especially my right arm because I am not very coordinated when I hold the razor in my left hand.

Hopefully I can make an exciting update soon with my name change documents in my hand.

Hugs,
Jayne

Online KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #1584 on: October 22, 2018, 07:53:53 pm »
Looking good, Jayne! :)

I hear you on the waiting.  I am still waiting for my second surgery letter.  I've been checking the mailbox every day.  I hope you can get your passport in time to travel.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #1585 on: October 22, 2018, 08:01:52 pm »
You're looking fab Jayne!  I like your hairstyle.  Im glad to see you are trying different looks.  You did a good job on your nails, nice and glossy!  The blue must have looked great with that dress.

I hope your BC comes in the mail soon.
Judi

Offline sarah1972

• News Administrator
« Reply #1586 on: October 22, 2018, 10:31:36 pm »
You look fantastic Jayne! Love the dress. What hair stubble?

I hope you find a nice letter for you when you return home!

Hugs,

Sarah

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #1587 on: October 22, 2018, 10:56:26 pm »
@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:
thanks for posting your terrific update...
and your newest photos show a beautifully feminine woman.
Very nice dress and wonderfully polished fingernails... nice job.
Wow, and your hair!!!!  I love what you are doing with it.

Perhaps I missed it, but when did you start wearing feminine eye glasses styles?  Very, very nice.

All of us as your followers, are eager for you to get your awaited letter and documents.
We will be waiting and watching for your update.
Hugs,
Danielle
Check out my Personal Threads that have more details about myself (click Links):
   "I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles"
               "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"
                            "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Started HRT March 2015  3½ years ago, it's been an exciting journey
>>> I've been Full Time since December 2016 :icon_chick:
I am 38 years old, Single, and Self Employed in a small town up in the COLD North.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1588 on: October 23, 2018, 12:02:16 am »
Hey there everyone! ‍♀️

Thank you for the compliments. I am loving my new life living as a woman. It is better than anything I could have ever dreamed of. This is what life should have been like all along, but I’m not going to wallow in the past. My past is what has brought me to where I am now, and there is no place I would rather be. The future is looking very bright.

I’m having fun playing with hairstyles. Since going to the hairdresser last week and discovering how much longer my hair is than I previously thought while it was curly, I can’t stop thinking about different ways to style it. Being a girl is so much fun! A Brazilian blowout is still very much on my mind provided it will eventually wear off and the curls return. I really want to see what I can do with longer hair when it’s curly. #girlproblems

Sarah, there was definitely stubble on my face in that last photo of me. It didn’t show up so much in the photo, but it was a very distinct dark shadow around my upper lip and chin area. No mistaking it for anything other than facial hair. But that didn’t worry me too much. I would have preferred it wasn’t there, but that is the reason I let it grow, so that I can get it zapped and removed. The zapping session went very well. Nearly 3 hours on my face got rid of most of the stubble. I even managed to have a nap while being zapped. Is it weird that it somehow relaxes me to have my face prodded with a hot needle? 🤷🏻‍♀️

After the 3 hours, there was still an hour remaining to zap down below. That pretty much cleared everything down there so it should be shorter maintenance sessions down below until it is all permanently gone.

While I was laying in the bed getting zapped, my phone rang. I let it go to voicemail and called back later. It was my health insurance company. I recently switched to a different insurance company, one of the reasons being that this company includes the individual procedures for GCS under a different category of cover, a category I was already covered for under my previous provider. My previous provider classified the procedures as Psychiatric care, which I wasn’t covered for, my new insurer classifies the procedures as reconstructive surgery, which I previously had coverage for. What this means is that I don’t have to go through the 12 month waiting period to be covered for GCS. My previous company required me to increase the level of cover and wait 12 months for the new cover to take effect. There was a little uncertainty whether the 12 month wait applied with the new company, until they received a transfer certificate from my previous insurer to ensure everything was in order. The phone call was to tell me that everything is in order and if I wanted to have surgery tomorrow, as far as they are concerned, I will be covered. At first I didn’t think the 12 month waiting period would be such a big deal because I need 12 months RLE anyway, but after the phone call I was very emotional and happy. This is one less hurdle in the way. The lady that has been handling the creation of the new policy and checking the details of what is and isn’t covered has been amazing. She has been giving me continuous updates on how things are progressing and today she really wanted to be the one to deliver the news that I am fully covered. She was genuinely happy for me and wanted to give the best customer service possible. I will make an effort to write a nice letter to her manager telling them how helpful she has been.

Danielle, I have had my new glasses for a couple weeks now. They are reading glasses so I don’t wear them all the time. I ended up buying three pairs, all different. That was as far as I could narrow my selection down from the original short list of nine pairs. I loved the variety of feminine glasses to choose from. I even briefly considered buying the frames with a nonprescription lens as a fashion accessory but then decided that would have been overkill. I keep one pair in my bag, one at home and one for work.

I just realised that I had better be sitting down when my new birth certificate finally arrives. If I got emotional over my health insurance, how will I react when I have a document that says I am legally called Jayne? I may just pee myself from excitement.

Watch this space for more of Jayne’s crazy adventures.

Big hugs to all of you!

Jayne

Online LizK

• Tick Tick Tick....
« Reply #1589 on: October 23, 2018, 12:46:48 am »
Giant Leaps and bounds...you go girl you are killin it!!

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016, Fulltime from 8 March 2017, Transition Begun 25 September 2015 
GCS 4 December 2018,

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be – Lao Tzu

12 Days

Offline Kendra

« Reply #1590 on: October 23, 2018, 12:58:42 am »
Jayne, what an amazing thing to write - and this is so cool!!!  A year ago could you imagine you would ever be able to say this? 

> I am loving my new life living as a woman. It is better than anything I could have ever dreamed of. This is what life should have been like all along, but I’m not going to wallow in the past. My past is what has brought me to where I am now, and there is no place I would rather be. The future is looking very bright.

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, GCS-2 & BA 7/2018. 

Offline Nicole70

« Reply #1591 on: October 23, 2018, 05:31:42 am »
That was a great update Jayne, I’m glad you are finding happiness, and your GCS confirmation is great news, nice new aviator btw.

Hugs

Nicole

Online KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #1592 on: October 23, 2018, 06:45:24 am »
What a fantastic update, Jayne!  I hope your new birth certificate comes in soon.

Is it weird that it somehow relaxes me to have my face prodded with a hot needle? 🤷🏻‍♀️
That is really weird, hun.  ;D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #1593 on: October 23, 2018, 09:01:43 am »
Loving your new pics, defiantly a JAYNE in them !!!!! You now what they say " patience  is a virtue " and it had better get its finger out!!!!! Don't frighten the mail person with wild whoops when it does come XXXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Offline Karen

• Karen
  • Friend
« Reply #1594 on: October 23, 2018, 08:02:14 pm »
Wow.   Jayne, thanks for the amazing update.   You are doing so well and are such an inspiration.   

Hugs

Karen
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1595 on: October 24, 2018, 05:58:21 pm »
Today has gotten off to a real crappy start. I needed shave all the man hair away. Something that really needs to be done everyday, but I push it out to every two days or three if I am really daring. I really hate my body hair. I can’t wait to start laser next week. I was in the bathroom shaving for an hour and when I finished I still wasn’t able to achieve a smooth finish. Not even close. I thought I would practice my voice exercises while in the bathroom. I’ve had three voice lessons so far and I am really struggling to understand what I am doing. I have been given exercises to practice up to 20 times every hour. I just don’t know if I’m doing them right or not. Anything musical or sound related is so foreign to me. I’m at a complete loss. I am trying to be patient and let the process work but what if I’m doing it wrong and end up making negative progress or worse, ruin my voice. This is so hard.

I am also having a really hard time with mirrors today. I am seeing way too much male. Maybe I am mentally preparing myself to return to work tomorrow for the relentless misgendering that will undoubtedly happen. Today I am feeling like a fraud. A man playing dress up. For breakfast I had half a block of chocolate and coke. Now I feel sick and I don’t even care. It’s a crappy day!

I’m going to go blow dry my hair now to try and create some kind of illusion that I am actually a woman, paint my face and head out to try and clear my head. I need to put this crap behind me by the time my wife gets home from work this afternoon. She is already struggling way too much because of my existence. She cries almost every day because I have created so much stress for her. She is literally falling apart, and I can’t be falling apart too. So I have to find some strength and put my big girl panties on and act like a grown up, even though all I want to do is have a tantrum and go to sleep until all this goes away. Did I mention that today is a crappy day!

I have had some amazing days, but it seems like the universe needs to balance things out by presenting me with some real crappy days.

I’m going away now before I upset myself further. Maybe some retail therapy might help.

Hopefully I can return here later this afternoon with good news if my birth certificate shows up, but right now I’m not feeling very optimistic about it.

Hugs,
Jayne

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #1596 on: October 24, 2018, 06:27:50 pm »
@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:
The greatest moments and accomplishments are usually achieved through a series of difficulties and failures....   
...that is how we learn.

Regarding voice.... practice, practice, practice, practice, etc.   Do a voice recording on you phone and play it back, that might help you.

Don't you know that mirrors and cameras are not our friends???   Also you do certanly know that we are our own worst critics... so go a little easier on yourself.

I do indeed hope that you get your letter today, which will certainly cheer you up....
... otherwise it is chocolate time.... but of course you have already overdosed on chocolate this morning so perhaps some other enjoyment may be in order and as you hinted shopping therapy..........  or a visit to a beauty salon,  painting nails?   etc.

I hope that your day gets better.... and do stay away from mirrors today.

Hugs,
Danielle

Check out my Personal Threads that have more details about myself (click Links):
   "I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles"
               "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"
                            "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Started HRT March 2015  3½ years ago, it's been an exciting journey
>>> I've been Full Time since December 2016 :icon_chick:
I am 38 years old, Single, and Self Employed in a small town up in the COLD North.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Nicole70

« Reply #1597 on: October 25, 2018, 04:47:01 am »
Hi Jayne,

I’ve just caught up on your thread, sorry I have been absent for a few days dealing with things. I’m sorry you are having a crappy day, body hair is such a pain to have to deal with, I’m sure after a few months of laser it will all be a much better.

Voice training takes a lot of practice, I’m also doing it and it does take time to get your ear tuned in. Do you have virtuoso app and magic stave? If not pm me I’ll explain.

I hope the hair do worked out ok, girl time is always good to take your mind off other things. Your wife is so important to you, I hope you both get through this distressing period.

Big hugs,

Nicole

Offline Jayne01

• Family
Life is Better as Me, by Jayne
« Reply #1598 on: October 25, 2018, 05:49:41 am »
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Thank you all for your support. But you can forget about my whining post this morning. None of that matters anymore. This afternoon I got a special letter from the postman. I am now legally called Jayne!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I immediately completed my passport application and submitted that and I also got my drivers licence and car registration papers changed.  I have a temporary licence now until my photo licence comes in the mail in the next week or two. That will be my first Jayne photo ID. I will surely pee myself when I get that!

Happy Jayne
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 05:30:07 pm by Jayne01 »

Offline Nicole70

« Reply #1599 on: October 25, 2018, 06:05:10 am »
Wow Jayne!!

It’s official!  Great news and such a relief, now take your time planning getting things changed, no need to rush into it, lol just kidding . Definitely a squeeeeeeeeeeee! moment.

You officially rock girl!

Nicole

Tags: