General Discussions > Makeup

Makeup beginner in need of guidance

(1/3) > >>

Danielle Kristina:
Ok girls, I need some makeup help.  I want to start wearing makeup, but have no makeup skills whatsoever.  What should I start with and where can I go to learn?  I don’t have any female friends or relatives to help me, so I’m on my own here.  I’ve worn lipstick before, but even then I didn’t know what I was doing as my lips don’t look nearly as colored or big as other girls since they know what they are doing and I don’t.  I know I won’t build up my skills in one day, but I’d like to make a good start.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Laurie K:
 Hi, as always.... just my opinions.... first .... female skin is a bit different than ours so makeup techniques may differ slightly..... more hair bigger pores and softer texture..... my basic makeup routine is a very close shave.... face primer then if yu have dark facial hair a light cover of light brown or orange on beard area ( i dont need any more electro fixed that)......That will hide blue tinge in photos......then foundation that matches yur skin tone.....i put over everything ... make a clean canvas.... then eyeliner on the waterline of bottom lash....mascara....and blush....   .the lips... use what works..... I used a wand at first but now use a tube  a wand helped in the beginning... but find a tube is more convenient now.... apply and spread with lips... and use a sealer..... watch youtube for ideas and tips ..... and a lot of practice..... you will get there..... simple everyday look

Mendi:
Main rule is; Less is more!

And again...LESS IS MORE....

My day make-up is; CC foundation/cream, powder, a little bit of blush, eyebrows drawn, mascara, nude/light red lipstick and a very faint line to lower eyelid. Takes about 20 minutes.

But everything that I use, I keep in mind, that less is more!

gingerViktorKay:
youtube is your friend and you can search 'mtf makeup tips' and you will find some help. There are many makeup howto videos.

Danielle Kristina:
Thank you girls.  My next trip to the store will be a hunt for the makeup essentials.  Then I’ll spend some quality time with YouTube.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version