Author Topic: What are the general documents needed now days?  (Read 151 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline LilDevilOfPrada

  • Sorry I have Dyslexia and ADHD so please try bare with my posts. I know they can be near impossible to read.
  • Family
  • *****
  • Posts: 809
  • Reputation: +5/-0
  • Gender: Female
  • EVIL with a coat of lip gloss
What are the general documents needed now days?
« on: April 20, 2018, 01:41:10 pm »
I see a lot on the forums that things have changed, personally I been out the loop as I tend to stay away from any trans communities when I cant make any changes because it drives my dysphoria but it seems things have change.

When I last looked at all the regulations it was 1 year as a women and 2 doctors letters(1 therapist and 1 endo). Have these changed around the board or only in certain countries?

If there are any resources I could just read then a simple link would also be fine.
Awww no my little kitten gif site is gone :( sad.

2 Febuary 2011/13 June 2011 hrt began

Online sarah1972

  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1,813
  • Reputation: +11/-0
  • Gender: Female
  • News Administrator
Re: What are the general documents needed now days?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 02:15:58 pm »
It depends what step you want to take.

Most doctors follow WPATH standards and they roughly require:

For HRT: one letter from a Therapist or equivalent (Counselor, Psychiatrist)

For most surgeries: (GRS or similar): 1 year RLE (Real Life Experience, aka living as your identified Gender) + Letter from Psychiatrist + Letter from Therapist or similar. Most surgeons also may want an all clear from your general doctor and maybe additional tests.

Name and Gender change in official documents really depends where you live. Some states only require a simple letter from your therapist while some have complicated processes and court requirements in place and some simply do not allow it at all.