Author Topic: My intersexed life, by me. The continued perilous saga.  (Read 568 times)

Offline Doreen

• Family
Re: My intersexed life, by me. The continued perilous saga.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 11:45:34 am »
Hi josie76, exactly you nailed it... one of the points I was trying to make earlier, I learned, these docs  when sending you to get the x-rays, mri's ct's  etc rely on someone reading them and writing results, even with requests unless they are familiar with a certain area its still standard ambiguous answers. I now push for specific answers and ask ahead of time for verification of understanding with whoever is doing the imaging/testing whatever.
 Hi Doreen, i am wondering, I was always thinking the same thing to the point my assumption is insurance/ funding, I actually went to mayo clinic by-passed all my docs for the same reason, went to another doc specifically because I knew he could get me into mayo, but they were in agreement with university conclusions and way less hands on.  When everything was all said and done I have transitioned to the long drive often weekly to the university, the only docs who seemed "curious" to want "explore" or to be interested in actually looking for oddities like  investigators is the university... Them hungry interns and fellows, competing with those Directors or Professors..lol

I really should give that a try at our local medical university.. though I'm leery of having my name splashed among medical colleagues.  I still want answers, and am willing to go to great lengths to find them, however.

Tags: