Author Topic: Life is Better as Me, by Jayne  (Read 34514 times)

Online LizK

• I am awaiting delievery of my sparkling new Avatar
Re: Life is Better as Me, by Jayne
« Reply #1260 on: August 14, 2018, 06:44:43 am »
OMG!! I am such a girl. I stopped at the shopping centre (mall seems so much easier to say ) on my way home from getting zapped to pick up some food supplies for home. Somehow I got distracted by a bag shop and started looking at handbags instead.

Have I ever said how much I love shopping these days?

I need a shopping buddy. Anyone interested in coming to Sydney to help me commit some shopping sins?

Hugs,
Jayne

Shopping in Sydney sounds like a fund way to spend a few days ;)...wouldn't be that hard to talk my beloved into either. :P
"You can't change the past but you can change the way you view it"

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do" Rumi

By Wild Sayings for Wild Women

HRT since 17 May 2016
Fulltime from 8 March 2017
GCS Scheduled November 28 2018
Transition Begun 25 September 2015   

Offline Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #1261 on: August 14, 2018, 08:16:29 am »
My wife is not overly crazy about shopping. She did enjoy outlet shopping during our holiday, but she doesn’t have the same love for it like me. Maybe I can train her.

Oh how much fun it must be for you to go nuts shopping in the big city after months of isolation from the big stores. It must be even more fun doing it with your group of girlfriends.

On a different subject. I just had a squeeee moment. I got the Australian version of ma’am in the supermarket. Wondering what ma’am is in Australian? I got called “darl”, short for darling and often used by women addressing other women. Kind of the same way men address other men as “mate”.

Squeeeeeeee!

Hugs,
Jayne

@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:
Interesting about your wife not into shopping..... ???    Be careful about using your phrase "maybe you could train her" ...  it might be best if she doesn't hear that from you...  just sayin...  ::)

Oh yes indeed, my big city shopping trips, usually with some of my gal-friends is a wonderful time, mostly a 2 day adventure with an overnight stay.  We take the biggest SUV that we can and load it up.  It is a tiring time but we always look forward to it and we each are putting together our shopping lists for weeks.

Well, when I was in Sydney this last January my travel friends and I stayed in a downtown hotel and we went shopping downtown at the very big 3 or 4 level Market City Mall, I think that it was near Chinatown because we had a very short walk to a variety of Chinese eating establishments where we ate dinner.

During the week that my group of friends and I were touring around eastern Australia I got called "lass" and "lassie" by several guys and also "darl" more than once...  at the time I thought it was "darling" but thanks to you I now know why I thought it sounded a little different.   

***QUESTION:    So, for my own education about Australian words,  which is better suited and more appropriate for me to be called.... lass?   lassie?  or darl?

Here at home I frequently get called sweetie, honey, darling and one guy in the coffee shop always calls me sugar.

Congratulations to you and your SQUEEE moment being addressed as "darl" ... much better than male-fail for sure... and I am certain that brought a big smile to your face.

Thanks for your great update......
Hugs,
Danielle
Check out my Personal Threads that have more details about myself (click Links):
   "I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles"
               "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"
                           "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Started HRT March 2015 3+ years ago, it's been an exciting journey
>>> I've been Full Time since December 2016 :icon_chick:
I am 38 years old, Single, and Self Employed in a small town up in the COLD North.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #1262 on: August 14, 2018, 03:03:52 pm »
Today I had an electrolysis session. The last one was about 6 or 7 weeks ago. New hair growth during that period was starting to bother me. I had this constant beard shadow that I really hated. I haven’t shaved in the last 4 days in preparation for today’s zapping. Here is a photo of the bearded lady before I left home this morning.

And here is a photo right after having a 3.5 hour zapping session. I was so happy to see the results.  When I shave tomorrow morning, there should be much less beard shadow to worry about. Yay!!!

Hugs,
Jayne
After my last major upper lip clearing, the new hair all came in dark.  I was not at all happy, since it gave me a permanent shadow even after shaving.  I had to cover it with foundation every time I went out.  The only good thing about it is that now, my electrocutioner can turn down the juice, since dark hairs are apparently easier to kill, so I can get it cleared without a dental block.  So now, she hits the upper lip every session for 15 minutes or so, to keep ahead of the dark hair, before moving on to other areas.

3.5 hours?  WOW, Jayne, you sure are tough!  I did an hour and a half last week, but that is my limit.  Usually, after an hour, I am thoroughly cooked.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1263 on: August 14, 2018, 11:46:54 pm »

Shopping in Sydney sounds like a fund way to spend a few days ;)...wouldn't be that hard to talk my beloved into either. :P
There must be an extra compound in HRT that activates the shopping gene. I used to hate shopping. I hated it so much that I would never buy clothes for myself. Now I can’t seem to get enough of it. What a difference between shopping for women’s clothes over men’s clothes.

If you are ever in town Liz, look me up.

Hugs,
Jayne

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1264 on: August 15, 2018, 12:12:20 am »
@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:
Interesting about your wife not into shopping..... ???    Be careful about using your phrase "maybe you could train her" ...  it might be best if she doesn't hear that from you...  just sayin...  ::)

Oh yes indeed, my big city shopping trips, usually with some of my gal-friends is a wonderful time, mostly a 2 day adventure with an overnight stay.  We take the biggest SUV that we can and load it up.  It is a tiring time but we always look forward to it and we each are putting together our shopping lists for weeks.

Well, when I was in Sydney this last January my travel friends and I stayed in a downtown hotel and we went shopping downtown at the very big 3 or 4 level Market City Mall, I think that it was near Chinatown because we had a very short walk to a variety of Chinese eating establishments where we ate dinner.

During the week that my group of friends and I were touring around eastern Australia I got called "lass" and "lassie" by several guys and also "darl" more than once...  at the time I thought it was "darling" but thanks to you I now know why I thought it sounded a little different.   

***QUESTION:    So, for my own education about Australian words,  which is better suited and more appropriate for me to be called.... lass?   lassie?  or darl?

Here at home I frequently get called sweetie, honey, darling and one guy in the coffee shop always calls me sugar.

Congratulations to you and your SQUEEE moment being addressed as "darl" ... much better than male-fail for sure... and I am certain that brought a big smile to your face.

Thanks for your great update......
Hugs,
Danielle
Hi Danielle,

I was of course joking when I said “maybe I could train her” about my wife not liking l shopping. She does have moments of liking shopping, like on our recent trip to the US when we went to various outlet malls. We both had lots of fun.

I had to google the location of Market City. Yes, it is right next to Chinatown. I haven’t been there myself. The time I spend actual shopping or just window shopping on my frequent trips to the city (or downtown as you would refer to it), I usually shop around Pitt Street Mall. That is a part of Pitt Street that is a pedestrian only zone right where Sydney Tower is located. Did you happen to go up the tower during your visit? On a clear day there is a really great view from up there.

Answer to your question: I hear “darl” used a lot (to other women, not me). I don’t often hear “lass” or “lassie”. I think that might be more from an older generation or possibly more of a UK influence. “Darl” would be typically Australian. We are generally quite lazy in our colloquial speech and abbreviate everything and anything whenever possible. “sweetie” and “darling” are also common here. I am happy to be called any of those terms.

I should confess something about my squeeee moment. Yes, the lady serving me called me “darl” and it was directed at me, but she may have been swayed by the voice of another woman. There was a female customer near me who called out “excuse me” to get the attention of the lady behind the counter who had her back turned doing something. When the lady turned around, she saw me first and assumed it was me that called out. The female voice she heard probable primed her mind to expect a woman.  I am still considering it a squeeee moment.

Hugs,
Jayne

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1265 on: August 15, 2018, 12:24:58 am »
After my last major upper lip clearing, the new hair all came in dark.  I was not at all happy, since it gave me a permanent shadow even after shaving.  I had to cover it with foundation every time I went out.  The only good thing about it is that now, my electrocutioner can turn down the juice, since dark hairs are apparently easier to kill, so I can get it cleared without a dental block.  So now, she hits the upper lip every session for 15 minutes or so, to keep ahead of the dark hair, before moving on to other areas.

3.5 hours?  WOW, Jayne, you sure are tough!  I did an hour and a half last week, but that is my limit.  Usually, after an hour, I am thoroughly cooked.
Hi Kathy,

I didn’t know dark hairs are supposed to be easier to electrocute. I knew that new hairs were easier to kill than more established hairs, but didn’t know it made a difference if they were darks hairs or not. Most of my hairs are dark, maybe that’s why I can go for longer sessions. 🤷‍♀️

I wouldn’t say I’m tough. Stubborn would be more accurate. I am determined to get rid of that face fuzz as quickly as possible. The heat of the needle needle has to first penetrate a layer of pure stubbornness before reaching any pain receptors.

Keep on keeping on. Before you know it, your face will be all clear of the dreaded whiskers.

Hugs,
Jayne

Online LizK

• I am awaiting delievery of my sparkling new Avatar
« Reply #1266 on: August 15, 2018, 05:47:24 am »
@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:

Hugs,
Danielle

I tend to hear  two very common Phases her in South Australia. I will get referred to as "Luv" quite a bit or when in a group of women you will hear a younger person refer to the group as "guys" but used in a totally non-gendered way. My daughters both use it when referring to them selves and their Girl friends.

I have only ever heard lass or lassie from my Scottish friends father LOL

I should confess something about my squeeee moment. Yes, the lady serving me called me “darl” and it was directed at me, but she may have been swayed by the voice of another woman. There was a female customer near me who called out “excuse me” to get the attention of the lady behind the counter who had her back turned doing something. When the lady turned around, she saw me first and assumed it was me that called out. The female voice she heard probable primed her mind to expect a woman.  I am still considering it a squeeee moment.

Hugs,
Jayne

Take them as you can get them...it just makes up for all the times you think you were misgendered and you weren't...didn't change the fact it huurt at the time...this is exactly the same...who cares as to the why...I like enjoying the moment.  ;D

Take care

Liz
"You can't change the past but you can change the way you view it"

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do" Rumi

By Wild Sayings for Wild Women

HRT since 17 May 2016
Fulltime from 8 March 2017
GCS Scheduled November 28 2018
Transition Begun 25 September 2015   

Offline Nicole70

« Reply #1267 on: August 15, 2018, 07:19:33 am »
Jayne,

Lovely you had a ‘darl’ moment, it would definitely make your day . Have you tried laser? If you have dark hairs it might help and although it can be painful it only last a few minutes.

I have no idea how you last 3 or 4 hours, I’m praying for the torture to end after an hour.

I’m definitely going to take a look around Pitt St when I’m in Sydney next month.

Hugs

Nicole

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1268 on: August 15, 2018, 07:58:38 pm »
Jayne,

Lovely you had a ‘darl’ moment, it would definitely make your day . Have you tried laser? If you have dark hairs it might help and although it can be painful it only last a few minutes.

I have no idea how you last 3 or 4 hours, I’m praying for the torture to end after an hour.

I’m definitely going to take a look around Pitt St when I’m in Sydney next month.

Hugs

Nicole
Hey Nicole,

No I haven’t tried laser. Before I started facial hair removal, I was trying to decide between laser and electro. Laser appealed to me because it is quicker and cheaper but I was getting too many conflicting stories about being a  permanent treatment. Some people would swear by it and others claimed having regrowth problems. I spoke with a laser clinic (not IPL) explaining my situation and even they told me that laser would not be a permanent solution. In the end, I decided not to take any chances and just bite the bullet and start electrolysis.

I tried a couple electrolysis places and settled on my current choice. I am very happy with the results, even though it’s slower and more expensive than laser.

Hugs,
Jayne

Offline I_Am_Hazel

• Visitor
« Reply #1269 on: August 15, 2018, 08:07:35 pm »
I tried a couple electrolysis places and settled on my current choice. I am very happy with the results, even though it’s slower and more expensive than laser.

Unfortunately it comes down to cost for me. I can't afford to go through with electro, but the dysphoria from the facial hair is so, so bad. I want to at least give laser a shot while I save up enough to try electro just to try to ease some of the frustration. I'm so happy to hear that you're seeing good results!

Hazel

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1270 on: August 15, 2018, 08:49:57 pm »
Unfortunately it comes down to cost for me. I can't afford to go through with electro, but the dysphoria from the facial hair is so, so bad. I want to at least give laser a shot while I save up enough to try electro just to try to ease some of the frustration. I'm so happy to hear that you're seeing good results!

Hazel
Hi Hazel,

Welcome to my thread where I am documenting my progress. Many people here have done laser and then finish up with electro for the stuff laser doesn’t get. I probably would have done the same if I hadn’t confused myself with all the conflicting information I was getting before I started.

Hugs,
Jayne

Offline Karen

• Karen
  • Friend
« Reply #1271 on: Yesterday at 07:09:25 pm »
Hi Jayne..

Playing catch up.  So much good news happening in your life.

Your vacation photos are beautiful...you are a great photographer.  And you look amazing my dear. 

You are inspiring me to get back out running.  I one ran a lot but lost motivation.   Now my weight is down, I am looking better and i have clothes that make me feel better...and you as inspiration. 

I too like shopping more and more...I could fill closets with clothes and accessories I love. I have decades to watch and dream.    I too love to shop for bags.   I purchased a nice one that I use in man mode...its not over the top feminine but is a woman's back and makes me feel great using it.   

You are determined and inspiring.   I still have not started electrolysis on my face because of red bumps the first time I tried it.    I have been doing laser on my face for the dark hair and it is doing wonders!!!!   I am now left with a lot of grey and the fear of electrolysis.     (I have done electrolosys on my chest and other areas have am almost done....the face is next), 

You look beautiful and happy.   Thank you for sharing

Hugs

Karen
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings my entire life
* Sept 2016 began to seriously question gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender, and immediately feel shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT

Tags: