News and Events > Religious news

Trigger Warning: Catholic Bishops tell parents to reject their transgender kids

<< < (3/4) > >>

AnneK:
Given all the pedophile priests, why would any parent listen to the church about kids?

Janes Groove:

--- Quote from: Jessica on December 20, 2017, 04:05:48 pm ---I’m not certain, but I don’t think the pope is on board completely with this.

--- End quote ---

The Pope has only and ever opposed what he calls "gender theory."  He's pretty stridently opposed to transgender recognition and rights.

He's a little more lenient of gay rights tho. Which I find odd.

But then again, he does believe that he is the living incarnation of deity, so I guess it's not really so surprising after all.

Cindy:
 :police:

This Forum is in the Religious News. Please keep it to News of religion and not bashing of people or beliefs.

Deborah:

--- Quote from: Janes Groove on February 27, 2018, 02:51:28 pm ---But then again, he does believe that he is the living incarnation of deity, so I guess it's not really so surprising after all.

--- End quote ---
No Pope has ever claimed to be an incarnation of God.  He simply claims to be the human head of the Church on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janes Groove:
Not in so many words.  He's technically considered Christ's Vicar on Earth.  Which is in turn translated into Christ's representative on earth.  And so that brings us to the small  matter of what is called Papal Infallibility.  In other words, once he puts on the crown he is de facto infallible in all matters of church doctrine because he now had a direct connection with the divine.   Parse it any way you want, but he in no longer an ordinary mortal.  I honestly see only a distinction without a difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version