Author Topic: Meal prep for gcs recovery  (Read 61 times)

Offline Michelledeanna1989

• Friend
Meal prep for gcs recovery
« on: July 17, 2019, 03:48:09 pm »
Hey so I’m not sure if this goes here but
Since it does invoke cooking.  My step mom is
Helping me do a big meal prep to freeze dinners
For when I’m recovering from gcs being I know from
What I’ve read and talked to my therapist about that
The first 3 months are the hardest.  She is doing 30 meals
For me and I’m going to do another 20-30 meals.  So after
Day 60 should I have more energy to cook.  I’d plan to
Stock up on soups , kraft dinner,  freeze a few loads of. Bread
And probably canned tuna etc..  plus my Insurance covers home care
For a few hours per day.,  since I live alone wondering what others have done etc
To prepare..

Thanks
Michelle 

Online Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
Re: Meal prep for gcs recovery
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 05:23:27 pm »
I only had a small apartment refrigerator so putting up meals for more than a few days wasn't possible. Besides that, I wasn't aware of how exhausted I would become. Had I not been working I could have handled cooking meals after a few weeks without a problem. It wan't exactly the smartest way to handle my recovery but it was the best I could do with the information I had at the start.

This is why I tell people to plan 6 to 8 weeks off work after surgery. A months supply of food should get you over the rough part but I think you will enjoy having more as dilation will cut into your time a good deal.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use dena@susans.org or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber

Offline Michelledeanna1989

• Friend
Re: Meal prep for gcs recovery
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 08:10:52 pm »
I only had a small apartment refrigerator so putting up meals for more than a few days wasn't possible. Besides that, I wasn't aware of how exhausted I would become. Had I not been working I could have handled cooking meals after a few weeks without a problem. It wan't exactly the smartest way to handle my recovery but it was the best I could do with the information I had at the start.

This is why I tell people to plan 6 to 8 weeks off work after surgery. A months supply of food should get you over the rough part but I think you will enjoy having more as dilation will cut into your time a good deal.

Thanks yeah I. Should of mentioned I’m also in a little basement suite but I was given a small deep freeze.  So it’s really going to come in handy then I’m considering getting a kitchen now while I have time to train it so I  have so company.  Once. I have a little more time I live near the ocean and have always found it healing going threw other health issues.. even before coming out
Just going for a walk alone on the beach was my escape where I could just be myself.. so much to prep and prepare for.  My only reference points are dental surgery and an appendectomy recovering from that surgery all I remember doing was eating and sleeping and taking pain meds for two weeks

Tags: