Author Topic: Favorite Video Game character?  (Read 4442 times)

Offline TSL_NB

Re: Favorite Video Game character?
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2020, 05:23:43 pm »
Hi Caela

I would replace the coffee table in the lounge with one!  Gee, Ms. Pacman is def one of my faves as well.  That would be so awesome and nostalgic for me.

- Jenny

For me, what really makes it nostalgic is the old CRT screen they used (granted, it makes it really bulky, heavy, and not exactly energy-efficient or safe, but for me, that's what really triggers the memories).
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline TSL_NB

Re: Favorite Video Game character?
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2020, 05:26:57 pm »
Maybe Peach.
Super Mario Bros. 2 was one of the first video games I remember playing and beating all on my own. I would always play as the Princess, because of her floating. I loved how she could float, and it was such a useful ability that nobody could blame me for always playing as the girl.
And in the cartoon show (Super Mario Bros. Super Show), I thought she was cool: kind to her subjects, could put up a fight against baddies... and was really cute.

The Mario series evolved, and Peach's personality has changed, but I still enjoy her. There's just something about her that amuses me.... When she's a damsel in distress, she looks so melodramatic whereas Mario looks serious. And yet, she can put up a fight in Super Smash Bros.. (The more I think of it, it's really dry humor and I love it)
I love playing as her in Super Smash Bros.

@Arctic Kat Hey, Kat, I know this post is a bit old, but you would have a good laugh at this - my two youngest kids are hooked on the old SMB shows (my 5-year old will actually sing 'Do the Mario!' like Lou Albano did, swinging arms from side to side, and everything.  :)  )
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Tags: