Author Topic: My Progress  (Read 43743 times)

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
Re: My Progress
« Reply #1480 on: December 03, 2018, 11:18:13 am »
I have to agree.  You may not be in good spirits but you look just fine.  I hope your headache is resolved soon. [hugs]

Offline Faith

« Reply #1481 on: December 03, 2018, 12:42:13 pm »
Just about held my lunch down . NO just kidding as you look lovely as usual, its a workday face . Mine is nowt to shout about when at work , covered it crap and lippy gone. Now go and believe in yourself , in fact stand in front of a mirror and repeat " I am beautiful " 10 times . Do I have to start handing out slaps???

I believe in myself, it's photos and mirrors that don't believe in me. and I can't "repeat " I am beautiful "". I have not so fond memories of biting into a bar of soap for lying ... or was that cussing ... probably a bit of both.

Well, let me comment than!
You look like a normal every day woman to me.  No makeup, just a normal face.  I still like your hair, I think it looks great!  That is the length I would like to have!

I keep wondering how to style it or cut it. Bangs or no bangs. So, it just keeps growing because I can't make up my mind. It's longer in the back. The front is short because I used to self-trim the bangs.
psst, there's makeup. I do try to go sparingly.

I have to agree.  You may not be in good spirits but you look just fine.  I hope your headache is resolved soon. [hugs]

I spent 10+ years of my life with constant daily headaches. It's been a year since I had one. I guess it's making up for lost time.

Thank you (all of you)
To those that have followed me: If you wish to stay in contact with me, send a PM with your email address and I'll respond via email.

Threads relating to me, if you're interested:
Hi and brief summary - Introduction
My Progress
inspiration: the unexpected consequence of transition
an AWESOME night
I came out to my wife yesterday

Offline randim

« Reply #1482 on: December 03, 2018, 04:50:24 pm »
For what it's worth Faith, I think you're being way too hard on yourself.  I do understand not liking what you see when you look in the mirror, but you've put work in to improve and it shows.  You look good.

Offline Faith

« Reply #1483 on: December 03, 2018, 05:43:26 pm »
For what it's worth Faith, I think you're being way too hard on yourself.  I do understand not liking what you see when you look in the mirror, but you've put work in to improve and it shows.  You look good.

Thank you.  Yes, I am getting better, sort of. People keep telling me the same thing so I am trying hard to see what they see. I do have a self-image problem apparently :P

btw, Welcome to my corner of Susan's :)

Faith
To those that have followed me: If you wish to stay in contact with me, send a PM with your email address and I'll respond via email.

My Progress
an AWESOME night

Offline Dietlind

• The old one who did it
« Reply #1484 on: December 03, 2018, 05:55:57 pm »

I spent 10+ years of my life with constant daily headaches. It's been a year since I had one. I guess it's making up for lost time.

Thank you (all of you)
Did anybody ever checked for the reason of those headaches?
And yes, you are a good looking woman, if your mirrors tell you a different story, something may be wrong with them!  You should not use the mirrors the use in those funny carnival setups that purposely distort people!
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead; the same applies when you are stupid!

Online LizK

• Tick Tick Tick....
« Reply #1485 on: December 03, 2018, 06:44:47 pm »
Thank you.  Yes, I am getting better, sort of. People keep telling me the same thing so I am trying hard to see what they see. I do have a self-image problem apparently :P

btw, Welcome to my corner of Susan's :)

Faith
We have been telling Faith for ages that her poor opinion of herself is something no one else shared we all think she looks fabulous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016, Fulltime from 8 March 2017, Transition Begun 25 September 2015 
GCS 4 December 2018,

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be – Lao Tzu

0H 0M BWCA

Offline Faith

« Reply #1486 on: December 03, 2018, 07:51:34 pm »
We have been telling Faith for ages that her poor opinion of herself is something no one else shared we all think she looks fabulous

You hush up missy.

Hey! It's late enough now, I can say what I want. You're out of it for a while and won't be able to respond until it's too late ... I need to think of something

My Progress
an AWESOME night

Offline Faith

« Reply #1487 on: December 04, 2018, 08:51:08 am »
Today's update .. hmm. Well for one, I couldn't think of anything to poke Liz with. Root and Stem came to mind, I just couldn't get a handle on how to use them. All I could think of were good, non-punny, thoughts ... hrummph, It's depressing :D  I guess I'll have to leave the punny stuff for Kendra.

Feeling a little better today. My ears popped twice so pressure & congestion must be easing.

let's see
took another daily selfie (yes, I do it daily, you just don't get to see them) .. I had to delete it. My reflections weren't horrible but that photo, ick!

Oh, got a jury summons notice. I haven't been called to report yet. Part of me doesn't want to go (I know it's important, I just don't like it), part of me does .. so I can wear my skirt suit and get all dolled up. I want to see their expression when they check my ID :D

Lots of concerned thoughts for some of my friends here on Susan's .. even those that don't know I think about them.

Speaking of Susan's. I'm concerned for the forum. The whole feel of the site has changed in the past year, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the reduced interaction with those that frequented the site when I first joined. I don't know.

That's it for now I think.

My Progress
an AWESOME night

Online KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #1488 on: December 04, 2018, 09:30:12 am »
Feeling a little better today.

Oh, got a jury summons notice. I haven't been called to report yet. Part of me doesn't want to go (I know it's important, I just don't like it), part of me does .. so I can wear my skirt suit and get all dolled up. I want to see their expression when they check my ID :D

I am glad you are feeling a bit better, Faith.

I have served on a jury once, pre-transition.  It was educational, seeing the justice system from the inside.  I would urge people not to try to get out of it.  Of course, your reasons are good ones, too! :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline Dietlind

• The old one who did it
« Reply #1489 on: December 04, 2018, 10:06:31 am »
I was on a jury twice, and both times I was elected to be foreman.  I liked the experience a lot.  In one of the cases it was my medical background with which I was able to convince some of the fellow jurors that a defendant was not guilty!
The state attorney had a medical expert witness, who was just telling medical bullshit to the jury!
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead; the same applies when you are stupid!

Offline TonyaW

• Family
« Reply #1490 on: December 04, 2018, 10:51:09 am »
Glad to see you feeling better.

I totally understand you with the selfies and not seeing what others see.  I think yours look fine, and you say the same to me when I've posted a pic.

Occasionally I'll like what I see in the mirror but it never seems to translate if I take a picture of it. I know I tend to see my flaws first, and then if I take a picture its seems like I'm documenting them.

So how do we start to see what everyone else is telling us is there?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Faith

« Reply #1491 on: December 04, 2018, 11:11:35 am »
I do sometimes, not all the time and not most of the time. I do, however, see her more than I used to. It used to be never.

I have two issues with mirrors and pictures
1) Seeing him
2) Seeing too much her, she looks fake, false, made up .. this is in certain photos. These I tend to think is because my mental picture of 'self' is still too far from reality.

I need to get my head together :)

Glad to see you feeling better.

I totally understand you with the selfies and not seeing what others see.  I think yours look fine, and you say the same to me when I've posted a pic.

Occasionally I'll like what I see in the mirror but it never seems to translate if I take a picture of it. I know I tend to see my flaws first, and then if I take a picture its seems like I'm documenting them.

So how do we start to see what everyone else is telling us is there?

My Progress
an AWESOME night

Offline Dietlind

• The old one who did it
« Reply #1492 on: December 04, 2018, 11:28:01 am »
I do sometimes, not all the time and not most of the time. I do, however, see her more than I used to. It used to be never.

I have two issues with mirrors and pictures
1) Seeing him
2) Seeing too much her, she looks fake, false, made up .. this is in certain photos. These I tend to think is because my mental picture of 'self' is still too far from reality.

I need to get my head together :)
Or how about a new, realistic mirror,  one that will not distort your view? (inside your head)
Common lady, you look like one and you are one!

Tags: