News and Events > Comments and suggestions

Disappearing unread

<< < (2/2)

Laurie:

--- Quote from: sarah1972 on May 18, 2018, 06:37:30 pm ---Dena: if I understand correctly, the OP is asking about PM’s.

I do understand what you said applying to posts in threads.

For Messages I could understand removing the status but I have never seen messages disappear...

--- End quote ---

Nope Sarah I disagree. She is talking about the unread since last visit and she does mention topics in her post. So she is talking about threads with new posts and new topics. I am sure she meant posts instead of messages.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Devlyn:
I stand by my diagnosis.  :laugh:

Dena:
If it's PMs, I have 78  pages of PMs and they date back to July 5,2015. If they are unread, the moment you look at your messages they become read. I also have retain sent messages check in my profile so as a moderator I have a record of all my correspondence should my actions ever be questioned. You can delete your PMs but you shouldn't lose them.

AnneK:

--- Quote from: sarah1972 on May 18, 2018, 06:37:30 pm ---Dena: if I understand correctly, the OP is asking about PM’s.

I do understand what you said applying to posts in threads.

For Messages I could understand removing the status but I have never seen messages disappear...

--- End quote ---

I am referring to the threads, not PMs.  There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.  Both the interval between it happening and the number of unread I lose or have left varies.

Dena:
The pattern is when the threads are cleared, they are all cleared. How many you will have is determined by the traffic and the length of time from the last clear. To find when the clear occurred, look at the oldest post on the list. The clear probably occurred shortly before the oldest post on the list was made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version