Author Topic: What is your personal flavor of non-binary?  (Read 1067 times)

Offline JB_Girl

• Friend
  • Here is a picture of me sans makeup 06-14-18
Re: What is your personal flavor of non-binary?
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 03:49:03 pm »
I still feel a gray area about the difference of NB and gender fluid.  In one hand you have all personalities with no fixed point and in the other you have all personalities with no fixed point except with leeway for change.
Where my question is, if I subscribe to NB do I need to find my personal place until I find who I am, or go the fluid route and occupy wherever and how much I want.
I think the latter.

How about that.  I don't come here for a year and almost immediately run into you!  How cool is that??  Gender fluidity and a non-binary identity I think go hand in hand and are really pretty normal.  This is about living authentically and honestly, not about what ought to be, but what is.  I am a woman, a flamboyant, sexy, and unique human being.  I am also a linear thinking engineer.  I am also at home in flannel and using a chain saw.  What is my gender?  What day is it?  For me to deny fluidity is for me to deny a part of what makes me fun and interesting.

Happy Pride  :icon_pepsi:

Offline Theirsforever01

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 08:47:59 pm »
I consider myself as both a male and female. Some days more one than the other, other days it is the opposite. All days I have both inside me. I label myself as bigender and I use almost any pronouns no matter where I am that day.

Offline Lady Lisandra

• Friend
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 02:20:08 am »
I think the label that fits me most is demigirl. I know I’m mostly female, and I’m really happy with with my female name and pronouns, at least much more than with my male ones, but I feel there’s something else inside (I’m AMAB). Male probably? I don’t know.. After transitioning I started to accept the male side of me that I had hated before. I realized that what I really hated was the male that I was expected to be, and not the one I really was. I just never had the chance to be me and lived always up to the other’s wishes.

I still have some of my male clothes. Most of my old shirts and vests. I have lots of female clothes also, Although sometimes I wish I had more dresses.

Like the OP, I wish I looked like those bishonen anime characters, but not the masculine ones. I like the fabulously beautiful characters that you can’t tell whether they’re male or female. At least some days. A mixture of bishonen and Bifauxnen if that makes any sense? I like the look that makes people ask me if I’m a boy or a girl. I am a little bit too fat for those looks, but as soon as i have money I’d like to do start some physical activity, probably martial arts to get rid of that fat and tone my muscles a bit.

I have long hair and I’m trying to make it white. I either tie it in a bun to give it a short/ medium length look or leave it loose, sometimes in a wuxia novel style. I believe the short like style gives me a more feminine look.

- Lis -

Offline MoreThan2

• All reactionaries are paper tigers.
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 08:08:38 pm »
I'm genderqueer. I don't really think of myself as male or female but rather just "other". Not a mix or anything like that just "other".
My sibling is genderfluid, but my identity is pretty stagnant. I used to ID as just male, because I was scared to be called "fake" but I've grown past that with the help of friends. As far as presentation goes though...very fluid! I pretty much wear whatever I want, from dresses to slacks. I love gothic lolita fashion especially.

Offline Cailan Jerika

• Two genders for the price of one!
  • Friend
  • Transmasculine bi-gender wife of MtF
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 07:22:17 pm »
I am bi-gender, female and male. I have both types of bi-gender existance, usually I am one or the other, fluctuating from one to the other four or five time a year. I call myself "a very binary non-binary person" because my genders are both *very* binary, the middle ground is dysphoric.

Most of the time I'm either all girl or all guy, but sometimes, between "gender swings" I spend a few weeks experiencing both at once, which freaks me out and is dysphoric as hell. I lose my sense of who I am and mourn the "passing" of the gender I am swinging away from, but then as my other side gets stronger, I get all happy and embrace the next swing.

I usually present fully femme, but mostly because I'm still "getting to know" my guy side," figuring out my style as a guy, and accumulate clothes. I wear my hair in a pixie cut that is easily styled into either masculine or feminine appearance, and I'm on testosterone (a little over a year) to transition my body, including top and bottom surgeries, while I intend to maintain my femme presentation as my primary social identity.
Cailan in guy mode, Jenaveve (Jean) in girl mode, but usually and a girl happily sharing one body.

Offline DPS

• Bigender. He/him
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 12:37:13 pm »
When I have to label it I either call my gender: bigender or genderfluid. I feel most comfortable just calling myself male and female, though. I always feel like a mix. I use both pronouns (he/she). Never They/them. Gender neutral pronouns feel like they erase my gender and it makes me uncomfortable. Its not attached to clothes unless Im trying to pass, which I rarely do now. I do like it when others see me as a man, but I dont really fight for that recognition. Too much work, and it means having to pretend Im not female and act unnatural. I just wanna be myself.

Offline Cailan Jerika

• Two genders for the price of one!
  • Friend
  • Transmasculine bi-gender wife of MtF
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 04:10:10 pm »
When I have to label it I either call my gender: bigender or genderfluid. I feel most comfortable just calling myself male and female, though. I always feel like a mix. I use both pronouns (he/she). Never They/them. Gender neutral pronouns feel like they erase my gender and it makes me uncomfortable. Its not attached to clothes unless Im trying to pass, which I rarely do now. I do like it when others see me as a man, but I dont really fight for that recognition. Too much work, and it means having to pretend Im not female and act unnatural. I just wanna be myself.

Wow, my gender twin, except for the clothes thing! I'm with you on the "they" causing dysphoria, for the same reason - it erases both of my genders. I tell people to use he or she, whichever feels more natural to come out of their mouth at the moment. I doubt I'll ever pass as a guy, though it would feel amazingly good if it happened while I am on a guy swing.

If you're ever in the Seattle area, I'd love to meet you in person!
Cailan in guy mode, Jenaveve (Jean) in girl mode, but usually and a girl happily sharing one body.

Tags: