Author Topic: Has anyone ever shaved their cat?  (Read 1713 times)

Offline V M

• The Female Clint Eastwood
  • Family
  • The Butterfly flutter by smile upon you
Re: Has anyone ever shaved their cat?
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 12:01:25 am »
This topic cracked me up, when I first read the title I thought for sure it was about something else some of my girlfriends would do LOL  ::)   
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M

Cindy

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 12:15:15 am »
This topic cracked me up, when I first read the title I thought for sure it was about something else some of my girlfriends would do LOL  ::)

You have a one track mind.

I use to wash my rats before shaving them. They jump into the little bath and swim around before getting shampooed and then shaved. Then we would measure the hair growing back to determine hair growth cycles.
Possums were another story. You know those suits that bomb disposal people wear - you need one of them.

Offline V M

• The Female Clint Eastwood
  • Family
  • The Butterfly flutter by smile upon you
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2018, 12:57:39 am »
I'm just glad no-one mentioned anything about a Brazilian wax job  >:-)

*Goes to sit in the corner*

You had a pet possum?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M

Offline TonyaW

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 08:40:19 am »
Had to have the vet do it to one of ours once when he got lots of matted fur all over.  He was shaved completely except for head and tail.  Looked really weird and the other cat wouldn't go near him at first. 

The vet said they had some clients that had their cats shaved every spring so they wouldn't get the matted fur.

I also saw an ad in Facebook for some sort of gadget  trimmer to get rid of the mats.
Hobbes not being with us any longer I let the ad go by so don't even remember that name of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Daisy Jane

• Friend
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2018, 09:42:33 am »
https://www.amazon.com/Chirpy-Pets-Shedding-Grooming-Deshedding/dp/B0178VW3PS
I haven't used it, but it has a 4.8 rating with nearly 3,500 reviews.

Typically I only hear of people shaving cats when severe matting takes place.

Offline KittyKatKiera

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2020, 11:29:28 pm »
My kitty was born shaved. :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2020, 12:17:23 am »
My mom has a long haired cat that she gets shaved as the summer heat sets in.she tried it the first time. Six stitches later, she took him to a professional. The cat apparently relaxed for the groomer and the cat was effortlessly shaved. The cat is much more active after he is shaved.

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2020, 07:31:29 am »
I have not.

Chrissy

Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2020, 09:18:19 am »
My kitty was born shaved. :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Among our six dogs, we have four cats here, two Persians and two Sphynx cats....so, two of them are hairless, while the other two are ludicrously furry. :)

When we first got one of the Persians (these were rescued), the fur was in such bad shape that we had to take the cat in to get shaved.

It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Tags: