Author Topic: Jessica's Rose Garden  (Read 41569 times)

Offline randim

Re: Jessica's Rose Garden
« Reply #880 on: June 02, 2020, 09:43:11 am »
For me, laser is just going to be of limited use.  Too much salt in the beard.  Sigh

BTW Maddie, that is a GREAT avatar pix.  Hang on to that.

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #881 on: June 02, 2020, 10:47:11 am »
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you both!

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #882 on: June 02, 2020, 10:49:43 am »
Happy Anniversary Jessica.  It is truly wonderful to see some long lasting marriages, especially when and after transitiong.  Time to enjoy the new old life!

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #883 on: June 09, 2020, 07:19:11 am »
The white spots on my cape, and the white stuff on our lawn, are not the result of an exceptionally large flock of birds. Would you believe it's snowing at my house? That's right! June 9th 2020, and it's snowing at my house. We have lived here 14 years, and this is the first time we have seen snow in June.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out - Jessica Rose
GCS Thread - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019 - Jessica_Rose
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #884 on: June 09, 2020, 09:34:10 am »
Yes the climate has got its knickers in a knot, we went from 29C to 14C in 2 days.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline mm

« Reply #885 on: June 09, 2020, 10:06:36 am »
Jessica_Rose, I see several high elevations in CO had snow; high 90's here, so wish we had a morning with snow here.

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #886 on: June 09, 2020, 01:24:27 pm »
Going to be a perfect day here, sunny and a high around 85!  Good thing about where you are, wait a couple of days and it will be summer again with those afternoon rainstorms!

Hugs,

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Donica

• Smiling again!!!
« Reply #887 on: June 10, 2020, 01:01:15 pm »
Yes, the weather has certainly been making herself known. It went from a June Gloom 65F earlier in the week, to 105F today. If you could throw a few snowballs at me Jessica, I wouldn't mind a bit.

Hugs!
Rebirth June 9, 2017. Started HRT August 22, 2017. Came out June 16, 2017, Full time July 9, 2018. Started FHR August 9, 2018.
Started VFT September 19, 2018, Name and Gender change October 19. 2018, FFS 09/06/2019, Progesterone 10/18/2019.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #888 on: June 13, 2020, 06:46:52 pm »
Sorry Donica, the snow was gone by noon!

Today I did something I had never done before. Something my parents never would have allowed when I was growing up. Today I washed my car... while wearing shorts and a sports bra. Susan didn't mind, the neighbors didn't care, and the world didn't come to an end. Small things like this, which most women take for granted, take me some time to get used to. There are many freedoms that women enjoy, and I am still exploring them, while slowly taking another step in my journey.
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #889 on: June 13, 2020, 07:57:23 pm »
Sorry Donica, the snow was gone by noon!

Today I did something I had never done before. Something my parents never would have allowed when I was growing up. Today I washed my car... while wearing shorts and a sports bra. Susan didn't mind, the neighbors didn't care, and the world didn't come to an end. Small things like this, which most women take for granted, take me some time to get used to. There are many freedoms that women enjoy, and I am still exploring them, while slowly taking another step in my journey.
Yes! I rode my bike like that the other day (got some long looks from the guys on the trail) and mowed my lawn like that yesterday. It’s so liberating. I’m proud of you, girl!!!

- Stephanie
Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/11/2019 * Name and Gender Change on Birth Certificate 11/21/2019 * Accepted Internally That Transition is Completed 11/28/2019

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #890 on: June 15, 2020, 08:05:45 pm »
Yes! I rode my bike like that the other day (got some long looks from the guys on the trail) and mowed my lawn like that yesterday. It’s so liberating. I’m proud of you, girl!!!

- Stephanie

Stephanie, I must admit that your Facebook photos helped push me along!

My electrologist, Kris, broke her wrist last week. She called me yesterday and said she wanted to go forward with our appointment so she could see if she could work with a cast on her left wrist (she is right-handed). I was her only client today, and she did a great job! We did keep the appointment to one hour, and she said if her wrist still feels good tomorrow we can have another one hour session. I told her not to over-do it though, because it could prolong her pain and lengthen the time she needs to heal.

Over the weekend Susan told me that one of our hose reels was broken. She said it squirted her every time she turned it on. While suppressing my laughter, I told her she never complained in the past when that happened with me! Think about it... and yes, Susan thought it was funny too!

Under the heading 'it didn't happen unless you took a photo', here is a photo with me and my cordless electric chainsaw! Susan asked me to take out an evergreen shrub which had outgrown the area it was in, and after all I have put her through, I usually do whatever Susan asks. I did change before putting the chainsaw to use -- jeans and a long sleeve shirt are much more appropriate clothing to wear while using a chainsaw.

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #891 on: June 15, 2020, 09:31:55 pm »
Stephanie, I must admit that your Facebook photos helped push me along!

Over the weekend Susan told me that one of our hose reels was broken. She said it squirted her every time she turned it on. While suppressing my laughter, I told her she never complained in the past when that happened with me! Think about it... and yes, Susan thought it was funny too!

D***mn girl! You’re rockin’ the look! You’re so tall and slim instead of short and chunky like me. Looking hot! Or should I say cool. Having lots of skin showing is something new for a lot of us. What a novel and welcome feeling! And getting appreciative looks doesn’t hurt either, even if the attraction doesn’t go the other way... maybe... not too much... oh heck, I dunno any more.

As for the hose reel... TMI !!!!

- Stephanie
Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/11/2019 * Name and Gender Change on Birth Certificate 11/21/2019 * Accepted Internally That Transition is Completed 11/28/2019

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #892 on: June 15, 2020, 10:40:21 pm »

Under the heading 'it didn't happen unless you took a photo', here is a photo with me and my cordless electric chainsaw! Susan asked me to take out an evergreen shrub which had outgrown the area it was in, and after all I have put her through, I usually do whatever Susan asks. I did change before putting the chainsaw to use -- jeans and a long sleeve shirt are much more appropriate clothing to wear while using a chainsaw.

That chainsaw photo reminds me of one from @KathyLauren a year or two ago. She was all dolled up in Kevlar gear. Bit of a contrast lol

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk
Casting about for my best path forward...

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #893 on: June 22, 2020, 12:43:41 pm »
Celebrating Father's Day seems a bit odd, but it is who I am. Susan and I went out for lunch yesterday, the first time we have eaten out since February. It was an awesome day, so we ate outside on a patio table at Cheddar's. We had a beautiful view of the front range and Pikes Peak. After lunch we went to the firing range for an hour of practice, then headed off to Victoria's Secret, where I found a few items on sale that I wanted. We visited a few other stores before heading home. I made omelettes for supper. Both of my daughters called, and later in the evening I called my dad. In spite of everything going on in the world right now, it was a pretty good day. I also took a few photos...

My new avatar photo at work and on Facebook:

My new Susan's Place avatar:

Me and Susan:

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #894 on: June 24, 2020, 12:16:42 pm »
I had an electrolysis appointment Monday. Even with a cast on her wrist, in just two hours Kris was able to clear my stomach, chest, neck, face, and underarms. Hair growth in those areas is definitely slowing down.

It's a gorgeous day at our house. Temperature in the low 80's, light breeze, a few small clouds drifting by... perfect weather for a sundress! My parents would never have let me wear something like this when I was growing up...

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #895 on: June 24, 2020, 12:26:24 pm »
@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:
I loved reading your recent updates... so very positive !!!

Your recent pictures that you posted .... you look terrific and happy... I love your SunDress,.

OH, and you with the Chainsaw ....  women and power tools, a great combination for sure.

Please keep your updates coming.

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #896 on: July 04, 2020, 04:59:37 pm »
I had an electrolysis session last Monday, which I mentioned to one of my best friends. She told me to have fun. I replied 'Yes, getting my hoo ha electrocuted is always good for a few laughs.'  I think having a sense of humor about this really helps...

Today Susan and I are going to a cookout with a few friends, this is the same family that bought my Monte Carlo a few months ago. We have known each other for a few years, and they have become really good friends. I decided to wear something colorful, a dress I bought just a few days before my mom passed away in February. It's interesting how an inexpensive dress can make me feel so pretty! I actually began to cry when I looked in the mirror, I still can't believe the person staring back from the mirror is me. I think Susan looks good too!

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #897 on: July 05, 2020, 02:48:53 am »
Lovely photos , you both look so happy XXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #898 on: July 07, 2020, 09:21:59 pm »
First, I need to thank those of you who have commented on my recent posts. We all need encouragement from time to time, and I sincerely appreciate your comments.

Softball tournaments have started up again in Colorado, and the Mountain States Tournament is this coming weekend. I plan to take as many photos as I can, while Susan visits with Debi and Tia in Loveland. Of course, I plan to spend some time with them as well once the games are over for the day.

Monday I had another two-hour electrolysis appointment. After Kris had cleaned up all the usual areas, she asked if there was anyplace else needing work. I had a few stray hairs near my ankles, so she went after them. The electrolysis machine has eight power levels, and Kris usually sets it on level '4' for general use, level '3' for my upper lip, and level '2' for the area near my clitoris. I never would have guessed that electrolysis on my ankles would have been so excruciatingly painful, significantly worse than upper lip work. Even on level '1' it was nearly intolerable. We made it through, but I am not looking forward to clearing that area again. Luckily HRT has taken care of the hair I used to have on my toes.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #899 on: July 10, 2020, 10:21:19 am »
Looking  forward to a day where they have to look for places to clear..

Thanks for the update and the ankle awareness message Jessica Rose.  Ouch.
Do you play softball or just capture images of it?

Tags: mtf hrt transition journal