Author Topic: Vicki's Everything Journal  (Read 4884 times)

Offline GingerVicki

Vicki's Everything Journal
« on: August 04, 2018, 03:08:15 pm »
...So I got approved for HRT last thursday and see my endo 8/27. I received a call from the nurse yesterday asking for a diabetic blood panel. I assumed that I was getting some blood work done and I am not sure if it should be a diabetic screening. Is this common or is my doctor being discrete?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:16:12 am by Jessica »

Offline LilDevilOfPrada

• Sorry I have Dyslexia and ADHD so please try bare with my posts. I know they can be near impossible to read.
  • Family
  • EVIL with a coat of lip gloss
Re: <insert> snappy title for transition diary
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 03:23:05 pm »
Endocrinologist mainly are diabetic doctors, I wouldn't be concerned. You also have a bunch more tests when you first start.
Awww no my little kitten gif site is gone :( sad.

2 Febuary 2011/13 June 2011 hrt began

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 04:55:58 pm »
Last night I downloaded the visual analyser software so that I could start with voice training along with some phone app. I played with it for a while and will start my voice training soon. I have a ton of work to do. I start out high, end high, but the middle is where I really drop. So, I guess I just need to fill I the middle.

Also, I am also going to restart my pilates and yoga. I am not really concerned about cardio. I can do about 6 miles during a one hour session on an elliptical with decent resistance. Once the summer sun isn't so intense I will start taking some longer walks around the neighborhood.

I am going to focus intensely on stretching my hips in hopes that this will allow better results from the hormones. I know that my bone structure will not change, but I am certain that I can do alot with increases flexibility. Once I am more flexible I will begin strengthening my glutes and hips. I am not going blind with this and I am going to use a targeted, scientific approach.

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 06:11:14 pm »
@gingerViktorKay
Your report about starting your "official" transition and starting HRT is really great news, it will be a very exciting time for you... more specifically, exciting and sometimes frightening all at the same time.
Please continue to keep us updated with your progress.

Oh, if you desire to change the wording in your "snappy" thread title, you can easily have that done.  Just let me know and I can help you.

Meanwhile I will be looking forward to reading your updates to your thread.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 09:07:45 pm »
@Alaskan Danielle
Thanks will do.

Today I started practicing my voice and I believe it went as well as it could have. I held my hand on my chest to make sure that my chest is not vibrating and made sure that my voice box was up high. five times.

I am using Voice Pitch Analyzer. Anything positive is good right.

start Min Avg:  115 Hz end 119 Hz
start Max Avg: 142 HZ end 158 Hz
start average:  128 Hz end 137 Hz

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 05:06:36 pm »
Woo Hoo!!! I hit the androgynous range today!!!

start Min Avg:  121 Hz end 120 Hz
start Max Avg: 160 HZ end 173 Hz
start average:  140 Hz end 144 Hz

Online Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 05:09:25 pm »
@gingerViktorKay
Well, this is great news.   
In my opinion, the real test of course about speaking in your new female voice is when you are surprised and have to make an unexpected comment without a lot of preparation.... the old male voice can slip out so easily.

Practice, practice, practice   
Hugs,
Danielle

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 05:46:46 pm »
@gingerViktorKay
Well, this is great news.   
In my opinion, the real test of course about speaking in your new female voice is when you are surprised and have to make an unexpected comment without a lot of preparation.... the old male voice can slip out so easily.

Practice, practice, practice   
Hugs,
Danielle

I did not think about that, but I will keep that in mind.

It is hard to believe how much my range has improved in two days. I realize that I will gain quickly at first then plateau. At that point is where the struggle really begins.

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 10:36:42 pm »
...and today's results. I hit the androgynous range every time and the female range once.

start Min Avg:  126 Hz end 129 Hz
start Max Avg: 175 HZ end 188 Hz
start average:  148 Hz end 157 Hz

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 03:04:27 am »
I wish that I would have found Fitness Blender days ago. I have finally found the perfect hip, thigh, and butt workout. It is only about 20 minutes long.

The Pilates Butt and Thigh Workout works everything without weights and even does the counts. The only exercise that I don't like is the swimmer and it is at the very end of the workout, so it doesn't change anything. I do not like the swimmer because it works the shoulders and I do not need more shoulders.

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 04:12:02 am »
I found the stretching videos that I need. The first focuses on opening the hips. I really think that opening the hips through isolated stretching will help to maximize hip gains while on HRT. That and a targeted workout designed specifically to build the outer hip muscles like the previous post.

Here is a link to a video that focuses on stretching the hips.

Here is the video for regular stretching

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 06:45:21 pm »
Today wasn't the best day.

start Min Avg:  129 Hz end 124 Hz
start Max Avg: 172 HZ end 164 Hz
start average:  146 Hz end 164 Hz

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 08:59:28 pm »
Tomorrow is a big day! I am going to visit my PC and she is going to do the lab work for my endocrinologist appointment on the 27th.

Offline Eryn T

• The Talkative One
  • Friend
    • TransGaming on Youtube
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 04:47:30 am »
Loving this thread, hun!

I didn't know about fitness blender, I stumbled on Spotebi.com, do the glutes workout, but I'm not very flexible yet, so maybe i'll get blender a try!

As for your voice, did you post it in the Rate my voice thread thingie?  Also, while you are working on it, there are a few things that I keep in mind with my own, that has helped me see better results.

Make sure you get plenty of sleep
Usually works best shortly after eaten something(and not when first waking-up) your voice is harder to work with during those hours; because it takes energy to use those muscles, especially if you're not used to it.

And really take it easy while practicing, if you ever feel like your voice is starting to feel grainy, raspy, or raw; just stop for the day entirely, and take it easy with your voice.

I havent been able to use my voice for awhile because I pushed it too far, and here is where I was with pitch a long time ago, I made an image graphic:

As you can see, when I had a sore throat I did better than when I was tired.  Sleep is crucial.

Not trying to derail your thread, though.

Keep them updates a comin! I'm subscribed !  ;D
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 08:29:10 am »
@Eryn T
Thanks. Your pitch is where I want mine to be someday.

Yesterday I had to take the day off because of a sore throat. :( I am really surprised that I made any progress during the first week.

Online KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 11:38:07 am »
Yesterday I had to take the day off because of a sore throat. :( I am really surprised that I made any progress during the first week.
I hope that is not because you are working your voice too hard.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 10:14:42 pm »
Nope. I do 25 sentences and am starting very slow.

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 12:08:38 am »
After resting my voice I will be doing list 1 and list 2 from the sentences provided by this forum.

start Min Avg:  135 Hz end 129 Hz
start Max Avg: 194 HZ end 196 Hz
start average:  162 Hz end 160 Hz

I voice still sounds overwhelmingly male, but my range has tripled and at this point range is really the item that I need to focus on. :)

Offline GingerVicki

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 09:46:29 am »
A first happened today. I was at Walmart buying some odds and ends like a new super soft fleece blanket and stuff. A woman asked me if it was for college and she assumed it was for my daughter. I just said something quick like no it's not I'm just moving. She payed forward $20! I believe that she had alternative ideas going through her mind because I was in 100% man mode down to the boxers. That and I've always been good with the ladies. >:-)

I'm sure that being trans gives me an unfair advantage. Ut oh don't tell the straight cis guys right. ::)

...So I did the right thing and took $10 and gave the other $10 to the couple behind me.

I feel good about visiting my endocrinologist on Monday and went and bought some small things to 'girlify' my apartment like I always wanted to. Between those two things I was really happy anyhow, but then I got $10 and the taxi driver took a different route and saved me some money too.

Amazing day!  :)

Online Alaskan Danielle

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 12:44:06 pm »
A first happened today. I was at Walmart buying some odds and ends like a new super soft fleece blanket and stuff. A woman asked me if it was for college and she assumed it was for my daughter. I just said something quick like no it's not I'm just moving. She payed forward $20! I believe that she had alternative ideas going through her mind because I was in 100% man mode down to the boxers. That and I've always been good with the ladies. >:-)

I'm sure that being trans gives me an unfair advantage. Ut oh don't tell the straight cis guys right. ::)

...So I did the right thing and took $10 and gave the other $10 to the couple behind me.

I feel good about visiting my endocrinologist on Monday and went and bought some small things to 'girlify' my apartment like I always wanted to. Between those two things I was really happy anyhow, but then I got $10 and the taxi driver took a different route and saved me some money too.

Amazing day!  :)

@gingerViktorKay
Well now, that was certainly a wonderful good news update.   Lots of good things happening to you and for you today... and there is still plenty of day to go...  hopefully this trend continues for you.
Thanks for your update,

Best wishes,
Danielle