Author Topic: Bari Jo's Corner  (Read 16226 times)

Offline Bari Jo

• Sorceress of Immense Nerd Power
  • fear, shame, you won't own me forever!
Re: Bari Jo's Corner
« Reply #460 on: July 16, 2018, 04:36:01 am »
you are doing well Hun, you just keep it up. Give Fanta a petting and hug from me will ya?

Hugs,
   Laurie

Hi Laurie, yes I really am.  It takes work, but work I'm happy to put in. Fanta loved the extra pets from you. For others, Fanta is my red standard poodle.  About 7 months ago I had a scare with him health wise, but he's all better now.

Jayne, if course I will post a picture with the new hair!! Alison, unfortunately AI and most people still see male.  If I really work on the makeup, AI sees me as female.  So that's my new goal.  Judi, I'm a hippie chic?  I do love the look.  I'm so enjoying developing the Bari Jo style.  I went shopping and bought more embroidered clothes and ladies sneakers.  It is really helping with my perception of myself and others of me.

Oh, if girls are interested, ladies jeans are awesome in their cut and fit.  However, if they don't have a bit of embroidery of glam on them the average person will think they are still men's jeans.  So now, it's Miss Me and Grace in LA instead of Levi's and Lee.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different

Offline Bari Jo

« Reply #461 on: July 17, 2018, 05:08:44 pm »
Today I learned the phrases.  "Your shirt has darts and you have boobs.  People will notice that.". Predictably, I then had the biggest smile on my face!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #462 on: July 17, 2018, 06:45:34 pm »
Today I learned the phrases.  "Your shirt has darts and you have boobs.  People will notice that.". Predictably, I then had the biggest smile on my face!

Bari Jo

@Bari Jo    That is a very cute and most happy report.... yes, darts indeed.  ... and the boobs, yes people will indeed notice that also.  Then the skirt, the shoes, your hair style, makeup, toe and finger nails polished, etc, etc.   Lots to do to get ready to go out, even for a casual event.

I am really enjoying following your journey, it just keeps getting better and better.

Hugs,
Danielle
Check out my Personal Threads that have more details about myself (click Links):
   "I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles"
               "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"
                           "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Started HRT March 2015 3+ years ago, it's been an exciting journey
>>> I've been Full Time since December 2016 :icon_chick:
I am 38 years old, Single, and Self Employed in a small town up in the COLD North.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Sonja

• work in progress...
« Reply #463 on: July 18, 2018, 12:06:15 am »
@Bari Jo  Hey Looking great! Can't wait to see your new hair colour when it gets done _ I LOVE coloured hair! and I adore those jeans you're wearing in your photo - Cute!

Sonja.

Online Allison S

• Family
« Reply #464 on: July 19, 2018, 12:28:29 am »

@Bari Jo  

I am really enjoying following your journey, it just keeps getting better and better.

Hugs,
Danielle

Same! I'm one of Bari Jo's loyal groupie lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline LizK

• I am awaiting delievery of my sparkling new Avatar
« Reply #465 on: July 19, 2018, 12:57:52 am »

Bari Jo

As you should  ;D
"You can't change the past but you can change the way you view it"

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do" Rumi

By Wild Sayings for Wild Women

HRT since 17 May 2016
Fulltime from 8 March 2017
GCS Scheduled November 28 2018
Transition Begun 25 September 2015   

Offline Bari Jo

« Reply #466 on: July 19, 2018, 08:27:32 am »
Thanks everybody, I've been such a wall flower my whole adult life, reading these comments warms my heart greatly. I've mentioned before that I do read a lot of people's posts,  but find it difficult to respond to threads when there's already a dynamic there.  It's like listening in at the group of cool girls talking and joking, but not finding the nerve to join in.  Anyway, thank you for being my cool girls:)

Bari Jo

Online Steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Living the New Normal
« Reply #467 on: July 19, 2018, 08:55:33 am »
Thanks everybody, I've been such a wall flower my whole adult life, reading these comments warms my heart greatly. I've mentioned before that I do read a lot of people's posts,  but find it difficult to respond to threads when there's already a dynamic there.  It's like listening in at the group of cool girls talking and joking, but not finding the nerve to join in.  Anyway, thank you for being my cool girls:)

Hi Bari Jo,

I’m still here, though I don’t say too much. I’ve been watching your progress and take a lot of joy watching you grow. You’re doing great!

I thought of you the other day when this storefront caught my eye as I was on my way to a friends place. It’s a pretty cool thing you do...

http://www.pinball-restorations.com

Keep on keepin’ on!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/11/2017 * GCS Consultation at Mt. Sinai 3/16/2018 * Began FFS Consultations June/July 2018

Online KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #468 on: July 19, 2018, 09:20:13 am »
It's like listening in at the group of cool girls talking and joking, but not finding the nerve to join in.
Hun, you are one of the cool girls.  I try to read everyone's threads, but there's just so many of them that I don't always have time to comment.  I love reading about your progress!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Online Steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Living the New Normal
« Reply #469 on: July 19, 2018, 09:25:02 am »
Hun, you are one of the cool girls.

Oh, excellent, point, Kathy! Bari Jo, there is always a spot held open for you in the cool girl’s group. They’re always waiting for you to join in. Maybe someday I’ll get a slot, too!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/11/2017 * GCS Consultation at Mt. Sinai 3/16/2018 * Began FFS Consultations June/July 2018

Offline LizK

« Reply #470 on: July 19, 2018, 10:37:27 pm »
Sometimes its hard to comment on all the threads I read so I wouldn't be too concerned about that...so it looks like you just joined the cool girls group....congrats LOL

HRT since 17 May 2016

Offline Roll

• Perpetually Innocent Nerd Girl
  • QUICK ALL, TO THE ROCKET GAZEBO! MAKE HASTE!
« Reply #471 on: July 21, 2018, 07:36:21 am »

Bari Jo

I have brought you up when speaking with family a few times (mostly my sister) and it always ends with "she is my hero!". You have done some truly awesome things, you are the coolest girl I know and I'm not just saying that.

Hey, even just in general, we're the transgender nerdy girls, in terms of cool we're about as in as can be right know! ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!

Offline Bari Jo

« Reply #472 on: July 21, 2018, 09:48:37 am »
I have brought you up when speaking with family a few times (mostly my sister) and it always ends with "she is my hero!". You have done some truly awesome things, you are the coolest girl I know and I'm not just saying that.

Hey, even just in general, we're the transgender nerdy girls, in terms of cool we're about as in as can be right know! ;D

This has warmed my heart like no other quote.  Thank you Ellie.  You have no idea what this does to my confidence.

Bari Jo

Offline Jessica

• "If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."
« Reply #473 on: July 21, 2018, 10:19:16 am »
Sometimes its hard to comment on all the threads I read so I wouldn't be too concerned about that...so it looks like you just joined the cool girls group....congrats LOL

In truth Liz, Bari Jo has been part of that group for a long while!

Hugs, Jess 🌸🌸🌸

... it's like running a car on ethanol when it's supposed to take gasoline... it'll work, but it's eventually gonna break down until you put it on the proper fuel.

Offline Bari Jo

« Reply #474 on: July 21, 2018, 04:48:54 pm »
I thought I'd post one last picture of me with the drab grey.  This is me at the women's pinball league with the one girl I hit it off with best.  I wear the hat to hide the short grey but next weekend it gets colored, yay!

Anyway, this is me no image modification.  I'm slowly becoming the girl I am inside.  Finally!

Offline LizK

« Reply #475 on: July 21, 2018, 05:43:01 pm »
It is so good to hear the satisfaction in your writings...its clear that what you are doing is really making you happy and a big difference in your life.

Take care

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2018, 05:53:09 pm »
I thought I'd post one last picture of me with the drab grey.  This is me at the women's pinball league with the one girl I hit it off with best.  I wear the hat to hide the short grey but next weekend it gets colored, yay!

Anyway, this is me no image modification.  I'm slowly becoming the girl I am inside.  Finally!

@Bari Jo .... great photo of you and your blue haired friend...
...may I ask what color for your hair are you going to choose for your own hair? 

It is certainly a nice feeling to confidently post pictures of yourself without any image modification....  it demonstrates your self-assurance.

Once you get your hair colored, you obviously will post a picture... right???
Thanks for sharing your life with all of us.

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle
Check out my Personal Threads that have more details about myself (click Links):
   "I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles"
               "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"
                           "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Started HRT March 2015 3+ years ago, it's been an exciting journey
>>> I've been Full Time since December 2016 :icon_chick:
I am 38 years old, Single, and Self Employed in a small town up in the COLD North.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Friend
« Reply #477 on: July 21, 2018, 09:20:50 pm »
Bari Jo, Just look at that smile!  You are way beyond being one of the cool girls.  You are LA Cool!   Is that a cup of iced coffee? 

Offline Bari Jo

« Reply #478 on: July 21, 2018, 11:14:13 pm »
Hi Judi, thanks i love that you think I'm LA cool:).

Liz, I really am doing things that make me happy.  I love when I see a genuine smile now.  Before I came out, I couldn't even fake a snile anymore.  Now, I do love life and even beginning to love myself.

Danielle, I'm leaving it up to my stylist, but she told my her favorite color for me at the moment is sparkling rose.  I took a pict of the color and bought nail polish to match.  Yes, I am that kind of girl:)

I can't wait till next week!

Bari Jo
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 09:27:14 pm by Bari Jo »

Offline Bari Jo

« Reply #479 on: July 23, 2018, 09:35:55 pm »
Today was a fun day.  I was completely absorbed by busy work.  But I was interrupted by my favorite producer who entered my office and closed the door.  She gave me a gift which I gleefully unwrapped.  Inside was Fanta lip gloss.  What a silly gift, but perfect gift for a girly girl like me, I love it.  We hugged and returned to work:)

Later on I left my office and returned to find a new safety Helmut with my name on it waiting for me on my chair. I had a dream about six months ago about being given a new Helmut during a dept meeting.  I awoke crying, but now this one is real, I love it.  Here's a pict.

Bari Jo

Tags: