Author Topic: What are you having for dinner? 3.0  (Read 28931 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: What are you having for dinner? 3.0
« Reply #880 on: February 15, 2019, 07:10:24 pm »
Ribeye steak.  Rib bone-in.

Tasty.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others.

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

GingerVicki

« Reply #881 on: February 15, 2019, 07:13:06 pm »
chicken Ramen noodles. Eating soft food until my mouth heals.

Offline Michelle_P

• Transgender veteran, advocate, and public speaker
  • Family
  • Voices for Transgender Equality, GLAAD Media Alum
    • Michelle Paquette (Blog)
What are you having for dinner? 3.0
« Reply #882 on: February 15, 2019, 07:22:53 pm »
Chili chicken stew, sort of.  There’s a bunch of stuff in the slow cooker, anyway...
GENDER: Really femme human with boobs and vagina who is attracted to similar humans.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle’s personal blog and biography

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #883 on: February 15, 2019, 07:24:10 pm »
Chili chicken stew, sort of.  There’s a bunch of stuff in the slow cooker, anyway...

Michelle,

I hope it turns out to be delicious!

Chrissy

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others.

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Linde

• A year full-time
« Reply #884 on: February 15, 2019, 10:57:37 pm »
Were out with some friends to the monthly Music Walk in Fort Myers, and ate at a nice restaurant. For a change, I had fish and french fries!
Feb 2019, bi-lateral orchiectomy
June 10, 2019 Not enough Y chr detected to be male

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #885 on: February 16, 2019, 10:21:17 am »
I will have some chili.

Could make an all beef chili dog on the side.

Chrissy

Offline Linde

• A year full-time
« Reply #886 on: February 16, 2019, 10:23:31 am »
I will have some chili.

Could make an all beef chili dog on the side.

Chrissy
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a chili dog?  I asked my dog, and sh did not know it either (must be because she is a German breed, too?)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #887 on: February 16, 2019, 10:28:56 am »
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a chili dog?  I asked my dog, and sh did not know it either (must be because she is a German breed, too?)

It is a frankfurter, a hot dog, with chili topping.

Chrissy

Offline Linde

• A year full-time
« Reply #888 on: February 16, 2019, 12:28:13 pm »

It is a frankfurter, a hot dog, with chili topping.

Chrissy
Thanks, now I understand why neither I or my dog knew what it is.  We never had it, and never would have thought about people doing this!
I think I stick with my Curry Wurst!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #889 on: February 16, 2019, 01:06:55 pm »
Thanks, now I understand why neither I or my dog knew what it is.  We never had it, and never would have thought about people doing this!
I think I stick with my Curry Wurst!

Linde,

Have you eaten hot dogs?  The all beef variety is okay.  But I prefer sausages.

I do like German wursts. 

Chrissy

Offline Linde

• A year full-time
« Reply #890 on: February 16, 2019, 04:56:54 pm »

Linde,

Have you eaten hot dogs?  The all beef variety is okay.  But I prefer sausages.

I do like German wursts. 

Chrissy
all those type of ho dogs, Franks, winrs, etc. , were brought to this country by the German settlers.  My wife did once a research paper on the influence of German foods in America.  It  was very interesting to see, that candy canes and
Tootsie rolls  were of German origin, while German chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany!

Anyway, yes I know any kind of meat products stuffed into a round vessel.  I rad that there are currently way over 600 different kinds of sausages for sale in Germany. 
But Curry Wurst is a speciality that gets prepared.  One needs the white type of bratwurst for it (for the version developed in the city of Gelsenkirchen, the Berlin version is different, I do' like it that much), onion powder, curry powder and a special curry ketchup (I get that through Amazon, or make it myself, but that is a messy job).  Put it all together in the right way, and you have your Gelsenkirchen type Currywurst.  I like it best with French fries (but I like almost any food best with French Fries)

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #891 on: February 16, 2019, 05:18:15 pm »
Deep fried scallops.  And the last of the chocolate chip cookies that I've been baking the past few days.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #892 on: February 16, 2019, 05:20:24 pm »
all those type of ho dogs, Franks, winrs, etc. , were brought to this country by the German settlers.  My wife did once a research paper on the influence of German foods in America.  It  was very interesting to see, that candy canes and
Tootsie rolls  were of German origin, while German chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany!

Anyway, yes I know any kind of meat products stuffed into a round vessel.  I rad that there are currently way over 600 different kinds of sausages for sale in Germany. 
But Curry Wurst is a speciality that gets prepared.  One needs the white type of bratwurst for it (for the version developed in the city of Gelsenkirchen, the Berlin version is different, I do' like it that much), onion powder, curry powder and a special curry ketchup (I get that through Amazon, or make it myself, but that is a messy job).  Put it all together in the right way, and you have your Gelsenkirchen type Currywurst.  I like it best with French fries (but I like almost any food best with French Fries)

Very interesting!

Chrissy

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #893 on: February 17, 2019, 03:47:29 pm »
Had some pork and prawns left over so made a stir fry, Onion ,ginger and garlic fried , pork cut into thin strips then added potato carrots in thin batons and some string beans. threw in some 1/4rd cherry  toms with a lot of soy. Packet of straight to wok noodles . tasted great. spent 2 1/2 hrs cooking kofti (Indian meatballs) in sauce, samosas and mix veg curry and a few moments to eat a bowl full!!!Loads left over , Keema for samosa  filling will make a shepherds pie fill.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Jenny1969

« Reply #894 on: February 17, 2019, 04:01:44 pm »
Pizza
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

Offline MollyPants

• Family
« Reply #895 on: February 17, 2019, 05:24:50 pm »
Pizza!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Linde

• A year full-time
« Reply #896 on: February 17, 2019, 06:40:50 pm »
Fish and French Fries and a handful of blueberries for desert!

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #897 on: February 17, 2019, 07:13:43 pm »
No big dinner plans tonight, perhaps just a small salad... BECAUSE ...
after church today went out to lunch with several friends/single ladies from church to a late lunch at a great little Mexican restaurant.   
I had a combo plate with a chicken burrito and a taco, re-fried beans and rice and copious amounts of tortilla chips and salsa.   It is now just after 4:00pm here and I am still stuffed!!! 

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #898 on: February 17, 2019, 07:23:11 pm »
I made three very filling and tasty ribeye steak soft tacos. 

Snacking on raisins.  They look a lot like shriveled dried grapes for some reason.   :)

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #899 on: February 18, 2019, 05:28:49 pm »
I will just have some fruit. 

Chrissy

Tags: