Author Topic: What are you having for dinner? 2.0  (Read 33722 times)

Offline TonyaW

• Family
Re: What are you having for dinner? 2.0
« Reply #1980 on: July 14, 2018, 12:29:39 pm »
The bacon sounds good. I've made a meat roll before  with ham  and cheese in the middle.  Might have to try it with bacon instead of ham.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
« Reply #1981 on: July 14, 2018, 12:51:36 pm »
What I thought was the best meatloaf that I ever had came from Tyler Florence. It was bursting with flavor and the red pepper flavor was very visible. The down side is the loaf contains so much fluid that it breaks apart when you handle it. Probably not great for sandwiches however I am not sure there would be enough left over for sandwiches. 
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use dena@susans.org only if you are unable to PM - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #1982 on: July 14, 2018, 04:38:21 pm »
The stuffed marrow was lovely, nice chilli kick . Had strawberries with strawberry cheesecake ice cream, trouble was finished the pot off so sorry diet!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Offline gingerViktorKay

« Reply #1983 on: July 14, 2018, 05:40:48 pm »
Ha ha. Green beans, mashed potatoes, baked chicken with bacon. :) yum

Offline Julia1996

• Family
« Reply #1984 on: July 14, 2018, 06:24:37 pm »
The stuffed marrow was lovely, nice chilli kick . Had strawberries with strawberry cheesecake ice cream, trouble was finished the pot off so sorry diet!!!

Tristan's mom made stuffed marrow once. She stuffed them with a ground lamb mixture.  She said stuffed marrow was actually a British dish but that it was really good. I had never heard of stuffed marrow and something involving bone marrow came to mind. Ewww! And why wouldn't that come to mind. Aussies eat some unusual stuff. Kangaroo, emu, etc.   I was thinking of how I could get out of eating it. Lol. It was delicious.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018

Offline Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
« Reply #1985 on: July 14, 2018, 06:43:17 pm »
I think if you had properly prepared beef bone marrow you would become a lover. It requires long cooking with a low heat and beef marrow becomes very beefy tasting. One of the things done with it is after baking it's dumped into a soup post with water and then boiled. This extracts the beefy flavor making a great soup stock. If you have a butcher that you deal with regularly, they would probably give you bone marrow for free however if you just drop by, they may not even admit to having them.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use dena@susans.org only if you are unable to PM - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber

Offline V M

• The Female Clint Eastwood
  • The Butterfly flutter by smile upon you
« Reply #1986 on: July 14, 2018, 06:59:43 pm »
Stuffed marrow is a stuffed squash much like a large zucchini and much like everything else everyone has their own favorite way of making it  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #1987 on: July 16, 2018, 01:41:21 pm »
 made Okra curry yesterday , lots of mustard seeds in the oil so it has a nice hot after taste with the sharpness of the Okra. Needed to use up a aubergine so tried a recipe and its nice and tasty. Got a piece of beef as it was 1/3 off so going to make sliced beef cooked in yogurt and spices . 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Offline Julia1996

• Family
« Reply #1988 on: Yesterday at 08:41:18 am »
Last night I did fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and biscuits.  I also made bread pudding from krispy kreme donuts for dessert.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018

Offline Katie Again

« Reply #1989 on: Yesterday at 04:43:22 pm »
Copy of post on my  thread;
So just to get my thread back onto me, here is my tea, currently keeping my tummy nice and warm;

So that's;
Cauliflower - steamed with a light cheese sauce
2 well cooked rashers of Bacon (non-smoked thick, Aldi's best)
Roasted pepper filled with diced onions, Lancashire Cheese, and Jalapeno peppers, some ground pepper to suit.
Slice of white bread with butter.

Peppers are currently attacking my insides and are still hot.

Luv n Hugz

Katie
 ;D ;D ;D ;) :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

"Surround yourself with people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, energies are contagious" - Rachel Wolchin
"When you feel like quitting, think about why you started" - Anon.

Tags: