Community Conversation > Legal Matters

Diploma name

<< < (2/3) > >>

kaya91:
Thank you for the responses. I am just applying to graduate now and they have a choice to put a different name on it when you apply. I didn't know you could have it changed in the future after you graduate, and I contacted the school to make sure I can but they are impossible to get ahold of. I will use my current legal name and have it changed later if its an option.

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: kaya91 on August 23, 2018, 12:31:04 pm ---Thank you for the responses. I am just applying to graduate now and they have a choice to put a different name on it when you apply. I didn't know you could have it changed in the future after you graduate, and I contacted the school to make sure I can but they are impossible to get ahold of. I will use my current legal name and have it changed later if its an option.

--- End quote ---

@kaya91
You are making the correct decision, until you finally change your legal name, always use your current legal name, otherwise you are asking for more problems.
Danielle

Listlesswanderer:

--- Quote from: kaya91 on August 22, 2018, 05:26:35 pm ---I am graduating this semester, and I am unsure how to handle what name to get on the diploma. I have not legally changed it yet, but I plan on it as soon as its something I can afford.

--- End quote ---

I do not know which state you are in, but many states have reduced fees and/or fee waivers for persons who are low income that need to file things in court. There also may be local legal aid resources that can help. Nolo or even a local legal library are also great resources if you need to self-represent as well.

I recognize you posted this a while ago, but figure this might still be helpful information if you have not done a name and/or gender change yet.

yukarinrin:
I suggest changing it before graduation to avoid more troubles

In my country, the contents can't be changed once the graduation certificate is issued. As gender change will also change my national identity number, the certificate will be useless if I can't finish all this before graduation...or everyone knows I'm trans.

Colleen_definitely:
This was posted a year ago, I am pretty confident that she has already graduated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version