Author Topic: Toe Shortening Surgery?  (Read 287 times)

Offline eblewitt

• Visitor
Toe Shortening Surgery?
« on: February 09, 2018, 06:23:20 pm »
Hi,
Has anyone gone through Toe Shortening Surgery? If so, how do you feel about the results? What are the pluses and minuses about the surgery? How far out of the norm does your toe have to be to be considered a good option for surgery.

Thanks,
Ellen

Offline fleurgirl

• Neighbor
  • Beach aficionado
Re: Toe Shortening Surgery?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 06:25:14 pm »
How is toe-shortening surgery related to transitioning? (Honest question, I'm curious. Hope that didn't come off as rude!)
FleurGirl - She grew from the flowerbed

Offline Julia1996

• Family
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 06:35:10 pm »
Really??? OMG, the medical industry is making a fortune off trans women. Toe shortening, hip bone implants, rib removal, vocal cord surgery. It's unreal! Please don't take offense but why on earth would you ever consider toe shortening surgery??? I'm sure it's got to be painful. How much time is anyone going to spend looking at your feet.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS scheduled for 2018.

Offline Colleen_definitely

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 06:37:55 pm »
Ack! No!

Seriously I have big feet really big feet. Nobody notices or cares.

Offline Ellement_of_Freedom

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 01:09:18 am »
I have an aunt who had the last segment of bone removed from her second toe (on each foot) because she didn't like that it was longer than her big toe. To this day she just paints the skin on the end and pretends its a toenail.

That's all I have to contribute.

Offline eblewitt

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 11:10:01 am »
How is toe-shortening surgery related to transitioning? (Honest question, I'm curious. Hope that didn't come off as rude!)
I imagine it's a procedure aimed to make one more feminine if your toes are extra large.

Offline eblewitt

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 11:13:32 am »
Really??? OMG, the medical industry is making a fortune off trans women. Toe shortening, hip bone implants, rib removal, vocal cord surgery. It's unreal! Please don't take offense but why on earth would you ever consider toe shortening surgery??? I'm sure it's got to be painful. How much time is anyone going to spend looking at your feet.
I don't know, but I think it's not much time off your feet. As I understand it, after the bone is cut out, titanium is put in to hold the toe together. Other than that I don't know much.

Offline Dani

• On the beach
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 07:42:13 pm »
There are surgeons who will shorten toes, just not many of them. A google search will bring up a few names.

For us tall ladies with shoe sizes above 12 or 13, finding shoes that fit are a real problem. Often we just wear sandals or even men's athletic shoes.

Offline fleurgirl

• Neighbor
  • Beach aficionado
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 09:17:27 pm »
I imagine it's a procedure aimed to make one more feminine if your toes are extra large.

Oh, interesting. Well, my best friend (natal female) has feet that are a few sizes bigger than mine. I mean, yes, I naturally have tiny feet but--feet come in all different shapes and sizes and I personally wouldn't invest in them. I doubt a trans woman has even been clocked by her toes, but to each their own!! xx
FleurGirl - She grew from the flowerbed

Tags: toe foot shortening