Author Topic: Stopping in to say, "Hello".  (Read 372 times)

Offline Michelle_P

• Transgender veteran: I fought for your rights. Will you fight for mine?
  • Family
  • And you will, you will, you will watch me soar!
Re: Stopping in to say, "Hello".
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 11:59:22 pm »
Back when I first got my ham radio license, a friend of mine teased me about "eavesdropping on people's conversations". I told him that it's amazing how much you can learn if you just sit quietly and listen.

Another one!  I've got my Amateur Extra ticket, and am a volunteer examiner.  Mostly I just like restoring ancient vacuum tube tech and getting it on the air, but I do occasionally play in contests.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 183(8.5 were at the South Pole, five clearings)
On estradiol patch; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017

Offline Steph2.0

• Very spontaneous if given time to think about it.
Re: Stopping in to say, "Hello".
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 12:19:56 am »
Another one!  I've got my Amateur Extra ticket, and am a volunteer examiner.  Mostly I just like restoring ancient vacuum tube tech and getting it on the air, but I do occasionally play in contests.

Here's another. Tech Plus, grandfathered in from when code was required. Inactive nowadays. Broke out the old 2-meter rig before the last hurricane, and it's NOP. Oh well.

At least my FCC license says Stephanie on it now!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * NAME CHANGE 12/11/2017

Tags: