Author Topic: Jessica's Rose Garden  (Read 41918 times)

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: Jessica's Rose Garden
« Reply #900 on: July 10, 2020, 10:34:55 am »
Alas, I was never very good at most sports -- always the last one picked for teams in school. When our youngest daughter played softball in high school, I took photos at her first game. I noticed that no one else was taking photos, so I started taking photos of everyone on the team. I took photos at every game. At the end of the season I gave everyone DVDs containing all of the photos. When our daughter joined a club team, I took photos for them as well. Even though our daughter graduated high school five years ago, I have continued taking game photos. This will be my 9th year taking photos for the high school, and my 6th year for the club team. I have upgraded my cameras and lenses a few times, and now I load the photos onto flash drives instead of DVDs. I'm not sure how much longer I will be doing it because it does take a lot of time, but it is something I enjoy.

I always delete the photos with player errors. If a ball bounces out of a glove or a player strikes out, I am the only one who sees those photos. We all make mistakes during our lives, and I want the photos to remind  the players of their successes.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out - Jessica Rose
GCS Thread - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019 - Jessica_Rose
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #901 on: July 19, 2020, 08:59:05 pm »
A few days ago I decided to try the 'Voice Pitch Analyzer' app again. The last time I tried it was on 29 Dec 2018, and back then it showed this:
Min Avg: 149Hz, Max Avg: 188Hz, Average: 167Hz - Androgenous range

When I tried it on 14 July 2020, my numbers were much better:
Min Avg: 167Hz, Max Avg: 221Hz, Average: 191Hz - Female range

Another in the photo series 'Women with Power Tools'. What could be more frightening to a man than a woman with a pole saw!
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Online steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #902 on: July 19, 2020, 10:13:00 pm »
A few days ago I decided to try the 'Voice Pitch Analyzer' app again. The last time I tried it was on 29 Dec 2018, and back then it showed this:

When I tried it on 14 July 2020, my numbers were much better:

Another in the photo series 'Women with Power Tools'. What could be more frightening to a man than a woman with a pole saw!

Great progress with the voice, girlfriend!

In my new job I have to make and answer phone calls. It was scary the first few times, but so far no misgendering! Whew!

As for the power tools... well, the one I use is a lot shorter, and must be out of balance, because it vibrates a lot.

I won’t make any comments about ten-foot poles...

- Stephanie
Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/11/2019 * Name and Gender Change on Birth Certificate 11/21/2019 * Accepted Internally That Transition is Completed 11/28/2019

Online Maddie

• Family
« Reply #903 on: July 21, 2020, 03:28:56 am »
Average Hz in the 190s is a pretty cool spot to be!

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #904 on: July 21, 2020, 03:56:44 am »
- -
In my new job I have to make and answer phone calls. It was scary the first few times, but so far no misgendering! Whew!
- -
Stephanie

@steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:
I had the same scary feeling after I went full-time and started my own business, I had no one else to answer the phones... 
I am so glad that we did not experience misgending with our voices!!!  WHEW for sure!!!!
Thank you for sharing,

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

« Reply #905 on: July 21, 2020, 04:01:32 am »
@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:
I love this post of yours.
Congratulations on your voice....

... and I think that your latest addition to the  'Women with Power Tools' photo collection is terrific!!!!
You look great!!!

Thank you for sharing....

HUGS,
Danielle

When I trie_d it on 14 July 2020, my numbers were much better:

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #906 on: July 21, 2020, 07:28:00 am »
Great progress with the voice, girlfriend!

As for the power tools... well, the one I use is a lot shorter, and must be out of balance, because it vibrates a lot.

I won’t make any comments about ten-foot poles...

- Stephanie

I was surprised by the increase in my voice pitch, because I have not really been working on it. I guess it is improving via continual use. I still don't like using the phone much. Although I have not been misgendered in person or over the phone in a long time, I'm still worried about it. It's too easy to be misgendered when they can't see your face.

Stephanie, for someone as mechanically-minded as you, it should be simple to fix that power tool vibration. However, knowing you I suspect it is a situation the Beach Boys wrote a song about -- 'Good Vibrations'.  ;D

Online steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #907 on: July 21, 2020, 08:42:58 am »

Stephanie, for someone as mechanically-minded as you, it should be simple to fix that power tool vibration. However, knowing you I suspect it is a situation the Beach Boys wrote a song about -- 'Good Vibrations'.  ;D

It’s givin’ me ex-cite-ations...

- Stephanie
Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/11/2019 * Name and Gender Change on Birth Certificate 11/21/2019 * Accepted Internally That Transition is Completed 11/28/2019

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #908 on: July 25, 2020, 07:27:46 am »
@Jessica_Rose,

JessicaRose,

I wanted to again thank you for taking your time to answer my recent questions and for being so receptive for me to continue to ask you for your advice and opinions.  You are a wonderful woman!

Have a wonderful, joyful day!     :eusa_dance: :icon_biggrin: :icon_bumdance-nerd: :icon_dance: :icon_joy: :icon_cute: :icon_rockon: :icon_woowoo: :icon_walk: :icon_lol: :icon_wink: :icon_geekdance: :icon_giggle: :icon_pelvic_thrust: :icon_pelvic_thrust2: :icon_wave:

Thank you so very, very much.   :)  :)

Hugs,

Chrissy

[25000]
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

« Reply #909 on: July 26, 2020, 07:34:44 pm »
@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:

Wishing YOU
....a very :icon_flower: :icon_flower: Happy Birthday :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
I hope that your special day includes time with family and friends...
... with  Candles and CAKE.

HUGS and best wishes on July 27th, your special day and birthday.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Online AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #910 on: July 27, 2020, 12:34:34 am »
Happy Birthday, I hope not too late, Jessica.  It was wonderful meeting you and I hope that one day we can do that again.  Best wishes to you and yours,

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #911 on: July 27, 2020, 02:03:35 am »
Have a good day, celebrate in style dear . HAPPY BIRTHDAY XXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Online Maddie

• Family
« Reply #912 on: July 27, 2020, 07:04:56 am »
Happy birthday Jessica Rose 🌹
Have a good one!

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
« Reply #913 on: July 27, 2020, 07:17:13 am »
I hope you have a lovely birthday Jessica Rose  :)

Cyndi
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #914 on: July 27, 2020, 02:51:45 pm »
Happy Birthday! What is it, 2, 3?

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #915 on: July 27, 2020, 03:03:24 pm »
Thanks everyone, for all of the warm wishes.

Northern Star Girl - Susan made a carrot cake with pink frosting! It will just be Susan and me, plus a trip to the electrologist!

AllieSF - I hope we can visit each other again too!

RandyL - I think I'm going with 30, that is roughly the average of my biological age and Jessica's age since going full time.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #916 on: July 27, 2020, 09:50:20 pm »
Today went really well. I started off by wearing one of my new dresses, and Susan made some banana pancakes for breakfast. After work, I visited one of my favorite people and places -- Kris, my electrologist! After a two hour session, I stopped by Victoria's Secret to use the birthday gift coupon they sent, of course I picked up a few other things too! Then I stopped by Cheddar's to pick up supper, which Susan and I ate outside on our deck. Finally, it was time for dessert -- carrot cake!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #917 on: July 27, 2020, 09:52:31 pm »
Today went really well. I started off by wearing one of my new dresses, and Susan made some banana pancakes for breakfast. After work, I visited one of my favorite people and places -- Kris, my electrologist! After a two hour session, I stopped by Victoria's Secret to use the birthday gift coupon they sent, of course I picked up a few other things too! Then I stopped by Cheddar's to pick up supper, which Susan and I ate outside on our deck. Finally, it was time for dessert -- carrot cake!

That sounds wonderful!   :)

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: mtf hrt transition journal