Author Topic: Jessica's Rose Garden  (Read 49290 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Jessica's Rose Garden
« Reply #940 on: October 07, 2020, 02:10:18 pm »
@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:
Very nice!!!  A great affirmation for you and a wonderful encouragement to others!!!
Thank you for being so open and sharing your story here and with others elsewhere such as NCOD.

HUGS and continued well wishes to you.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #941 on: October 09, 2020, 08:02:19 am »
Thanks @Northern Star Girl !!!

Yesterday, Progressive Insurance held their annual National Coming Out Day event. This year's event was virtual due to COVID-19, and we had the highest attendance ever, with over 2000 people registered! Our Chief Marketing Officer opened the event, then six of us told our stories, including me. Our CEO closed the event, and she was in tears after hearing our stories. I expect there are a few other companies which foster such an accepting environment, but I feel extremely lucky to work here.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019
GCS II and FFS - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019
FFS II - FFS II with Dr. Ley on 13 Oct 2020
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #942 on: October 17, 2020, 09:30:58 pm »
Part of the National Coming Out Day event was pre-recorded, but there was also a 'live' question and answer session. During the live portion, I wore a t-shirt which several people asked me about. I found it on Amazon...
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #943 on: October 19, 2020, 09:15:24 am »
Jessica Rose that is a a great T shirt!!!
  The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #944 on: November 11, 2020, 07:16:30 pm »
It's been quite a while since my last post, most of what's happened since then was related to my last round of surgery. Although there is still some swelling, the bruising has completely cleared up. The most exciting thing was actually a trip to the grocery store. As I rounded a corner near the bakery, I stepped on a small piece of carrot -- it seemed like a sheet of ice. I managed to break my fall a bit with my right hand, but not before my boots left awesome skid marks on the tile floor. Although it took me a few minutes to get back up, other than a sore shoulder and a stiff neck there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage. I did talk to the store manager about it, they took several photos and I gave them my contact information. Maybe they'll send a gift card...

We are planning a trip down to Austin TX to visit one of our daughters the weekend before Thanksgiving, then we will head over to Louisiana for Thanksgiving with another group of relatives. None of them know about my recent surgery. It will be interesting to see if anyone notices.

I also found another good t-shirt on Amazon...

« Reply #945 on: November 11, 2020, 09:53:49 pm »
@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:
I am so very glad to read that your accidental "fall" at the grocery store did not cause any significant injuries.  Falling at any age is not a good plan, especially after costly and time consuming surgeries.    I wish you good fortune in getting that gift certificate from them.   The are probably afraid of being sued.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday trip to Texas to visit your daughter and then to Louisiana to visit more relatives.

I am wishing your safe travels.   

If any of them have not seen you for an extended period of time I would think that your changes will certainly be noticed....   Every time I see your pictures that you post I am always amazed at how you appear to be the happy and beautiful woman that you are.

I will be eagerly looking for your updates and perhaps even more photos as you feel so inclined to share with me and the rest of your followers.

HUGS, HUGS, and more HUGS,
Danielle
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:17:50 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #946 on: November 12, 2020, 09:58:14 pm »
Thanks for dropping by @Northern Star Girl !!! I love getting occasional notes from you (and others on the forum), and I sometimes wonder how you find the time to check in on everyone!

I did get a call from the grocery store (a nationwide chain), but we have been playing phone tag. Hopefully we will be able to chat tomorrow. My neck and right shoulder are still sore, but everything else seems to be fine.

I saw my electrologist again today. The facial bruising had cleared up enough for her to do a complete clearing of my face and neck. When I started electrolysis nearly four years ago, it took months to clear my face and neck. Now it only takes an hour or so, and 95% of the hair is peach fuzz.

Getting where I am now wasn't easy, and I honestly never dreamed that I would one day look like this. The memories of who I used to be are fading, slowly being replaced by the person I have become. There are still some days when I struggle with my identity though. COVID-19 has significantly reduced the public interactions which provided daily affirmation. Unless I look in the mirror, I sometimes forget that I am not who I used be. Putting on makeup and wearing something beautiful reminds me of who I am, and my smile quickly returns. Since my healing is nearly complete and the swelling has gone down significantly, I will try to take some new photos this weekend. While we were in Scottsdale prior to my surgery, I found an awesome full-length red dress. Although it isn't exactly the same as the one in the movie, I call it my 'Jessica Rabbit' dress. Maybe I'll wear it for my personal photo shoot...

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #947 on: November 14, 2020, 06:24:15 pm »
Per implied request from @Northern Star Girl , I have taken a few new photos. I'm not sure that my smile is quite back to normal, but it's getting close.

The first photo is the outfit I wore while Susan and I were out shopping today. The second is my 'Jessica Rabbit' dress. I know it's not quite the same, but it's nearly floor length, it's bright red, it has a long slit, and I like it! The last photo is a dress I recently found on eBay, it even has pockets!

« Reply #948 on: November 14, 2020, 07:47:16 pm »
@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:    aka:  Jessica Rabbit ;) :o
Thank you for posting your pictures of yourself in your latest 3 new outfits.  You look absolutely beautiful in all of them, but the Red Dress certainly looks very, very good on you.

Hopefully you are planning to wear some or all of your new outfits during your Thanksgiving Holiday visit and travels to see family and extended relatives in Texas and in Louisiana? ???

Thank you for sharing.
HUGS, and more Hugs,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #949 on: November 17, 2020, 08:02:22 pm »
Thanks once again @Northern Star Girl ! What I wear really depends on the weather down there. Right now the forecast is calling for highs in the 60's and 70's with a few days of scattered showers. I have a few more days to figure out my wardrobe...

Most of this year, except during COVID-19 lockdowns, I have been having 4 - 5 hours of electrolysis per week. The results are beginning to show. Yesterday, Kris cleared my face, neck, underarms, and chest in an hour! Most of what she finds now is just long peach fuzz, with only a few coarse hairs. Kris has expanded the area she is treating to include the backs of my thighs -- which turns out to be a highly sensitive area. The laser treatments on my legs took care of the vast majority of the hair, but there are a few stubborn ones that didn't respond to treatment. I'm hoping I can soon begin to reduce my weekly time on the table.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #950 on: November 20, 2020, 06:05:41 am »
A few months ago, the LGBT+ Employee Resource Group where I work asked me to write an article to mark this day. the Transgender Day of Remembrance. It will be emailed to a few thousand employees within next few hours. I posted the article here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,254770.msg2397392.html#msg2397392

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #951 on: November 20, 2020, 11:54:15 am »
Hi Jess, you look great in your pictures! Thanks for posting. Kris told me the other day that you were healing up nicely. I've nearly completed my FIRST pass on my face...neck and chest still to go.

Take care and stay healthy in your travels. My own son decided not to come up from Albuquerque because they have a no travel order, and things aren't looking good here either.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #952 on: November 20, 2020, 12:21:04 pm »
Thanks for dropping by @RandyL !

Thanks also for the compliments! Electrolysis does take a long time, but the sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish. It's been several months since I had to shave. Even though Kris is starting to have a hard time finding hairs, it still isn't a pleasurable experience. As far as electrolysis above your navel, upper lip is the worst. My four-year electrolysis anniversary will be 31 Jan 2021.

This year has been a dumpster fire, but I think if anything that makes it even more important to spend some time with those we love. My mom passed away in February (cancer), and this will be my dad's first Thanksgiving without her in around 65 years. Even though my doctor is pretty sure I had COVID-19 in late February, and Susan was very sick then as well, we still take precautions. We wear masks indoors (except at home), and I even wear gloves when pumping gas.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #953 on: November 30, 2020, 09:04:27 pm »
Our trip went well. We spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning (21-22 Nov) in Austin with our youngest daughter (K), and even did a little shopping with her. Sunday afternoon we had an uneventful drive up to Benton, LA to visit my dad. I helped him get a new cell phone and transferred his old land-line number to it, signed him up for some dental insurance, and set up some digital music in both cars and his house. Now he can listen to Doc Watson, Lightning Hopkins, and Muddy Waters wherever and whenever he wants!

Thanksgiving went well. This year my sister-in-law hosted the event, which was spread across three separate dining areas. K even drove up from Austin with her long-term boyfriend. She had not visited Louisiana in nearly five years, and it was the first time her boyfriend had a chance to meet the rest of the family. K and her boyfriend returned to Austin on Friday, while Susan and I returned home on Sunday (29 Nov).

During the trip I received a call from the 'adjuster' for the grocery store where I had that slip and fall a few weeks ago. As there was no long-term damage and no doctors were involved, I accepted their offer of $200, which I though was fair.

Although my dad seems to be getting along well, the house seemed empty without my mom. I don't know how my dad gets through the day. Mom was always there for us, until the day she wasn't. I wish we had more time for her to get to know me better, I wish she could have given her daughter some sage advice, but now there are no more opportunities. Make the most of every day, because the last time you see someone may be the last time.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #954 on: December 08, 2020, 09:18:33 am »
I had a three-hour electrolysis session yesterday, with another two-hour session scheduled for Wednesday. Most of the time is being spent on the back of my thighs and, um, lower cheeks -- I used to be somewhat hirsute. Sometime Kris says 'good girl' after treating a hair in a painful location, for some reason that makes me smile. Our daughter in Austin is still planning to visit during Christmas, but due to COVID she may drive instead of fly. She works for the Texas State Department of Health, and she knows more than most people about how widespread COVID is right now.

There are still days when I question my choice to start this journey, but thinking about the day I nearly ended my life and the lives of my wife and daughters provides all the justification I need. Initially it seemed like an impossible task, but taking things one step at a time allowed me to get to where I am now. Hopefully I will soon be able to consign my past to a dark corner of a storage room.

My next round of surgery is scheduled for 16 Feb 2021. Although I really love Dr. Ley and the Meltzer Clinic, I hope that will be my last trip to Scottsdale. If you want a surgeon who does an awesome job on everything, please consider Dr. Ley.

Offline Froodah

« Reply #955 on: December 09, 2020, 01:54:47 am »
Wow more than 40,000 views. You're famous!

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #956 on: December 10, 2020, 07:11:18 am »
Jessica I am so glad that you refuse to allow doubt to back you up.  It is so easy to give up but you know you won't. 

I look forward to catching up to you with my own transition...it does seem so long a path but I can't say it's boring!

Warm regards,

Emma

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #957 on: December 10, 2020, 08:20:54 am »
@Froodah  , I wouldn't say I'm famous -- this thread is nearly three years old! Hopefully it contains some information which will help others find their path, or help them reach their destination.

@Emma1017  , I think we all occasionally question our motives for embarking on such a life-changing journey, one which usually comes at such a very high price -- personal, emotional, physical, social, and monetary. We are all different, and each of us has our own, unique reason for boarding the train. No one reason is better than another, it just has to be one which will push us hard enough to overcome the obstacles we will inevitably encounter. If our reason is sound, strong enough to overcome our doubts and our fears, there is nothing that can stop us from reaching our goal. Some obstacles may certainly slow us down, but we will never stop.

I know you struggled with your decision for a long time. Finally, after years of self-questioning, you found your reason. When you feel doubt, remember why you chose to board the train, and it should provide the strength you need to continue until you reach your destination. In all honesty, I have reached my destination. I have my cake. My next round of surgery will add the icing I desire so I can savor it even more, and live the rest of my life as the person I was born to be.

Thanks for dropping by. Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #958 on: December 10, 2020, 08:58:00 am »
Thanks, as always Jessica, for your thoughts.  I just shared with Davina the best part of baking is getting to lick the icing off the spoon!

Warmest wishes for the holidays,

Emma

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #959 on: December 25, 2020, 07:15:26 am »
Christmas morning. Neither of our daughters could make it home this year, so it's our first Christmas alone as a couple since 1993. Susan started the turkey a few hours ago, and the scent of turkey is slowly filling the house. We're both wondering what we're going to wear. Even though it's just us, we like to dress up a bit for Christmas. There are plenty of gifts under the tree, even a few for our furry companion -- he loves opening his own gifts on Christmas! Other than the sounds of holiday music, the crinkling of wrapping paper, the crackling of a fire, and our expressions of thanks for the thoughtful gifts, our house will be quiet. No kids running up and down the stairs, no video games being played. Four years ago I never would have envisioned a Christmas like this. Just Susan and I, enjoying each others company, wondering and hopeful for what next year will bring. I hope everyone can find at least a few moments of peace today... Merry Christmas to all of you.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 02:32:16 pm by Jessica_Rose »