Author Topic: Bari Jo's Corner  (Read 22127 times)

Offline LizK

• Tick Tick Tick....
Re: Bari Jo's Corner
« Reply #580 on: October 28, 2018, 03:24:28 pm »
Wooooo Hoooo looking smashing(sorry couldn't help myself LOL) but seriously you look great...I am not surprised you got compliments.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016, Fulltime from 8 March 2017, Transition Begun 25 September 2015 

436H09M BWCA?  ;D

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be – Lao Tzu

Offline Bari Jo

• Sorceress of Immense Nerd Power
  • fear, shame, you won't own me forever!
« Reply #581 on: November 07, 2018, 08:03:38 pm »
Back to transition troubles.  I'm so discouraged from electrolysis.  I am not one of the few that gets off lightly with very few hours.  I'm at my 8th pack of ten hours now.  My Electrologist tells me that it's much sparcer now with smaller hair.  For me, all I see is ugly man hair.  It's killing me.  I go two times a week too, and of course you need a couple days growth.  This means I am rarely without stubble.  Argh, I hate this.  I probable need at least 100 more hours.  I'd much prefer to work out on these days, or do anything but subject myself to pain and plan for it all the time.  I don't date even though I want to, since I always have stubble.  Right now feel like one big pile of ugly, correction, one big hairy pile of ugly.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #582 on: November 07, 2018, 10:07:07 pm »
Hang in there Bari Jo!  It is certainly a long slog but it will be worth it in the end.  As the hairs get finer is an indication the root is lessened too.  I know the stubble is tough to live with but have them focus on the darkest hairs first so the remaining hair is not a noticeable. 

Hug, Judi 

Offline Laurie

« Reply #583 on: November 08, 2018, 12:35:26 am »
 Bari,

All I have to say Hun is you are making quicker progress than I am. I have been going to electrolysis for well over a year now and probably still have less than 50 hours and those were mostly on my upper lip which I can now notice for myself has less hair growing back. I have only been able to afford 3 - 4 hours a month. I will increase that when Kaiser gets around to authorizing my electrologist to be a provider for them. They've been at it for about 2 months so far. Once they do I will be able to get tortured 3 - 4 times more than I can afford now. But it is a slow process.

hang in there Bari.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #584 on: November 08, 2018, 06:33:51 am »
I have been doing an hour a week for nearly two years, so I am closing in on 100 hours.  Parts of my cheeks now remain hairless after not shaving for four days.  At this point, my grow-out stubble is close to invisible, at least from a distance.  What remains has been getting finer.  If it was a 40 grit sandpaper before, it is now about a 220 grit.  So I am seeing real progress, and my electrologist figures we are into the home stretch.

The turning point was a couple of months ago.  Before that, I really wasn't seeing any improvement, as new hairs woke up as fast as she was killing the old ones.  But now, I seem to be running out of new hairs to wake up.  Each week, I have to increase the amount of skin I cover with Emla cream, to ensure that she has enough to work on for a full hour.

So, hang in there, Bari Jo.  I know it is a long, painful slog, but it is so worth it!  I love to run my hand over the parts of my face that are almost done and feel that baby's butt smoothness.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change

Offline Bari Jo

• Sorceress of Immense Nerd Power
  • fear, shame, you won't own me forever!
« Reply #585 on: November 08, 2018, 02:25:16 pm »
Thank you for your encouragement.  I just want this over.  I've been organizing my life around therapy, voice therapy and Electrolysis.  I need to live too damn it.

Oh, I've started tucking also.  I used to do this way back, but topped because I stopped transitioning a few times.  Have I mentioned this isn't my first attempt at transition?  Probably have mentioned a billion times.  Anyway, I'm tucking again and actually like it.  I don't remember feeling joy in it before.  I ordered a gaff to try out also.  I remember hating that before.  We will see if I still enjoy this new feeling.

For those wondering, I'm getting better about my Fanta too.  I don't blame myself like I used to.

I've also been toying with the idea of starting a YouTube channel too.  This is just to practice my voice and share some hobbies, beef jerky making, art, beer making, vita games.  It'll have no issues in politics and will rarely mention any trans issues.  I'm still struggling with a name.  I don't want to use the same name as here since it's more public.  If you have ideas, please send in IM so they aren't linked.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different

Offline Quinn

« Reply #586 on: November 08, 2018, 02:45:42 pm »
Your not alone with regards to the hair removal, im around 110 hours now . Figure I need probably about that much still.
I have used a few of those hours and had the hair on my finger and hands, toes and feet, and underarms cleared a few times , those other areas are really fast to clear . 
   Hang in there it will be behind us at some point

Take care of yourself

Offline Michelle_P

• Transgender veteran, advocate, and public speaker
  • Family
  • Voices for Transgender Equality member
    • Michelle Paquette (Blog)
« Reply #587 on: November 08, 2018, 03:50:43 pm »
On electrolysis, somewhere around the 100-120 hour point I ran out of mature active hairs, and both the way my skin felt and the way treatment progressed began to change.  My electrolyst was able to use lower settings, and a shorter probe with more insulation, a smaller active tip.  This greatly reduced the discomfort.

At around the 180 hour point I was having my entire face cleared in a 2 hour visit, and I stopped shaving completely just to get enough growth for her to work on.  Gradually the hair got even sparser, to the point where recently I have just gone in every 2-3 weeks and have been completely cleared in 90 minutes or less.

I’m at about 235 hours now, and Jodie is retiring.  I’ll probably look around for a local electrolyst to do ‘maintenance’ on my face.  I have less facial hair now than many post-menopausal ciswomen.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 233 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018
Michelle’s personal blog and biography

Tags: