Author Topic: FFS procedures - mild FFS  (Read 415 times)

Offline Transfused

• Straight MtF. On Estradiol since Jan 16’. Non-op.
FFS procedures - mild FFS
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:37:15 pm »
I am planning on mild FFS with dr Bart Van De Ven @ the 2Pass clinic.
I plan on cheek implants, lip plumping with lipofilling, brow bossing removal, rhinoplasty and forehead bone contouring.

This is my face two days ago, pre-FFS :

https://i.imgur.com/gCU6QNB.jpg

I do wear a bit of make-up in the picture but not a lot.

Has anyone else chosen FFS as one of their first transition surgeries?

Offline flytrap

• Friend
Re: FFS procedures - mild FFS
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:28:30 pm »
Your really pretty. I would put whatever money you are planning to spend on FFS in my IRA!

Offline Ellement_of_Freedom

• Family
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 06:45:31 pm »
In my opinion FFS should always be the first surgery. It's a sad reality in this world that you get treated better if you look nice. So yeah, I'm having FFS in 6 months now that all my facial hair is gone.

I'm sure you will end up looking gorgeous, cause you're already so pretty!

kitchentablepotpourri

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 10:02:46 pm »
FFS was my first priority as well; it was so important that I put off going full-time for several  years until I could afford to have it.  I couldn’t afford to do everything at once, so I chose type 3 forehead reconstruction and rhinoplasty, and those two procedures helped to dramatically feminize my face: the type 3 forehead also included a scalp advancement; and my surgeon was able to remove the protruding bone where the nasal bridge and forehead meet, so that v-notch (radix) that can be seen from the profile on some people was removed (my pre op radix was very deep!)

Offline Dani

• On the beach
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 06:38:23 am »
Transfused,

From one picture of a frontal view of your face, it is difficult to see where any FFS procedure is needed. A full evaluation needs the profile and 3/4 view as well. Your surgeon can make recommendations, but really the decision of what to have done is up to you.

Keep in mind that every surgical procedure leaves scars. A good surgeon will have those scars well hidden, but they will be there. Also, not all procedures result in an improvement. Sometimes we get a bad result. Research your choice of surgeon carefully.

Lastly, how long have you been on HRT? HRT by itself will feminize your face significantly and just maybe, you won't need to do anything. Younger transitioners seem to not need FFS as much as us older girls.

Offline rainification

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 06:44:16 am »
I'm not familiar with surgeries for trans women as I'm a trans man but I just wanna say you're really pretty!
"Sometimes the goal isn't to not be terrified but to be terrified and keep going anyways." -Freezing Paint

Coming out to parents on 03-14-2018

Offline Transfused

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 07:34:04 am »
Transfused,

From one picture of a frontal view of your face, it is difficult to see where any FFS procedure is needed. A full evaluation needs the profile and 3/4 view as well. Your surgeon can make recommendations, but really the decision of what to have done is up to you.

Keep in mind that every surgical procedure leaves scars. A good surgeon will have those scars well hidden, but they will be there. Also, not all procedures result in an improvement. Sometimes we get a bad result. Research your choice of surgeon carefully.

Lastly, how long have you been on HRT? HRT by itself will feminize your face significantly and just maybe, you won't need to do anything. Younger transitioners seem to not need FFS as much as us older girls.

I am a younger trans girl. Early 20s. Been on HRT for 1  year a very low dose and for another year a low dose. My ranges have been in female intervals for 18+ months.
I have maxed out everything from the HRT.
I want FFS to be more conventionally attractive and to look 100% cis.

I am ok with scars, I know they will be there.
I hope to look a bit like Regina Spector after FFS.

I already have a relatively feminine face but I want it to be 100% feminine as much as possible.

FFS just requires a bunch of money, no gatekeeping. SRS requires gatekeeping but I’m not interested in SRS.

I need FFS for my self.
I know that it will make me significantly more attractive and will lessen my dysphoria a lot.

Offline flytrap

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 10:26:13 am »
I apologize if I came across as questioning you, Transfused. I was just sort of shocked when I saw how pretty you are! But I realize no one can ever see what we do when we look at ourselves in a mirror. I'm just happy there may be a way to fix that for you. Love Flytrap

Offline Transfused

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 10:30:11 am »
I'm not familiar with surgeries for trans women as I'm a trans man but I just wanna say you're really pretty!

Aww thanks :-)

You are such a charmer ;-)

Offline Transfused

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 10:31:27 am »
I apologize if I came across as questioning you, Transfused. I was just sort of shocked when I saw how pretty you are! But I realize no one can ever see what we do when we look at ourselves in a mirror. I'm just happy there may be a way to fix that for you. Love Flytrap

No problem, flytrap, you wanted me to feel better about myself, I understand that :-)
I just still face a lot of facial dysphoria which would be eased by FFS.
Hugs,
Transfused.

Tags: Mild FFS