Author Topic: Games you have sunk the most time into?  (Read 5111 times)

Offline Kalandrina

Re: Games you have sunk the most time into?
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2019, 03:45:53 am »
where do i start

Everquest :- Beta tested this when i was playing Ultima Online, loved it so much i would spend far too long playing. Well 1999 to i guess 2013 i played and loved every minute but then stopped. 2017 started again and still playing every day just not 8hr sessions anymore .

Beta tested EQ2 and played for a while,

Beta Tested WOW and played for a while.

Beta tested and played Lord of Rings online, Vanguard, Star Wars Galaxies, Rift, Aion, SWTOR and most of the big MMO's out over the last 20 years, but nothing quite can touch Everquest in terms of group and raid play.

WOW classic launches this summer so might dabble on that, and Pantheon should go into Alpha later this yr and will be testing that :)

Kally x
This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just want to live while I'm alive
It's my life

Ricki Wright

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2019, 07:15:26 am »
I used games to live the life of a female. I was getting the "fix" that the repressed me needed. Once I figure out why I was doing this, my gaming time has dropped by 95% or more.

Asheron's Call - Two accounts, 10 characters, 5 years. Estimated time in game - 7000 hours

Dark age of Camelot - 2 character for 3 years. One of them was a level 8 who was also a GrandMaster Weapon Smith. - 4000 hours.

Eve online - Two accounts at the same time for 5 years. I had over 12 billion worth of ingame currency and assets including a capitol scale ship. I had my two characters (girls. Duh...) "Buy a planet and live out the rest of eternity spending time together exploring"  - 7000+ hours

Skyrim - 192 mods 2700 hours.

Warframe - 1000 hours and a truck load of Prime Frames to prove it.

Knights of the old republic 2 - 400 hours (multiple playthroughs)

Dragon Age inquisition - 500 hours (multiple playthroughs)

Matrix Online - Alpha tested for a year, beta tested for almost 2, and played the game until Sony killed it. 15,000 bug reports. - 3000 hours

I will stop here for brevity sake. These are the ones I got the most therapy from.

Ricki

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2019, 05:23:26 am »
The Evil Within -- it's not the best horror game ever, but I really loved the strange, dreamlike setting (and its' subsequent dream logic) and the beautiful relationship between the lead character, a barely-functioning detective, and his barely-functioning-but-better-at-hiding-it partner. (And lo, the subtext very nearly became text.) The latter of which just disappeared in the sequel, a big disappointment (though the sequel is otherwise really beautifully made). Maybe he'll be back for the third game. Fingers crossed. The creators have already said he's still around and all right, so here's hoping.

I really liked it as well, haven't got around to the second yet but I know there will be much time poured into it soon.
~I just wanna have fun, that's all I really want~

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2019, 05:29:41 am »
I’m not a gamer anymore, but back in the day, the various iterations of Civilization were a huge time suck. The “Just one more turn” effect definitely applied to me.

These days, my only “gaming” is the NY Times crossword on my phone (although I don’t have the patience/skill for the Friday and Saturday puzzles yet - they’re too hard for me).

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2021, 12:26:35 am »
I dropped a lot of quarters and dimes into arcade games back in the day. Sim City, Pharaoh, Ceasar, and Galactic Civilization all collected 100s of hours. Started playing Minecraft on 2012 when witches were new and played it exclusively until July 4, 2020. So easily 9000 hours. July 4, 2020 started playing Ark. Steam shows me just short of 1000 hours already.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2021, 01:04:16 am »
I've played quite a few hours of The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake. (many many more hours than their sequels).

But if we're talking raw aggregate hours.... Solitaire while killing time either on PC or phone.

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2021, 04:07:32 am »
Oh gosh... I have 'wasted' so much time on gaming...
The list from my steam account, of most played.. Is.. Riders of Icarus, Battletech, SOL exodus, Path of Exile, No man's sky and Elite:Dangerous... all with over 500 hours (and Riders over 1000)...
But topping all of them in hours.. is Adventure Capitalist with 3,715 hours on record.... or about 155 days straignt... gulp!
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline Zumbagirl

• Family
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2021, 07:29:49 am »
On my phone I play: Trainstation 2 and Pokemon Go, although my interest in Pokemon Go has been waning. Yeah they are adding all new stuff but it just isn't the same anymore.

On my Mac it would have to be Minecraft hands down. That game is a giant time sink. If I open it I can kill 4 hours easily.

On my playstation it would be The Crew. I love the free driving aspect of the game and generally just grab some car and drive all around the US in it. I also play the Crew 2 but not as much.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2021, 01:38:14 pm »
Chess
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Evienne

• Do you mind? This is my personal text >.>
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2021, 05:23:22 pm »
Chess
Ooooooo. A unique answer. I like it, and I really miss playing chess now :(
Used to play it against my father all the time when I was younger but he'd always beat me. Until one day I final check mated him :D
And then we've played so little since then :'(
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus abide to the binding of this message to have been abided.

Offline Carla68

• Friend
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2021, 08:51:52 am »
Hi Ya

not put a pic up before but this one needs proof i think should show 7537 hours of Team Fortress 2 (this is my main game now after I slowed down my gaming many years ago(I work in IT 8 hours a day at least))

I haven't noticed that much difference in my gaming since starting my hormones but have tried a few hours on Borderlands and Dead Island (I must complete all missions and side missions so don't play these usually) and Torchlight during lock down (all female characters of course)

Some past time killers

Vic-20
Tomb of Drewen

CBM-64
Quo Vadis (prize for first person to finish)
David's Midnight Magic (have a score book with 5 years of increased scores)

BBC B Micro
Elite
Defender (broke space bar reversing)

Amiga
Eye of the Beholder

Atari Jaguar
Tempest

Early PC
Warcraft
Command and conquer
halflife
quake
unreal tournament

I also buy a lot of pink and purple paint for Team Fortress 2 for those that know what i mean

Carla

Carla

FFS 22-6-21
GRS 22-6-21

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • Classic 'Lauren Bacall'
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2021, 06:20:53 am »
Ooooooo. A unique answer. I like it, and I really miss playing chess now :(

LOL Father always used to beat me in 'bout six moves . . GAME OVER!

Battle Chess was fun, the best!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

( Current read: 'My Story" by Caroline 'Tula' Cossy )

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2021, 09:51:49 pm »
Guild Wars 2.

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2022, 09:56:36 pm »
Guild Wars 2.

OH gosh, yeah.. forgot about that.. there is a few thousand hours in that too...   ::)
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline VickyMI

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2022, 06:43:01 am »
Open General (heavily modified Panzer General 2).  It’s a WW2 Turn based strategy war game.

Far second place is Civ 4. 

Tags: