Author Topic: FFS revision  (Read 1029 times)

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
FFS revision
« on: May 16, 2018, 11:02:42 am »
Hi,

I had FFS and breast augmentation surgery last September. In particular, I had hairline lowering, a lip lift, rhinoplasty, and jaw contouring. I'm disappointed with the outcomes of the later procedures. My surgeon didn't feminize my nose, which I thought he would. I desire to have the sides of my nose made thinner and the end turned slightly upward. In credit to my surgeon, he fixed my slightly broken nose and removed the bump on my nasal bridge.

Of greater concern to me is that my jawline looks just as angular as before my FFS. Even my surgeon, who was very conservative with the jaw reduction, told me in hindsight that he could have probably removed more bone from my jaw.

With all this in mind, I want to have a FFS revision, especially regarding further jaw reduction work, if possible, and to feminize my nose. Moreover, I would like to have cheek augmentation, a brow lift, and other FFS procedures that surgeon might recommend for me. I also welcome your suggestions. 

Here's a photo of me before FFS:

And here's a photo of me after FFS:

Prior to and after my FFS, I could go in stealth mode living as a woman.
Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Offline nina ange

• Visitor
Re: FFS revision
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 07:09:09 pm »
hello Mistyjensen

i agree with you i think your surgeon wasn't very agressive as i don't see much difference between the before and after picture. in both pictures though you look very feminine and you pass as a woman. you have a very nice smile .
the only think i would redo is the nose , the tip is too large and goes down as he only removed the bump .
for me it doesnt look like you need a brow lift , your brows are high already .
do you mind telling us the name of the surgeon, i heard a lot of surgeons in France and Europe are not agressive enough and girls need revisions because of that

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 07:40:25 pm »
Hi Nina,  Thanks for your helpful feedback. I sent you a PM with an answer to your question.

Is it me lol or does my jawline look asymmetrical?

Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Offline Doreen

• Family
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:21:46 pm »
Hi Nina,  Thanks for your helpful feedback. I sent you a PM with an answer to your question.

Is it me lol or does my jawline look asymmetrical?

I went to Dr. Cardenas.  What he did was take a series of profile shots before and after.  Straight on, looking up, looking down, looking at both sides, looking at 45 degree angles, exact same background & lighting.

Then & only then will you really get a 'feel' for true before/after.  My 'before' is just UGGGGGHly. in my opinion.  Can't believe I actually 'passed' before.  After is better, still not as ideal as I'd like.. eh.  I'm a perfectionist probably.

Anyways on that note, I think the jaw look asymmetrical because the picture itself isn't straight on, and angled slightly.  Really you should get some professionally done photos to get a great comparison.

I am um... willing.. to share. Maybe.  Just message me. (maybe) lol.

Offline reborn

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 12:14:44 pm »
Hi,

You look feminine and passable 100%. I find it very difficult to give you any comments based on the picture provided. I would be more than happy to give you a honest evaluation of your pictures, if you send me front, 45 degrees and profile picture, from both sides in order to check for symmetry. From what I can see you only need to get the tip of your nose redone.

Offline violetdancer94

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 11:02:00 pm »
I agree with the other comments. Your nose would probably benefit with more work, but your jaw looks feminine. I think the results are actually great. It's not a dramatic difference, but most ffs are not. Your jaw wasn't bad before even, and the after has a beautiful contour.

Also, the after picture is hard to judge since it is not good lighting and grainy. Not only do you look more feminine, but also much more attractive =)

Offline Lemon3

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 02:58:25 pm »
I would look for someone who just specializes in noses because if you have a large wide nose the easiest part is reshaping the nasal hump which anyone can do but the tricky part is making everything narrow and even like alar base reduction many surgeons are not aggressive with it.

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 03:00:26 pm »
Hi,

You raise an interesting point, which I hadn’t thought about prior to reading your post.
Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Offline Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 04:56:48 pm »
If your only going to have the nose worked on, look for a reconstructive plastic surgeon. They work everyday at repairing damage to the body so they have a high level of skill. That's the type of doctor who working on my nose and I think he did a really good job. Ask the doctor you normally see for a recommendation and you will probably get the name of one of the best doctors in the hospital.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use dena@susans.org only if you are unable to PM
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 07:15:03 am »
Ah, the magic of the femizing and beautifying effect of makeup:)

To give you a better idea of almost how I look on a daily basis, this is a photo of me without makeup taken about a month or two after my FFS. My jawline hasn’t changed since I took this selfie. I suspect my angular jawline still gives my face a square or rectangular shape, which conveys a lingering masculine look. I want my facial shape to be more round or oval. That’s why I’m interested in cheek augmentation to cut down on the verticality of my face. Maybe a surgeon can’t do anything to correct the basic shape of my face... Idk. Also, the shape of my nose also hasn’t changed much, if any, since I took this photo.

I see myself looking male in this photo, albeit at best androgynous. Maybe I’m one of my harshest critics. That said, other people and I see vast room for improvement regarding the outcome of my surgery and the features it left unresolved.

Note: the incision on my forehead isn’t from a hairline lowering gone astray lol. The incision is from the removal of a questionable spot that my surgeon wisely removed during my FFS. Since I took this selfie, the incision line has healed nicely with no scaring in deference to my surgeon’s skill.

Most important to me, I pass as a woman.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:31:53 am by mistyjensen »
Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 12:58:52 pm »
Hi,

Here are photos of me without makeup taken yesterday in preparation for a FFS revision consultation:

I will soon start Kybella treatments for my neck and facial electrolysis.
Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 09:52:55 am »
Hi,

Looking again at the photos of me taken in preparation for FFS revision consultation, I think I need a trachea shave. In preparation for my first FFS, I refused a trachea shave, but I didn't think I need it.

This morning, I also received from the surgeon’s office the ctcb scans of my head. Looking at these scans, I see a feminine looking skull. Perhaps I would have the flared ends of my lower jaw burred down more as the flaring I suspect might be the main contributing factor to my square facial shape, which I despise.

With that in mind, I wonder if should focus instead of bone work on soft tissue areas to further feminize my appearance.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:04:09 pm by mistyjensen »
Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Online ainsley

• Flint, MI Survivor
  • Family
  • M GO Blue!!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 10:35:44 am »
...I think I need a trachea shave. During my first FFS, I refused a trachea shave, but I didn't think I need it.

I think you do.  :)
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 10:51:45 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I don’t have a prominent Adam’s Apple, but I’m now open to the idea of making it invisible.

Regarding my voice box, my voice is naturally very feminine.
Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Offline Mendi

• Friend
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 11:06:00 am »
I don´t think the adams apple is visible that much and as you said, you pass everyday, but then again, get rid of it, if it can be done at the same time, who needs it  ;D

But the bigger questions at least for me is, that how long have you been on HRT? I mean, it makes a huge difference, also to the adams apple, if and when fat accumulates to your neck, it will bury even that small pump. And also to rest of your face the difference is a big one.

And I´m sorry if I didn´t notice you mentioning the time on HRT.
“Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got” - Janis Joplin -

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 11:09:03 am »
I don´t think the adams apple is visible that much and as you said, you pass everyday, but then again, get rid of it, if it can be done at the same time, who needs it  ;D

But the bigger questions at least for me is, that how long have you been on HRT? I mean, it makes a huge difference, also to the adams apple, if and when fat accumulates to your neck, it will bury even that small pump. And also to rest of your face the difference is a big one.

And I´m sorry if I didn´t notice you mentioning the time on HRT.

Hi,

You make good points.

I’ve been on HRT since November 17, 2014. Since I’ve been on HRT, I haven’t noticed any conspicuous changes as to feminizing effects on my face. My friend did comment that my hair is slightly blonder. Shaving for me is still a pita.

I had vaginoplasty on October 24, 2016. I’m 35.

Double chins run on one side of my family. I’m going to start Kybella soon to remove the small protruding fat pads on my neck. Dr. Di Maggio recommended a face lift and neck lift for me. Other surgeons said no way. I’m only 35, 5’9,  and 109 lbs. Your point about the fat accumulation on the neck/under the chin has got me thinking. After the Kybella injections, I wonder if my Adam’s apple would become more visible...
Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Offline Mendi

• Friend
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 11:41:55 am »
Yeah about the adams apple because even when I´ve been so tiny amount of time on HRT when compared to you, I´ve noticed, that my adams apple is now buried beneath fat and double chin. I´ve been thinking that I´m not going to operate that, because it is not visible.

But then again, I don´t know what happens in ten to twenty years, if I loose weight/fat for example result of some disease, then it would be visible.

To be or not to be  :)
“Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got” - Janis Joplin -

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 11:45:11 am »
Interesting thoughts.

Pre-transition, I was 150 lbs at my highest weight. Since starting HRT, I know some women gain weight being on HRT, I have lost a lot of weight. I'm now down to 109 lbs., as previously mentioned.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:49:05 pm by mistyjensen »
Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Offline Allison S

• Family
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 04:21:05 pm »
Wow for your height you're very thin. I'm sorry it's not my place but I think you're right about fat deposits possibly being helpful for you... if gaining weight naturally isn't possible or isn't an option for you, then yes fat grafts could help. But I'm sure you're talking with a qualified surgeon and they can give you much better feedback.
I just think you need to consider all your options, and gaining weight could be one.
Again only do what you're comfortable with. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline mistyjensen

• Friend
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 04:24:27 pm »
Wow for your height you're very thin. I'm sorry it's not my place but I think you're right about fat deposits possibly being helpful for you... if gaining weight naturally isn't possible or isn't an option for you, then yes fat grafts could help. But I'm sure you're talking with a qualified surgeon and they can give you much better feedback.
I just think you need to consider all your options, and gaining weight could be one.
Again only do what you're comfortable with. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hi,

It's okay.

I'm going to meet with the surgeon, who performed my FFS, to see if he can use the protruding fat on my neck to effectively augment my cheeks. That way I can address two issues.
Sincerely,

Caitlyn

Tags: