Author Topic: Hip Widening Surgery now avaliable via a new technique called Minimal Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis  (Read 8586 times)

Offline Tessa84

I've been following this story for a year or two and haven't seen any pictures other than the drawings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ricki

For real?? Who on earth would want to do that? Hrt does a good job adding to your hips. I think some procedures are necessary for some transwomen but I think they are taking it a little too far.

Not everyone is as blessed as you are sweetheart. Transwomen come in all shapes and sizes, and gender dysphoria gets triggered by a plethora of things without rhyme or reason.

Ricki

Offline Lisa89125

• Family
I wish someone could figure out how to cut the pelvic bone and force it apart, as it heals  widening the hips.

Probably would be one of those really painful ordeals though.  ;)

Lisa
"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Offline Pammie

I wish someone could figure out how to cut the pelvic bone and force it apart, as it heals  widening the hips.

Lisa
It’s probably because i’m late 50’s but this sounds totally mad! I worry some people seem to be desperate to change everything physically - feels very artificial to me and not a substitute for the real change which has to be in the mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricki

It’s probably because i’m late 50’s but this sounds totally mad! I worry some people seem to be desperate to change everything physically - feels very artificial to me and not a substitute for the real change which has to be in the mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a whole host of people express similar views about what I plan on letting a surgical team do to my groin, my face and my voice.
I think this little procedure, if it ever gets approved, is kinda cool really. Low risk, high visual reward.

Ricki

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time

Lisa
This would not work, because he male and the female pelvic skeleton is shaped quite a bit different than the male pelvic skeleton.  Pushing the male pelvic skeleton appart would not do any good.  The game of wide hips was over inside your mother womb.

Offline Lisa89125

• Family
Linde, Maybe so. However, I knew a T girl in school that started on E right at puberty. By the time we graduated HS she looked like any other female. Her hips had widened considerably and she had the female gait as a result. I was always jealous as heck! The one thing that will always bother me is not being able to transition in my early teen years. Those years seem to make the most difference in how the end result turns out.

Lisa
"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Ricki

Linde, Maybe so. However, I knew a T girl in school that started on E right at puberty. By the time we graduated HS she looked like any other female. Her hips had widened considerably and she had the female gait as a result. I was always jealous as heck! The one thing that will always bother me is not being able to transition in my early teen years. Those years seem to make the most difference in how the end result turns out.

Lisa

That is due to her starting E before the age of 25, when the pelvis fused. If not transitioning in your teen years is your one bother, consider yourself fortunate.

Ricki

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time

Lisa
I never had any larger amounts of T in my body, I never had any real puberty, I have a female karyotype, and I have a female type of gait.  I almost walk like a model, setting one foot in front of the other (I was asked the other day, if I used to be a supermodel, because I am so tall, and walk like a model), but I still did not develop and remarkable wide hips (and no visible pelvic tilt either).
I can't remember how my mother looked like (hip wise), but I think wide hips is a feature that is pretty heavily influenced by genetics.  The girl you are talking about, might have had rather wide hips if she would have grown up as a male?

Offline BelleInStarfleet

If there were photos of actual results and any data at all on outcomes, I'd be eager for this.  Fat grafts won't change your bone structure.

But there's just not anything there yet, and all indications in this thread are that there may not be for some time.

Would I be willing to be a guinea pig?  If the process covered the cost of it and the cost of any potential complications, sure.  Hips would be nice.

Offline LexaBlackbird

I might consider it, if it becomes an actual thing and results are shown to be good. The MIPO technique has been used with great success for over ten years, looks like, to repair fractures and do reconstructive surgery, but a quick search hasn't turned up any other references to using it for cosmetic enhancement kinda surgery.

In the meantime, if HRT and barbell squats don't do enough, there are always soft implants and/or fat grafting, if you feel it's important for you.

Tags: