General Discussions > Gaming

Favorite Video Game character?

<< < (3/17) > >>

Roll:

--- Quote from: Christy Lee on January 14, 2018, 04:54:31 pm ---Im still hoping for a Portal 3 ... i knowww Valve cant count that far but a girl can dream right?

--- End quote ---

Valve are too busy doing... something or other. Wait, what even are they doing? There's no way the steam dev team is their primary game dev team and just maintaining it takes all of their resources, right? ... Right?

And now I feel the urge to start beginning everything I say with "Cave Johnson here!" even if it has been years since that game came out.

Quinn_Elizabeth:

--- Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 05:00:51 pm ---Valve are too busy doing... something or other. Wait, what even are they doing? There's no way the steam dev team is their primary game dev team and just maintaining it takes all of their resources, right? ... Right?

And now I feel the urge to start beginning everything I say with "Cave Johnson here!" even if it has been years since that game came out.

--- End quote ---

Valve has pretty much laid off all their game devs. The main story writers behind HL2 and Portal no longer work there. I'm at the point where I want them to license out the different properties to other studios so we can at least get some game!! I feel like Portal is too good of a game series to let decay, as well as Left 4 Dead. 😩

-Quinn💖

Violet10Dencies:

--- Quote from: Quinn_Elizabeth on January 14, 2018, 05:30:20 pm ---Valve has pretty much laid off all their game devs. The main story writers behind HL2 and Portal no longer work there. I'm at the point where I want them to license out the different properties to other studios so we can at least get some game!! I feel like Portal is too good of a game series to let decay, as well as Left 4 Dead.

-Quinn

--- End quote ---
I heard that Valve is working on some full VR games though. Fingers crossed for a new HL or Portal game!

There's supposed to be a Portal-esque game coming to console soon, Bridge Constructor. I just found out it's available for Android/iOS right now (for $5). It's far from a Portal 3, but it looks like it could be fun. Anyone try it yet?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Christy Lee:

--- Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 05:00:51 pm ---Valve are too busy doing... something or other. Wait, what even are they doing? There's no way the steam dev team is their primary game dev team and just maintaining it takes all of their resources, right? ... Right?

--- End quote ---

I always get the urge to say Yes Sirrrr Mr Johnson :o, JK Simmons is in a new sci fi show this year called Counterpart and it looks good, seeing adverts just make me want to say Yes Sir Mr Johnson

Although i did actually replay Portal 1 & 2 at the start of last year

--- Quote from: Violet10Dencies on January 14, 2018, 06:19:36 pm ---I heard that Valve is working on some full VR games though. Fingers crossed for a new HL or Portal game!

There's supposed to be a Portal-esque game coming to console soon, Bridge Constructor. I just found out it's available for Android/iOS right now (for $5). It's far from a Portal 3, but it looks like it could be fun. Anyone try it yet?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Ive heard of that game, but no i havent played it

Cute name btw

--- Quote from: Quinn_Elizabeth on January 14, 2018, 05:30:20 pm ---Valve has pretty much laid off all their game devs. The main story writers behind HL2 and Portal no longer work there. I'm at the point where I want them to license out the different properties to other studios so we can at least get some game!! I feel like Portal is too good of a game series to let decay, as well as Left 4 Dead. 😩

-Quinn💖

--- End quote ---

Late last year they were teasing HL 3 ..... but my inner voice kept saying no Portal 3, Portal 3, Portal 3 LOL

Quinn_Elizabeth:
The whole thing about the Bridge Constructor game wasn't developed by Valve. It's actually a game that's been out for a while that has been re-released with Portal themed elements. IF they are doing anything with VR, that's not a good idea. VR is one of those things that are starting to lose steam because it's SOOOO expensive to get into. By this point you HAVE to give up on HL3. It's not coming. They refuse to acknowledge it and act like it doesn't exist. The main writer posted a synopsis of what HL3 was going to be on his blog if you want to go check it out. The last game that Valve has made themselves and have announced was Artifact which is another <not allowed> card game based off another IP in the same vein as Hearthstone. I more than anyone else would like them to make another big name, but they have just grown content with raking in the money from Steam than to make anything interesting. 😔

-Quinn💖

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version