General Discussions > Help and How to

Help with not looking feminine

<< < (3/4) > >>

DawnOday:

--- Quote from: Shambles on January 22, 2018, 03:25:36 pm ---how did you go about voice training from a deep start? Any tips ? ;)

--- End quote ---

One of the tools you may consider is downloading a pitch meter such as "Da Tuner" actually there are many guitar tuning apps that can also work. Here are the parameters I use at my therapists urging. My Male voice registers a G2   My female voice registers at F3. This is in the 175htz range. Whereas G2 is around 90htz.  There are many tutorials on line. University of Iowa even has a website devoted to speech http://soundsofspeech.uiowa.edu/index.html#english
http://ncvs.org/e-learning/tutorials/index.html
http://heartcorps.com/journeys/voice.htm

The biggest difference for me was to transfer resonance from my chest to my mouth and this takes a lot of work. Also diaphragm breathing rather than chest breathing. Practice. practice practice. Practice in front of a web cam and review the playback as it gives a better idea than listening in your head as you speak.

If you have an Ipad or Iphone you might try downloading EVA by Kathe Perez from the Apple store. It is a rather comprehensive vocal training suite.

Remember though speech is only half the battle. How you present is important too. Study female traits such as smiling when you talk. Using your hands, paying attention and giving reassurance as others are speaking. A good way to do this is choosing someone you think would be a good example. I chose Meryl Streep. Watch them doing interviews on you tube and them practice doing what they do. Do not use their movies as examples because they are acting in the movies.
Hope this helps

AnneK:
One thing to keep in mind, dress appropriately for the situation.  I have seen several cross dressers, in an attempt to look feminine wearing something that makes them stand out, because it's not appropriate.  When I was into cross dressing, I always tried for the "plain Jane" look, as it was easiest to achieve and wouldn't cause me to stand out.

Allie Bee:

--- Quote from: Charlie Nicki on January 22, 2018, 02:02:37 pm ---I saw your pics and that is an amazing transformation. Can you share which voice exercises you did to improve?

--- End quote ---
Thank you So much hun^_^ that truly means a lot.
Tbh i just scoured youtube videos & learned from other tgirls & what they did. A biological man's vocal chords can make any sound that a female's can, it just takes work to train those "upper" muscles.  I couod go on but you xan get plenty of info from youtube testimonials. Also, yes, definitely download a tuner app.  I have two✌"Da Tuner Lite" & "pitch lab pro." According to most of the girls out there on youtube & in my experience, C4 is the "standard" average female pitch. There's also voice training apps available for androids like "voice pitch analyzer."
Singing Alicia Keys helps a lot, lol. Been doin A Lot of talkin to myself lately😅
It just takes training & confidence. Keep in mind there are many cis girls with low voices. No more speaking from the chest tho, gotta tighten thise upper tbriat muscles & "squeeze the air" so it goes faster through a narrower opening. Youll see what i mean:)
Tbh, i dont even think you need to waste money on a voice coach but to each their own💸💸💸

Charlie Nicki:

--- Quote from: Allie Bee on January 29, 2018, 02:59:00 am ---Thank you So much hun^_^ that truly means a lot.
Tbh i just scoured youtube videos & learned from other tgirls & what they did. A biological man's vocal chords can make any sound that a female's can, it just takes work to train those "upper" muscles.  I couod go on but you xan get plenty of info from youtube testimonials. Also, yes, definitely download a tuner app.  I have two✌"Da Tuner Lite" & "pitch lab pro." According to most of the girls out there on youtube & in my experience, C4 is the "standard" average female pitch. There's also voice training apps available for androids like "voice pitch analyzer."
Singing Alicia Keys helps a lot, lol. Been doin A Lot of talkin to myself lately😅
It just takes training & confidence. Keep in mind there are many cis girls with low voices. No more speaking from the chest tho, gotta tighten thise upper tbriat muscles & "squeeze the air" so it goes faster through a narrower opening. Youll see what i mean:)
Tbh, i dont even think you need to waste money on a voice coach but to each their own💸💸💸

--- End quote ---

Thanks I will download the pitch analyzer.

Virginia:
A more psychological perspective
It is reality that there are people are simply not androgynous enough to pass as another gender. My GT explained there are three different human needs drive Gender Dysphoria; social acceptance, acceptance of how we look and  of who we are. Therapy is important to explorer these needs for yourself to determine whether transition will fill your needs or make them worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version