Author Topic: Questions About Life After Transition  (Read 152 times)

Offline Max-the-Mer

• Visitor
Questions About Life After Transition
« on: August 07, 2018, 03:46:40 am »
What is daily life like after finally having finally transitioned? Does dysphoria sort of fade to the background? And will mental health improve drastically, especially if before transition, daily dysphoria was a main contributor to bad mental health? I guess what I am asking is, what are the thoughts and emotions you have when you wake up in the morning knowing your finally in the right body?

Offline V M

• The Female Clint Eastwood
  • The Butterfly flutter by smile upon you
Re: Questions About Life After Transition
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 05:29:04 am »
Hi Max-the-Mer  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that we offer to all new members to help them along

Things that you should read

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M

Offline Virginia

• Childhood trauma survivor with male & female alters
  • Friend
  • (Vee-Aye, The State I live in, not my name)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 05:54:54 am »
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water".
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye)

Offline Dani

• On the beach
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 06:10:49 am »
For myself, my gender dysphoria is a distant memory, completely gone from my mind. My dysphoria did not slowly fade into the background. It was suddenly and completely gone the minute I woke from genital surgery. Then there is the recovery period which is a challenge with pain medications and being so sore down there. Once your body  heals and you settle into a routine, life is remarkably normal. What we obsessed about before, is not not a problem. It is time to get on with the rest of our life.

It is important to plan for a life after transition. I see too many girls so completely focused on transition that they have little or no plans for their life after they finally feel proper. 

On a daily basis, I do carry water, but I have no need to chop wood.  :D

Tags: