Author Topic: Life is Better as Me, by Jayne  (Read 44710 times)

Online Sonja

• Working on my makeup skills!
Re: Life is Better as Me, by Jayne
« Reply #1540 on: October 14, 2018, 11:34:10 pm »
Today, for the first time in my life, I went to a hairdresser to get my hair styled. She put some highlights in, did a very slight trim to even up the edges and then straightened it. With the curls, my hair is still a bit short to do much with it and I’ve never had straight hair before so I thought why not. She just used the hair dryer and flat iron to straighten my hair so next time it gets wet the curls will return, but for now I am enjoying the new look.

Hugs,
Jayne
@Jayne01
Jayne - I LOVE your new hair style it looks GREAT!

Looks like your having a great day already!

Sonja.

Offline Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #1541 on: Yesterday at 12:03:47 am »
Today, for the first time in my life, I went to a hairdresser to get my hair styled. She put some highlights in, did a very slight trim to even up the edges and then straightened it. With the curls, my hair is still a bit short to do much with it and I’ve never had straight hair before so I thought why not. She just used the hair dryer and flat iron to straighten my hair so next time it gets wet the curls will return, but for now I am enjoying the new look.

Hugs,
Jayne

@Jayne01
Dear Jayne .... or whoever you are.... what did you do with my friend Jayne? ???
Wow-Whee ...
I am at a loss for words to tell you how beautiful and feminine that you look.... 
There is absolutely NO sign of the old "John" or even the Jayne that we have come to know and love.

What does your wife think of your new look? ??? 
Also when you go to work I imagine that all heads will be looking at you!!!!   
So very wonderful... nice job on the hair and your overall appearance.   100% woman.

I am so thrilled at seeing your new photo... and I am happy that you made it your Avatar/Profile pic.
 :)  ;)
Hugs,
Danielle

Check out my Personal Threads that have more details about myself (click Links):
   "I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles"
               "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"
                            "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Started HRT March 2015  3½ years ago, it's been an exciting journey
>>> I've been Full Time since December 2016 :icon_chick:
I am 38 years old, Single, and Self Employed in a small town up in the COLD North.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Jessica

• "If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."
« Reply #1542 on: Yesterday at 12:23:41 am »

Hugs,
Jayne

You look great Jayne!
Sounds easy enough for you to learn and do it yourself 🌸🌸🌸

I think I need to make a step like that, “only my hairdresser knows for sure”

... it's like running a car on ethanol when it's supposed to take gasoline... it'll work, but it's eventually gonna break down until you put it on the proper fuel.

Online Steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #1543 on: Yesterday at 12:34:49 am »

Time after time after time in the last few weeks, you have been rendering me nearly speechless, Jayne. This is no exception. All I can think of to say is you look absolutely wonderful and totally feminine. I am yet again so happy for you! Congratulations!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * GCS Consultation at Mt. Sinai 3/16/2018 * FFS With FacialTeam Scheduled for 12/4/2018

Online Nicole70

« Reply #1544 on: Yesterday at 01:03:05 am »
Wow Jayne,

That new look is great! You certainly look very different and quite feminine. Your stylist did a good job, does this mean you now need to buy a straightener?

Hugs Nicole

Offline sarah1972

• News Administrator
« Reply #1545 on: Yesterday at 05:29:08 am »
Wow, girl! you look fantastic! Next time I am in Sidney we have to go to this place together. What a difference a hairstyle can make. It does look absolutely feminine, makes you years younger and it produced a very nice smile on your face!

Yes, this picture is worthy to be used as an avatar.

I assume you already went out and bought a flat iron!

Admittedly I liked the curls, but for a nice cut, they have to grow a little more. As you said - they will be back when your hair gets wet, so right now you have the best of both worlds!

Hugs,

Sarah

Hugs,
Jayne

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #1546 on: Yesterday at 06:11:57 am »
@Jayne01
Jayne - I LOVE your new hair style it looks GREAT!

What she said!!!

Jayne, you look great!  I love the hair, and of course, your trademark smile!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline Megan.

« Reply #1547 on: Yesterday at 06:12:47 am »
Stunning. EOM. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Friend
« Reply #1548 on: Yesterday at 10:12:09 am »
Wonderful look Jayne!  Your smile says it all!!   :D

Get a decent flat iron and some argan oil (as a protector) and try to duplicate what your stylist did.  It will take a bit of practice but you'll get the hang of it soon enough. 
Judi

Offline Allison S

• Family
« Reply #1549 on: Yesterday at 11:02:44 am »
Wow you have beautiful hair.. I think naturally curly or straightened, you really are lucky. I wish my hair was as thick!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Offline Laurie

« Reply #1550 on: Yesterday at 11:06:22 am »
Hi Jayne,

Yes girl that hair style looks good and does a lot to give you the feminine look you want.

Hugs,
  Laurie.

Offline Kendra

« Reply #1551 on: Yesterday at 04:52:01 pm »
Jayne your hair stylist nailed it.  My first reaction was wow.  And still is.  Excellent look at this hair length, and it only gets better from this point. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, GCS-2 & BA 7/2018. 

Offline Jayne01

• Family
« Reply #1552 on: Yesterday at 05:39:17 pm »
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments about my hair. I really had no idea what to expect at the salon. The stylist asked me what I wanted and I said to her that I have no idea. All I know is that I want to grow my hair longer and do something in the interim while it is growing. Straightening it was an experiment to see how it looked. I was surprised how different I looked with straight hair. However, as I knew it would happen, when I had a shower this morning my hair bounced back to its normal curls. I’m going to the shops now to buy a styling brush to experiment myself to see if I can recreate what the stylist did. Even if I totally screw it up, I’m sure I will have fun trying. I think in the long term, after my hair grows some more, my preference will be to have curly hair. Time will tell. In the mean time, I am having so much fun!!!

Hugs,
Jayne

Offline Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #1553 on: Yesterday at 05:47:35 pm »
@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:
YES INDEED.... FUN !

Hair is just one part of the fun with all the styles that you do and colors of course, and bows, bands, braids, pony tails.... so exciting.   .... and also of course all the wide variety of clothing and shoes... colors, styles, dressy, casual, etc.  ....   and also jewelry and earrings!!!   The list goes on.

I can hear the excitement in what you have written....
Thank you for sharing your wonderful moments with all of us....  we are your biggest fans.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

Check out my Personal Threads that have more details about myself (click Links):
   "I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles"
               "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"
                            "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Started HRT March 2015  3½ years ago, it's been an exciting journey
>>> I've been Full Time since December 2016 :icon_chick:
I am 38 years old, Single, and Self Employed in a small town up in the COLD North.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #1554 on: Yesterday at 08:00:10 pm »
Even if I totally screw it up, I’m sure I will have fun trying.
However, as I knew it would happen, when I had a shower this morning my hair bounced back to its normal curls.

It sounds like you have a built-in "erase" switch, so you can't do any harm by experimenting.  Have fun!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline Karen

• Karen
  • Friend
« Reply #1555 on: Yesterday at 08:33:04 pm »
Wow.   You look amazing.  And you look so happy.

Big hug

Karen
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT

Tags: