News and Events > Religious news

Catholic Parishioners Burn Rainbow Flag In 'Exorcism' Ceremony

<< < (4/5) > >>

Janes Groove:

--- Quote from: gingerViktorKay on September 19, 2018, 05:27:08 pm --- Hmmm. A demonically possessed flag.

--- End quote ---

Not anymore apparently.  Sometimes you have to destroy the flag in order to save the flag.

gingerViktorKay:
I guess so. It must be like burn the witch to save her soul.

Lady Sarah:

--- Quote from: gingerViktorKay on September 19, 2018, 09:09:24 pm ---I guess so. It must be like burn the witch to save her soul.

--- End quote ---

Is that anything like burning Nikes to protest peaceful protests? 

I was raised Catholic. Things I have witnessed within the church are the reason I left the church. Burning a rainbow flag is merely small step towards becoming what the Westboro Baptist Church has become; a den of hatred and bigotry.

Beware of any religion that only propheses certain parts of the Bible, while conveniently sidestepping others.

Janes Groove:

--- Quote from: gingerViktorKay on September 19, 2018, 09:09:24 pm ---I guess so. It must be like burn the witch to save her soul.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking of the Vietnam era saying, "We have to burn the village to save the village," but yours is more historically accurate to what was going on in the middle ages.  But in reality, not just the medieval times.  The last witch was executed as recently as 1727. 

ErinAscending:

--- Quote from: Janes Groove on September 20, 2018, 03:09:23 pm ---I was thinking of the Vietnam era saying, "We have to burn the village to save the village," but yours is more historically accurate to what was going on in the middle ages.  But in reality, not just the medieval times.  The last witch was executed as recently as 1727. 

--- End quote ---

But that was during the age of enlightenment...  It must have been an "Enlightened" execution.
/sarc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version