Author Topic: Pope condemns conformation surgery  (Read 3809 times)

Offline LizK

Re: Pope condemns conformation surgery
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 08:01:22 pm »
I am not concerned about what is under his dress and he should not be concerned with what is under mine.

Offline NatalieRene

• Family
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 08:26:27 pm »
Jesus said if your eye offends you pluck it out. How is this any different? If our gender dysphoria is so great that we must transition rather then self destruct God flat out said it is ok.

The pope IMo is no more then a mouth piece. People that listen to him sadly are puppets and will eventually be the ones believing the pope when the pope endorses the antichrist.

I’m Christian but I’m not catholic and they are borderline idle worshipers. I’d say Catholics today are not what they where way back when but this is the same group that was selling absolution and why the church fragmented in the first place.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019, 11:20:51 pm »
Jesus said if your eye offends you pluck it out. How is this any different? If our gender dysphoria is so great that we must transition rather then self destruct God flat out said it is ok.

The pope IMo is no more then a mouth piece. People that listen to him sadly are puppets and will eventually be the ones believing the pope when the pope endorses the antichrist.

I’m Christian but I’m not catholic and they are borderline idle worshipers. I’d say Catholics today are not what they where way back when but this is the same group that was selling absolution and why the church fragmented in the first place.
It would be really nice, if you would tone down your Catholic bashing a little!  I grew up Catholic (i tend to be Methodist leaning now), but I still don't like to have the religion bashed with which my family lived for centuries (by the way, it now seems as if the Baptist church has as many problems with child abuse).

Would it be asked to much, to tune down the bashing of any religious group, because somebody's feelings will get hurt by it, please?

Offline NatalieRene

• Family
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2019, 02:16:32 pm »
It would be really nice, if you would tone down your Catholic bashing a little!  I grew up Catholic (i tend to be Methodist leaning now), but I still don't like to have the religion bashed with which my family lived for centuries (by the way, it now seems as if the Baptist church has as many problems with child abuse).

Would it be asked to much, to tune down the bashing of any religious group, because somebody's feelings will get hurt by it, please?

I realize this is a tense situation so I say the following with absolute respect to both you and God.

I’m sorry and I don’t mean to attack anything related to God himself. I’m Lutheran. I will however call out heresy from person(s) when I encounter it and the Pope is a heretic if he concludes things in stark contrast to the bible and more specifically quotes from Jesus conflict with the Pope. How can this be reconciled?

The truth is this blasphemer is speaking against a segment of gods creation that seeks medical care and ignoring the word of Jesus in the process. This will negatively impact us in the here and now which is outrageous because Jesus flat out told people to pluck their eye out if it offends them if it enables them to better serve god. I am better able to serve God alive then dead so transition would be acceptable to Jesus.

Which brings up the point that the quotes about laying down with men is mistranslated and changed the entire meaning. By perpetuating this the Pope will eventually answer to God.

I’m [not] sure if you meant to but I haven’t mocked the church regarding molestation. I have made no such comments however I do believe anyone that molests a minor or rapes anyone should face legal prosecution.

Offline MichelleL

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2019, 05:28:49 pm »
I am Catholic.  Still practising.  There is much that is beautiful in Catholicism (esp. Gregorian chant... but I digress).  However on this subject, I think the Pope is risking another Galileo moment.  It is a medical/scientific issue, not a moral one. 

Fortunately Catholicism does teach and respect freedom of conscience.  If our well-formed consciences tell us that the Church is wrong on a given topic, it is a sin to *not* follow our conscience.

The thing though, is that I don't limit myself to Church sources to form my conscience.  As a scientist (retired), I also draw from scientific sources.  And currently, the science points to <transgender> having a scientific basis and that it is *not* a moral choice by the <transgender> person.  Nor is gender confirmation surgery a moral issue, it is a medical imperative intended to save lives or prevent worse pathology such as suicide, severe depression, anxiety, etc.

Offline VivianB

• Neighbor
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2019, 06:02:08 pm »
I am tired of people saying that God chose our genders. I don't believe that for a second, if there was a God I think he'd just make it to where things are more random and just judge us on how we deal with them. I don't think there is a part in any Scripture that says anything about those who are transgender.

Plus what about those who are intersex or have both male and female parts, Religion pretends those people don't exist. According to many religious views they shouldn't change a thing since that is how "God" made them.

Of coarse this is the same Pope that once said that Oysters are an abomination since they can change sex, he called one of God's creations an abomination.

I have an older brother who is very religious (of coarse he only pretends to be religious) thinks that there is nothing more evil than being LGBT especially Transgender and yet he has done things that would land him prison for life. He thinks that killing Transgender people should be legal. It is sad that more Trans people are being murdered despite the fact that murder is one of the worst sins people can commit.

Offline Linde

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2019, 08:46:58 pm »

Plus what about those who are intersex or have both male and female parts, Religion pretends those people don't exist. According to many religious views they shouldn't change a thing since that is how "God" made them.

It all depends how people interpret God's will.  I am one of those intersex people!  One of my nieces is a Methodist pastor, and she tells me that God does not make mistakes, and because god decided to make me, I can't be a mistake!
God wanted me to be the way I am!
This is the kind of God, I want to believe in!

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2019, 09:22:02 pm »
The way I see (any) religion:

If there were any one true religion, God, higher power, etc, there would be just one. Humans inhabit one planet, while there are several planets and galaxies, we currently occupy one.

There are too many religions to believe in one alone for myself. The Pope, the late Mother Theresa, the Dalai Lama, the medicine man in the rain forest, southern baptist pastors: they can preach, no problem. None of these humans are any different than you or me. They do not influence how I live my life, I influence how I live my life. Same for any other leader, political appointee, etc. I'm in charge of what I listen and let in to my world, everything else is another opinion.

Thought I'd drop by and scatter my .02

HUGS

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman, time for a change....
2-22-2019 Started HRT
8-9-2019 Legal Name Change
8-14-2019 New Drivers License issued with correct gender
9-5-2019 Social Security card updated
10-12-2019 Birth certificate updated
2-22-2020 One year HRT

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2019, 06:07:27 am »
The time escapes me to write about how non-sensical the Pope is. And I would probably have to break some forum rules to go any further with that discussion. He is the last person on earth who should comment on the morality of anything, let alone corrective surgery.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Offline Linde

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2019, 08:16:49 am »
The time escapes me to write about how non-sensical the Pope is. And I would probably have to break some forum rules to go any further with that discussion. He is the last person on earth who should comment on the morality of anything, let alone corrective surgery.

Well, there are tens of millions of people who expect him to guide them with his opinions on anything and everything!

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2019, 08:23:32 am »
Well, there are tens of millions of people who expect him to guide them with his opinions on anything and everything!
I am not one of them. I certainly hope any transgender person would not look to him for advice.

Offline Linde

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2019, 08:36:54 am »
I am not one of them. I certainly hope any transgender person would not look to him for advice.

You never know!  I know a few transgender people who seem to be very good catholics, who am I to judge them?  I'd rather stick with the advise of my niece, the pastor!

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2019, 08:45:36 am »
You never know!  I know a few transgender people who seem to be very good catholics, who am I to judge them?  I'd rather stick with the advise of my niece, the pastor!
As would I. And your dear friends are in fact BAD Catholics by this guy's edict if they have transitioned surgically. Remember, when this guy speaks it is held to be ex cathedra and ex post facto. Whatever he says is to be held as the very declarations of God and supersedes anything that previous popes or authority figures have stated.

I'm letting my feathers get ruffled. I should probably fly away from this discussion.

Offline Linde

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2019, 09:15:02 am »
As would I. And your dear friends are in fact BAD Catholics by this guy's edict if they have transitioned surgically. Remember, when this guy speaks it is held to be ex cathedra and ex post facto. Whatever he says is to be held as the very declarations of God and supersedes anything that previous popes or authority figures have stated.

I'm letting my feathers get ruffled. I should probably fly away from this discussion.

I am so far remote from everything catholic that I have no idea what they allow, and what they don't allow.  It seems that they are a tad more liberal than evangelicals, but that is the view of me, an outsider to either religious group.

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2019, 09:21:04 am »
I am so far remote from everything catholic that I have no idea what they allow, and what they don't allow.  It seems that they are a tad more liberal than evangelicals, but that is the view of me, an outsider to either religious group.
Yes and no. More liberal on some things, less liberal on others.

Offline gennee

• Family
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2019, 06:28:12 pm »
The pope is wrong about this. Denying trans people the opportunity to better themselves is a smack to them as people. The attacks on us is ramped up, something that I expected.

Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2019, 10:06:54 pm »
How can we discuss what the Catholic church thinks is wrong without discussing commandments they have been breaking and covering up for decades or longer? Hypocritical much?
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

Offline stephaniec

• SPARTA Trans Veterans AKA Stephaniec ( Garbo ) Diabla
  • Family
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2019, 12:51:27 am »
my only truth is the words of Jesus in the New Testament

Offline Gabby

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 01:14:55 pm »
I am Catholic and I am proud to be Catholic. But I at least try to understand other religions. The Church isn't always right. Just ask Copernicus.

Offline Alanna1990

• Friend
  • Happiest Transgender
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2019, 07:53:36 pm »
well... he can go to his hell

Tags: