Author Topic: Susans Writers and Book Readers  (Read 4637 times)

Offline islandgirl

• Family
Re: Susans Writers and Book Readers
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2019, 06:25:04 pm »
I just finished a 'Justifiable risk', a novel by VK Powell. I found that I could not put it down! A quick read and really hot at times! Next up is the second book in the Micky Knight series by J.M. Redmann, ' Deaths of Jocasta'.

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2019, 08:43:22 pm »
I just finished a 'Justifiable risk', a novel by VK Powell. I found that I could not put it down! A quick read and really hot at times! Next up is the second book in the Micky Knight series by J.M. Redmann, ' Deaths of Jocasta'.
@islandgirl
Dear Kelly:
I have been waiting for a report of the "Justifiable Risk" book that you read.   Also do you have an interem report of the next book  "Deaths of Jocasta" ???

The winter weather you have been experiencing is certainly conducive to sitting in your comfy chair with a blanket and reading your favorite books.

Hugs,
Danielle

Offline islandgirl

• Family
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2019, 10:13:19 am »
Oops! I have completed both books! Both very, for me, excellent! I couldn't put them down and unfortunately, now have to search for the next in the series! I would recommend them to anyone who likes  mysteries with a lesbian main character. They are also 'HOT'! I like the writing style of both authors. Easy reads yet the characters are relatable.

Offline krobinson103

• Life is a journey, enjoy it!
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2019, 07:48:33 pm »
As requested a little mantra I wrote early transition to keep me focused on the moment. I've found it valuable.

Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.

Offline islandgirl

• Family
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2019, 09:42:21 pm »
I have started 'I'll Be Leaving You Always' by Sandra Scoppettone. A while back, I  read another one of hers  and really liked it. Again this group of novels has a lesbian P.I. So far this book lives up to expectations. I will let y'all know how it goes.

Happy reading! Keep sharing you favourites!

Kelly

Offline Donica

• I am smiling! Really!
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2019, 08:33:47 am »
I just purchased a paperback called "Shadow Life, Aerospace, Love and Secrets" by Jenna Ware. A friend told me about it and loaned me her book but there are a few other people in line that want to read it too. So I will start with my friends copy and finish with my copy when it arrives.

It's based on a true story about a trans women and her husband living in Ventura County, California, (Right in my own back yard) along the same lines as "The Danish Girl" and the book that @Steph2.0 told us about "A Light In The Dark" by Stephenie Robinson, which was also a very good read BTW. The movie "The Danish Girl" still brings me to tears every time I think about it.

I'm going to need a few more boxes of tissues.
Rebirth June 9, 2017. Started HRT August 22, 2017. Came out June 16, 2017, Full time July 9, 2018.
Started FHR August 9, 2018, Started VFT September 19, 2018, Name and Gender change October 19. 2018.

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2019, 04:52:42 pm »
Since I am in the field of Accounting and Financial Planning with my business I would like to share my little "writing" detailing some of my thoughts in this current busy tax season....
Here is a little summary of my thoughts about Economics and Money mangement...

Read and enjoy,
Danielle

For all of us no matter what country we live in, wouldn't it be fantastic to have our
fiscal policy managed by those in charge that have actually held real jobs, managed businesses, hired employees, earned profits and had been compelled to earn a living for themselves?

We owe a great deal to our forefathers and founders, and that's another debt we will probably never be able to repay.

The "modern" way of doing things is:
               to drive a car that is still unpaid for,
               on an expressway that is bond-financed,
               using gasoline that is bought with a credit card.

A very good friend of mine gave me a little wall hanging that states....

OLD ACCOUNTANTS NEVER DIE --
           THEY JUST LOSE THEIR BALANCE.

Tags: