General Discussions > Fitness

Hip changes and running

(1/3) > >>

Jessica:
I gals 🙋‍♀️ I have been on hrt for 9+ months.  One of my hobbies and form of exercise is running.  Part of my training includes the elliptical machine.  In the last month I have noticed that I’ve been not in pace and not entirely comfortable with my normal stride.
This morning I suddenly shifted movements, involuntarily, to a more side movement in my hips.  Making a swiveling motion.  My upper body stays in place, but everything else is moving instead of just the straight ahead motion with my legs.  Everything started to go in sync with my stride and it was comfortable again.

I have heard ligaments and such relax in a way that allows hips to move out while on hrt at a certain point.  Have any other girls here experienced this?

Hugs and strides 🏃‍♀️ Jessica

Megan.:
I couldn't say how, but my stride has certainly changed too. It used to involve more 'body' and shoulders, but now as you say, movement is more waist down.
I guess that a shifting centre of gravity and change in muscle strength/bulk are factors.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Dee Marshall:
I can't say what changed for me,but I did notice a change.

I also discovered that fighting it is a non starter.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

Doreen:
I would honestly love to see ct/xrays of folks hips that have been on HRT a long time.  Did the bone structure change?  I know fat distribution certainly can.  My hips have mostly feminine shape but the iliac crest looks annoyingly androgynous / masculine.   Maybe if I hit the crest repeatedly with a blunt object... lol.  Probably bad idea, but that's my ancient approach to a problem.  Hammer away until it becomes what it must be :)  This tenacity has gotten me this far.. and far indeed it is!  Its odd.. like the left hip looks feminine, and the right more masculine.. perhaps its simply the angle the CT scan was taken too, slightly off.   

Just call it mule headed stubbornness, but sometimes that's necessary too.

My hips appear female to me.  Then again I 'cheat'  >:-) :angel:  Maybe yours can too?

Jessica:

--- Quote from: Megan. on May 01, 2018, 12:56:49 pm ---I couldn't say how, but my stride has certainly changed too. It used to involve more 'body' and shoulders, but now as you say, movement is more waist down.
I guess that a shifting centre of gravity and change in muscle strength/bulk are factors.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly @Megan  I know there have been some changes that account for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version