Author Topic: Kathy's journey  (Read 21978 times)

Online Donica

• I am smiling! Really!
    • Donica's Transition @ Lotsa Helping Hands
Re: Kathy's journey
« Reply #640 on: October 19, 2018, 11:17:44 am »
Kathy! I hope you are locking your door when you leave your hoes. Those two hussies. How dare they commit such a horrific act.

Donica.
Rebirth June 9, 2017. Started HRT August 22, 2017. Came out June 16, 2018, Full time July 9, 2018.

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #641 on: October 19, 2018, 11:25:21 am »
Yes, @Steph2.0 and @Donica, home invasion cleanings are a major problem here.  When confronting illegal cleaners, the RCMP recommend saying a polite "Thank you".
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline Steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #642 on: October 19, 2018, 11:30:28 am »
My God, what’s next? Drive-by compliments??!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * GCS Consultation at Mt. Sinai 3/16/2018 * FFS With FacialTeam Scheduled for 12/4/2018

Online LizK

• I once dreamt I met a unicorn......
« Reply #643 on: October 19, 2018, 05:32:39 pm »
Thanks, Karen. 

Yes, I can't wait to hear about my letter, too.  (*fingers drumming*)  It wasn't in the mailbox yesterday.  Hopefully Monday.  I have an appointment with my HRT doc on Tuesday, originally scheduled to discuss alternative sources for my second letter when it looked like a long wait for it.  If I have it in my hands on Tuesday, then we can talk about moving forward with my application for GRS.

My wife is amazing.  :D  My coming out to her was a total surprise: she didn't see it coming.  Yet, within the first minute, literally, she said, "Whatever you decide to do, I will support you."  She takes the "for better or for worse" part of our marriage vows literally.  In her view, she did sign up for this, even though she didn't expect it.

She was a little weirded out by becoming a "lesbian" through no choice of her own.  I don't think she identifies as lesbian herself, though she totally owns that we are a same-sex couple.  She has fun with it, and we often hold hands when out and about.  She gets as much of a kick out of the two of us being addressed as "ladies" as I do.

Surprisingly, we don't talk a lot about this stuff.  So I can't really tell you how it has been for her.  I know that she has gotten good support from her email friends, as well as from attending the "+1" meetings of the support group.

She has stood by her word and supported me every step of this journey.

Hugs.
Kathy

I know this is probably old but I have just managed to catch up on your thread and what you have been up too,

Congratulations on your anniversary...I read with interest where you describe your wife's reaction to you coming out and her unwavering commitment to your vows...mine grinned at me and said "Don't think you get out of this marriage that easily.." which for us was the perfect response. having someone like your wife as your biggest supporter goes a long way to help when times get hard during this tumultuous journey.

My wife was kind of amused by the whole "lesbian" thing as she doesn't see herself as anything but straight however the rest of society tend to want to place our wives in the lesbian category...which when you think about it is totally absurd to what we know about homosexuality....because you transitioned your wife is now gay? kind of weird one really isn't it.

Support for our partners is paramount if our relationships are to survive...I hope the letter turns up and is exactly what you need. The woman who wrote the 3 page report for me had to add a line to it after submitting it to my surgeon. The only thing it was missing was the most important part..."I am satisfied that (insert name)has met the WPATH stands"...when I spoke to the surgeons office they basically said as long as this line is in the letter then it covers everything. I hope getting the second won is easy for you...

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016, Fulltime from 8 March 2017, Transition Begun 25 September 2015 

45D14H22M BWCA?  ;D

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be – Lao Tzu

Tags: