General Discussions > Gaming

Games you have sunk the most time into?

<< < (2/11) > >>

TicTac:

--- Quote from: Sam314 on April 22, 2018, 12:30:19 am ---Also a WoW addict.  :laugh:
I put 3 years into that game before I finally ended my subscription due to college taking most of my time. But I miss it a lot, I really do. But I'm not working now so I don't want to pay money for it. Near the end of my playing I kinda just faded off to the point where it was like why am I even paying for this anymore? But for like the first year I played pretty much 8 hrs a day every day XD

But outside of that the most time I had in games are probably the Dark Souls series.
I have 300 or more hours IN EACH of the 3 games XD
I just really like those games (as I've told you before). There is just something about them with me that I connect to.

--- End quote ---

Wow, your WoW situation is almost like a mirror of mine. I would play it again if it was not for the subscription. There is also the fact that I do not own Legion, and I would rather not pay for that and Battle for Azeroth. Those allied races look pretty cool though!

That is a pretty crazy amount of time put into Dark Souls. I would get it if I had money, but it looks like I will have to wait till the holidays lol.

Evienne:

--- Quote from: TicTac on April 22, 2018, 01:58:25 am ---Wow, your WoW situation is almost like a mirror of mine. I would play it again if it was not for the subscription. There is also the fact that I do not own Legion, and I would rather not pay for that and Battle for Azeroth. Those allied races look pretty cool though!

That is a pretty crazy amount of time put into Dark Souls. I would get it if I had money, but it looks like I will have to wait till the holidays lol.

--- End quote ---

Yup, 'tis the issue of money that keeps me at bay myself. It's not that I don't have money, it's that I don't have income atm so I'm being very careful about my spending and would rather not use it on entertainment.

Just to add onto Polly's comment though I recently got into Warframe too. At first it wasn't really clicking with me but then I started to enjoy it. It's kinda cool, but I'm trying to make sure I don't fall into the WoW scenario again. My roomate I think has 700 hrs in it and one of my high school friends I think said like 1100 or something. Some insanely crazy number XD

TicTac:

--- Quote from: Sam314 on April 22, 2018, 01:23:27 pm ---Yup, 'tis the issue of money that keeps me at bay myself. It's not that I don't have money, it's that I don't have income atm so I'm being very careful about my spending and would rather not use it on entertainment.

Just to add onto Polly's comment though I recently got into Warframe too. At first it wasn't really clicking with me but then I started to enjoy it. It's kinda cool, but I'm trying to make sure I don't fall into the WoW scenario again. My roomate I think has 700 hrs in it and one of my high school friends I think said like 1100 or something. Some insanely crazy number XD

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I do not feel comfortable spending money on games either but it is very tempting though. I have not bought a single game in 2017 except for 1 (A Hat In Time) and nothing in 2018 so far. At least I will have a list of things I want for Christmas this year lol. Although I always feel weird asking for presents.

Yeah, the WoW scenario is nightmare scenario lol. When I get into a game I can get lost in it for hours which is bad. Warframe is free and possibly addicting so I am not sure if I should be afraid of it or happy to try it. I guess I won't know unless I play it. Yeah those are some pretty crazy numbers lol

DustKitten:
I've easily poured a few hundred hours each into at least one game from each Pokémon generation. The Fire Emblem series tends to suck me in the same way.

I've played maybe 500+ hours of Skyrim; at some point I got bored with the game and modded it to be as bizarre as possible, and then went into the game's files to replace everything in the soundtrack with my own music (for instance, replacing the title theme with "Never Gonna Give You Up" and all the battle music with anime fight themes. I know I had some Cybergoth stuff in there, too, because I remember Eisenfunk playing every time I went into a castle).

I spent several hundred hours on Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl before my parents kicked me out. Steam says I've spent 116 hours on Subnautica, but I think at least half of that was my ex. No telling how long I've spent playing the Fallout series for the same reason.

I've mostly tried to quit playing games so I can focus my time and money on other things, so I tend to plan what I'm getting way in advance these days. Next game I'm buying is Kingdom Hearts 3, and I don't think it comes out till February.

Eryn T:
In Final Fantasy 11, you could type the command /playtime. (playtime only tracks time spent while online, not subscription time)

Last time I used it, before I quit it was something like:

2 years
61 days
Blah minutes
Blah seconds

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version