Author Topic: GRS with Dr. Bluebond-Langner and Dr. Zhao?  (Read 613 times)

Offline SaphRose

• Visitor
GRS with Dr. Bluebond-Langner and Dr. Zhao?
« on: April 09, 2018, 05:21:00 pm »
Hello!

I scheduled my consultation in October with Dr. Rachael Bluebond-Langner and Dr. Lee Zhao of NYU Langone Medical Center for my gender affirming vaginoplasty surgery.

I’ve heard many amazing things about her and her team, however it’s hard to gather pictures of her postoperative results online (as there isn’t any currently on her website or www.transbucket.com).  All the reviews I’ve read have been really positive however, and she currently has a waitlist into early next year for surgery.  Are you aware of a way to view her post op results? Has anyone worked with these doctors?  If so, what was your experience like with them?  Are you happy with the aesthetic and function of your post op results?  Would you recommend her as a surgeon?

Her office is located only 4.5 hours away from me, and is in network with my insurance.  If someone also used their insurance to fund the procedure, could you elaborate a little more about that process as well? And how NYU Langone dealt with authorization?

October is still a way’s a way, I’m just trying to compile as much information on her and Dr. Zhao as possible.  Any feedback regarding any surgery or experience with Dr. Bluebond-Langner and Dr. Zhao would be amazing!

Offline Mindy More

• Neighbor
  • prendre la vie par les cornes!
Re: GRS with Dr. Bluebond-Langner and Dr. Zhao?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 01:50:39 pm »
Hi, did you have your surgery with her? Looking into her for SRS now.
Thanks

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 02:12:54 pm »
Hi, did you have your surgery with her? Looking into her for SRS now.
Thanks

@Mindy More
Dear Mindy:
This is an old, over 2 year old thread, and the member  SaphRose  has not be active and logged in since then.
I doubt you will be getting a reply or answer from her anytime soon.

Good luck to you with your search as it relates to your own possible surgery.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 06:46:53 am »
I will be having my surgery with the Bluebond / Zhao team in January.

The first date available for getting a consultation has grown significantly over the last couple of years. The wait for a consultation is 18 months at this point and it’s usually about 9-18 months from consultation to surgery. So figure a total of 2-3 years from making an appointment for the consultation to the surgery date.

My time was 2 years from initial call to surgery, but I would expect most people starting the process now, it’s probably closer to 2 1/2 to 3 years.

Sarah
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: April August 2020 (assuming no more coronavirus-driven rescheduling... :-\)
SRS: January 2021

Offline Mindy More

• Neighbor
  • prendre la vie par les cornes!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 05:36:07 pm »
That's a long time isn't it! Mine was booked a few days ago and won't be till Oct 2021 for the consult. I PMed you btw.
I will be having my surgery with the Bluebond / Zhao team in January.

The first date available for getting a consultation has grown significantly over the last couple of years. The wait for a consultation is 18 months at this point and it’s usually about 9-18 months from consultation to surgery. So figure a total of 2-3 years from making an appointment for the consultation to the surgery date.

My time was 2 years from initial call to surgery, but I would expect most people starting the process now, it’s probably closer to 2 1/2 to 3 years.

Sarah

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 09:07:41 pm »
The Bluebond-Langner / Zhao team is probably the second most in-demand practice at this point only behind Bowers. Unfortunately, the most in-demand surgeons are booked out way in advance. It’s up to everyone to decide how willing they are to wait.

I responded to your DM.

Sarah
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: April August 2020 (assuming no more coronavirus-driven rescheduling... :-\)
SRS: January 2021

Tags: