Author Topic: Becca's FFS with Zukowski 2018  (Read 5612 times)

Offline sophie1904

• Friend
Re: Becca's FFS with Zukowski 2018
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2018, 06:52:39 pm »
Thank you so much for posting these last few pictures.

I go into FFS on Tuesday and the end photos make it worthwhile - reading through what looks like an incredibly painful journey is inspiring and I'm really scared of what's in store but I know I'm going to come out the other side better.

Thank you for being an inspiration.

Offline Becca Kay

• Friend
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2018, 08:48:18 pm »
FTR six months post op and i never think about how hard it was. 

It was all worth it

Offline Becca Kay

• Friend
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2018, 09:16:53 pm »
the farther I get past my surgery date the less I want to see pre op photos of myself.  Old photos, especially minus the work I put into presentation, are starting to look to me like some other person that I don't recognize. 

Every week up until now I've had to send pics to Dr Z for him to review.  The pic below on the left is me 7 weeks post op.  The pic on the right is me in April of this year.  You can see how much my brow, forehead, chin, nose and lip have been altered.  Keep in mind that my nose is still very swollen.  By next summer it should relax a bit and the tip of my nose will probably drop a bit.  AND I still have a lot of swelling in my jowls and under my chin, and along my jaw muscle.  It should settle down over the next few months

Offline scrambledeggs

« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2018, 09:03:34 am »
the farther I get past my surgery date the less I want to see pre op photos of myself.  Old photos, especially minus the work I put into presentation, are starting to look to me like some other person that I don't recognize. 

Every week up until now I've had to send pics to Dr Z for him to review.  The pic below on the left is me 7 weeks post op.  The pic on the right is me in April of this year.  You can see how much my brow, forehead, chin, nose and lip have been altered.  Keep in mind that my nose is still very swollen.  By next summer it should relax a bit and the tip of my nose will probably drop a bit.  AND I still have a lot of swelling in my jowls and under my chin, and along my jaw muscle.  It should settle down over the next few months

[img width=400 height=299]https://i.imgur.com/clvGrGS.jpg[/img

What an unbelievable change! It's hard to believe! You look like you're healing really well, also.

How do you feel overall?

It's hard to tell from your pictures but is your forehead still swollen too?

Offline Becca Kay

• Friend
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2018, 07:33:03 pm »
I have some swelling over my orbital rims. not bad but it does make my upper eyes lids and brow look a little bit puffy. Above that there's very little swelling left.  Swelling is mostly gone from my temples as well. 

My brow and foread is amazing smooth.

Offline Becca Kay

• Friend
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2018, 06:41:03 pm »
I am now 9 weeks post op.  This week I am experiencing some odd soreness along my chin and jaw line.  These spots have been numb up until now.  So I hope this isn't anything bad but instead it's sensation coming back.

One rather disappointing outcome of the surgery (so far) is that I can't lower my bottom lip.  it's not like my eyebrows, which i can just barely wiggle.  There is no sensation at all when I try to lower my bottom lip.  It's like the thought isn't connected to my muscle.  It feels like i may have nerve damage above my chin.  I can smile with my lips together just fine but it's impossible to smile showing my teeth.  I can move my lower lip.  But it's a tad sluggish and I have since the surgery spoken with a slight lisp. 

This could all clear up in time.  other numb areas have come back a little.  I'm not completely hopeless about it. 

Offline scrambledeggs

« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2018, 07:11:14 pm »
I am now 9 weeks post op.  This week I am experiencing some odd soreness along my chin and jaw line.  These spots have been numb up until now.  So I hope this isn't anything bad but instead it's sensation coming back.

One rather disappointing outcome of the surgery (so far) is that I can't lower my bottom lip.  it's not like my eyebrows, which i can just barely wiggle.  There is no sensation at all when I try to lower my bottom lip.  It's like the thought isn't connected to my muscle.  It feels like i may have nerve damage above my chin.  I can smile with my lips together just fine but it's impossible to smile showing my teeth.  I can move my lower lip.  But it's a tad sluggish and I have since the surgery spoken with a slight lisp. 

This could all clear up in time.  other numb areas have come back a little.  I'm not completely hopeless about it.

What does Dr. Z think about the numbness in your lip? Is this a common side effect?

Offline Becca Kay

• Friend
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2018, 07:30:03 am »
I haven't talked to him about this yet.

I have had numbness under my chin and along my jaw muscle which is normal after the neck lift, jaw contouring and masseter muscle reduction.  And I had a lot of swelling on the left side of my face because of work he did to correct asymmetry.  Because of all that I hadn't really noticed that.  Last week I tried to take a selfie with a big smile and that's when I realized I couldn't move my lip down.

Offline Donica

• I am smiling! Really!
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2018, 11:21:57 am »
Can you call or email your doctor and get information without waiting for an appointment?
Rebirth June 9, 2017. Started HRT August 22, 2017. Came out June 16, 2018, Full time July 9, 2018.
Started FHR August 9, 2018, Started VFT September 19, 2018, Name and Gender change October 19. 2018.

Offline Becca Kay

• Friend
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2018, 09:12:17 pm »
Can you call or email your doctor and get information without waiting for an appointment?

I already have

Offline Becca Kay

• Friend
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2018, 03:45:36 pm »
i am almost 3 months Post Op.  Recovery has had some bumps.  But over all this has been an amazing and positive change in my life.  Occasionally I have to stop and think about how much my life has changed in only a few months.  How easy it is to go out in public.  How many people who meet me now don't immediately know I'm trans.  Having a female voice helps. But the surgery has radically changed things for me for the better.

I will probably post a pic or two over the next 3-6 months.  But the noticeable changes in my pics are appearing less and less as the swelling has subsided.  So I probably won't look much different than this for the next few months. 

Offline Dorit

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2018, 11:33:08 pm »
Becca, you are beautiful!   I can completely identify with what you are experiencing.  I myself did FFS almost three months ago and it is a "game changer."

Online Steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2018, 02:57:31 am »
Becca and Dorit, you give me hope. I had my FFS at FacialTeam on Tuesday, and I can only wish my results will be half as good as yours. At 60 years old, a game-changer is exactly what I’m looking for. Thank you for showing the way.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019

Offline Donica

• I am smiling! Really!
« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2018, 11:26:21 am »
You look beautiful Becca. Both You and Dorit look great. Definitely a game changer. I'm still waiting for my date but I was told they would get me in sometime in late January or February. It's time to sent another email to my surgeon. The squeaky wheel thing  ;)
Rebirth June 9, 2017. Started HRT August 22, 2017. Came out June 16, 2018, Full time July 9, 2018.
Started FHR August 9, 2018, Started VFT September 19, 2018, Name and Gender change October 19. 2018.

Offline Em21

• Visitor
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2018, 04:39:58 am »
Becca, congratulations on your surgery! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your experience. It has helped me make a decision to consider Dr Zukowski as my surgeon also. I have set up a consultation for next week. I really like his results. Will you be sharing anymore of your experience?

EM21

Tags: