Author Topic: What is Transgender  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Anna N

• Friend
Re: What is Transgender
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2019, 12:12:10 pm »
Transgender people who present mismatched identification are verbally harassed, physically assaulted, denied service or benefits, or asked to leave the premises. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's 2015 Hate Crime Statistics, 1.7 percent of all hate crimes reported by law enforcement agencies in the United States in 2015 were motivated by gender-identity bias.

"Statistics regarding the ongoing discrimination transgender individuals face highlight why involuntary disclosure of transgender status creates these risks. For instance, nearly twenty-five percent of surveyed college students, when perceived as a transgender person, were verbally, physically, or sexually assaulted in 2015. This figure tracks the percentage of workers reporting mistreatment in the workplace due to gender identity. More than seventy-five percent of transgender workers take steps to avoid such mistreatment at work by hiding or delaying their gender transition, or by quitting their job.

Across all environments, almost fifty percent of transgender people surveyed for the 2015 report responded that they had been verbally harassed due to their gender identity. Nearly one in ten reported being physically assaulted because of their gender identity."

I hightlighted what I wanted to quote, hit Quote, and instead it quoted part of another post. So I just pasted it in.

I don't like the hostility I am getting. All my associates were kind and gentle with me when I was miserable and depressed. Now that I am assertive and have energy, they think my transgender status gives them license to put me down, lecture me, laugh at me. This is all rather difficult to accept.
The first transphobe I must face every day is myself.

Offline jackie3816

• Neighbor
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 02:26:27 pm »
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have benn on your forum in various capacities as a person who has struggled with my identity throughout my life.

This place brought me hope and allowed me to feel like a person through the thoughts and feeling of others who are very similar to me. The mere fact that I am not alone helps me to live on.

I recently suffered an emotional crises and the people here helped pull me back from the brink and begin to love myself.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

In the end I see this as becoming a real person. We are people who deserve just as much love and care as anyone else. Im out of the closet and I can see touch smell feel and taste the world for the first time in a very long time. Perhaps for the first time ever.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Offline ravda

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2020, 08:04:05 am »
I don't think of myself as transgender although off and on for 10 years I've been on hrt. Every day for last year I take my pills. Actually I feel much better mentally but I do have some physical changes. When I use to quit I felt depressed and always returned

Offline Idontknowbutiwould

• Following my dream
  • Neighbor
  • A little kid living adulthood
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 10:31:15 pm »
The term transgender for each person has a meaning. For me it is the term that I use in a medical consultation, in proceedings if necessary, but not a word that I use to define myself. I feel and am a woman, and that is the only explanation I give unless I want to tell my past but lately I am very cautious in explanations
18 years old.

2008: Put a wig on primary school
2014: Coming out to my family
2016: Puberty blockers
2017: Real life experience
2018: Breast augmentation with paternal consent
2019: Identity document changed
2020: Getting my SRS and FFS? I hope

Offline Jenny_Oh

• Friend
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2020, 10:52:26 pm »
I don't think of myself as transgender although off and on for 10 years I've been on hrt. Every day for last year I take my pills. Actually I feel much better mentally but I do have some physical changes. When I use to quit I felt depressed and always returned
Amen sister! I tried everything, I swear there is not a single bipolar medication that I haven't been prescribed and they are all screw-ups. I finally tried HRT and everything has been better. Since I've been on HRT my life has been my own again, I found myself. I found me.

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2020, 12:14:45 am »
Amen sister! I tried everything, I swear there is not a single bipolar medication that I haven't been prescribed and they are all screw-ups. I finally tried HRT and everything has been better. Since I've been on HRT my life has been my own again, I found myself. I found me.
Estrogen is easily the best psych med I've ever taken. I still take plenty of other psych meds because mine help me, but E has helped set my midpoint higher and my cycles longer and farther between. It's magnificent.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline JanePlain

• This road has a few bumps I wasn't expecting.
  • Janes not here!
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2020, 12:48:23 am »

Most "drugs" that are addictive makes them a problem.  Estrogen might be the most addictive thing ever for the the right people.

"This world is but canvas to our imaginations.
Henry David Thoreau - (1817-1862)

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2020, 07:35:41 am »
Hormones are not addictive any more than water or oxygen. They are necessary for life to exist.

The mental benefits many of us experience from proper hormone therapy is the same as everybody else. Our body more closely matches our self image. This is the way life is meant to be.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: