Author Topic: Myranda's HRT Journey to Self Discovery & Happiness  (Read 8556 times)

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Myranda's HRT Journey to Self Discovery & Happiness
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2021, 06:57:05 pm »
@Myranda
Dear Myranda:
I am hoping, praying and trusting that your shoulder pain issues can be solved with properly focused Physical Therapy.
Joints, muscles and especially spinal/neck and back pain can be confusing to diagnose, the pain many times is not where you feel it but rather it is deferred nerve pain from somewhere else.

The MRI of your shoulder and possibly a followup MRI of your neck should clearly reveal to your doctors about how to best solve your pain issues in your shoulder.

I am so very sorry to read of your pain and discomfort.... 
Please keep me and the rest of your followers updated as you feel comfortable sharing.

HUGS, prayers, and good thoughts sent you way!!! 
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Myranda

« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2021, 07:55:24 pm »
@Myranda
Dear Myranda:
I am hoping, praying and trusting that your shoulder pain issues can be solved with properly focused Physical Therapy.
Joints, muscles and especially spinal/neck and back pain can be confusing to diagnose, the pain many times is not where you feel it but rather it is deferred nerve pain from somewhere else.

The MRI of your shoulder and possibly a followup MRI of your neck should clearly reveal to your doctors about how to best solve your pain issues in your shoulder.

I am so very sorry to read of your pain and discomfort.... 
Please keep me and the rest of your followers updated as you feel comfortable sharing.

HUGS, prayers, and good thoughts sent you way!!! 
Danielle

Thanks so much!  I really hoping that nothing is torn.  I feel minor pain and discomfort all up and down my arm from my neck to my wrist, but it comes and goes and it is usually someplace different each time.  THre is a pretty consistent general ache in the same "somewhere" region of my shoulder.  And more troubling is that my whole left arm from the shoulder down to my hand feels significantly weaker pretty much all the time and get worse at times too, to the point where I feel like I may drop something or not be able to grip the steering wheel when I am driving, tough that kind of "weakness" generally doesn't last "long" before it returns to the generalize and consistent weakness.

I'm more concern that the issue has resurfaced.  I fractured my ankle (Talus bone) about 15 years ago, and the x-ray immediately after didn't show a break, and after a prolonged period on crutches I was finally able to walk on it again.  And then about a year later it started to randomly give out on me when standing up or even walking.  several months of PT helped, strengthen it, but about 2 years after the initial injury I had an MRI done and even my untrained eyes could easily see the damage to my ankle that never healed properly.

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2021, 12:18:17 am »
Ouch!

I had rotator cuff surgery last year and wrist surgery this year. Have ulnar nerve damage too. So I can relate to your shoulder pain. Still undergoing PT for shoulders, neck, back, etc...

Have an orthopedic surgeon interpret your MRI. They are trained to look for specific issues especially soft tissue damage that the generalized radiologists miss. My torn rotator cuff, torn labrum, and detached bicep was missed by the radiologist.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2021, 04:20:43 am »
Did my echelles tendon on my right ankle over 40 years ago and it still gives me grief, have a job lifting  heel off ground . Then did a muscle in my neck /right shoulder a few years later and that's never been 100% since with neck/shoulder crunching and now my right wrist/hand is knackered . Main thing with muscles is keeping them warm .
 Have you tried fish oil as that helps my joints.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Myranda

« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2021, 06:53:00 am »
@Holly
Yeah, the Orthopedist is the one who ordered the MRI and he will definitely be looking at the results when they come in.

Funny thing is it seems to have gotten a bit worse and more persistent since her examined and manipulated my shoulder on Monday.

@Davina
No I haven't tried fish oil yet, but I feel that my normal supplements and vitamins cover quite a bit and do a great job promoting body maintenance and repair.

I'm just taking this one day at a time.  Thankfully, none of this is so bad that it is debilitating.  It is just bad enough to be uncomfortable and annoying to remind me constantly that something is not right.  Whether it is my shoulder or neck is TBD.

Offline Myranda

« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2021, 08:23:06 am »
Just a quick update after my MRI/Arthogram of my left shoulder on Tuesday.

It was a two part procedure.  First they injected some dye/fluid into my left shoulder guided by a live x-ray  and then I went into the MRI room.  Thankfully I'm not claustrophobic or anything like that, but it was a bit uncomfortable.  They had to position my arm, and them wedge it into position so that I couldn't/wouldn't move it so that my should would "open up."  Not so bad for a brief period, but 30-40 minutes is another story entirely.  Then they had to pull me ou of the MRI machine and then reposition my arm above my head kind of the same way and wedge it into position for another 20-30 minutes.

Over all, not too bad of an experience and the pain and discomfort was tolerable, but not pleasant either.

Go my results in my ePortal Wednesday morning and followed up with the Orthopedist yesterday afternoon.  And honestly, that was worse than the hour or so in the MRI machine.  Not only was I anxious to talk with the Orthopedist, but they were running over 90 minutes behind schedule. 

But the short of it is, I have a SLAP tear - Superior Labaral Anterior to Posterior tear of the Labrum and need surgery to fix it.    There is also a nearly 2cm cyst behind the notch in the shoulder where the nerves come in and go down the arm.  From what I gather this is a result of the tear, and they usually resolve themselves once the tear is corrected, but not always.  The problem is, that they can and do get bigger, and then it will really pres on the nerves and make things worse.  Sometimes, Physical therapy is enough, but the Orthopedist said this is a pretty good sized tear that PT won't really help.

But if that wasn't bad enough.  He is also still concerned about some other pain and discomfort I'm having that is not explained (at least in full) by my MRI/Arthogram results, so he is ordering an MRI of my Neck and will review those results and then send them over to a Neurosurgeon for review as well.

I've asked my attorney for a referral to another Attorney for a civil suit against my ex and her fiance, but I'm not 100% certain I will file it, but am leaning that way.  I'm trying to keep in mind how such a law suit will affect my daughter.

Offline Myranda

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2021, 02:51:23 pm »
Just a quick update, about a week and a half ago I had my routine labs done.

Total Testosterone was 26mg/dL
Estadiol was 235 pg/ML

my doctor and I have Finally dialed in my IM Estadiol Valerate dosage.  It was a year ago that I made the switch  from sublingual to injections.  And about 9 months ago they doubled the dose, but my blood work kept coming back extremely high.

I just took my measurements by and I'm 29.5inch under and 43 inches over.  This seems to track with what I'm seeing and feeling.  If I just have a single t-shirt on, things seems really obvious to me.  an undershirt under a t-shirt and things are less so to me.

@Danielle  Yeah, in reflecting back to your comment here at the end of August, I don't think I can really hide things at this point come beach season in a few short weeks here in New England.

More reflections later regarding life in general.

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2021, 11:29:30 pm »
@Myranda
Dear Myranda:
I am thrilled to read your update regarding your latest blood lab test report.   

When your doctor gets your medications and dosages fine tuned, pleasant and surprising body changes can happen.

For sure, there comes a time for your and many MTF transitioners that "things" can not longer be easily hidden.
Then, that is the time to fully accept yourself and the exciting journey that you have undertaken.

A whole new world awaits, bras and tops that fit correctly and new clothing styles to fully enjoy.

Thank you for sharing.... I am wishing you success and happiness.
Please keep your updates and comments coming....  I and the rest of your followers will be eagerly following your future postings.

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2021, 04:00:39 pm »
@Myranda
Dear Myranda...
All of us here on the Forums is wishing YOU
....a very :icon_flower: :icon_flower: Happy Birthday :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
I hope that your special day includes time with family and friends...
... with  Candles and CAKE.

***NOTE: On your April 8th birthday be certain to check your profile for a special birthday surprise! :)

HUGS and best wishes on your special day and birthday.
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Myranda

« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2021, 10:35:04 am »
@Myranda
Dear Myranda...
All of us here on the Forums is wishing YOU
....a very :icon_flower: :icon_flower: Happy Birthday :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
I hope that your special day includes time with family and friends...
... with  Candles and CAKE.

***NOTE: On your April 8th birthday be certain to check your profile for a special birthday surprise! :)

HUGS and best wishes on your special day and birthday.
Danielle

Thank you @Danielle

It was a nice day, made even better with an amazing dinner by my Baker girlfriend.

Fool Proof Prime Rib, steamed Haricot Verts, and loaded whipped potatoes, paired with a Menage a Trois  "Luscious" Pinot Noir.
And for  dessert, an Especially Dark Chocolate Cake, with raspberry jelly, fresh raspberries and Especially Dark Chocolate Frosting!

« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2021, 11:06:27 am »
@Myranda
Dear Myranda:
WOW-ZERS .....   your Birthday dinner and Dessert look terrific.

Your Baker Girlfriend cooked the Prime Rib perfectly, that is exactly how I like it too !!!
Of course the Chocolate Cake with Candles was perfect.

Thank you for sharing and posting.
HUGS,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Myranda

« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2021, 10:45:14 am »
@Myranda
Dear Myranda:
WOW-ZERS .....   your Birthday dinner and Dessert look terrific.

Your Baker Girlfriend cooked the Prime Rib perfectly, that is exactly how I like it too !!!
Of course the Chocolate Cake with Candles was perfect.

Thank you for sharing and posting.
HUGS,
Danielle

@Danielle, Wow-zers is right.  That Prime Rib with Horseradish cream sauce was PERFECT!  And that is my absolutely most favorite type of of cake.  Both the Prime Rib and the Cake are super easy, though Honestly the Prime Rib is even easier to cook than the cake was to make.

Tags: