Author Topic: Re: The Stephanie Chronicles 2.0  (Read 19622 times)

Offline KatieP

Re: The Stephanie Chronicles 2.0
« Reply #680 on: April 13, 2019, 12:24:24 pm »
Steph, you have the BEST updates of anyone, on this forum, or probably on the Internet. I feel like I was there, seeing it through your eyes!

And, listening to you announce, I was amazed at your encyclopedic knowledge of airplanes. You are truly a Homebuilt treasure!

Kate

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #681 on: April 15, 2019, 04:44:02 pm »
Diving into a milestone event and enjoying it as you.  Now you are truly able to fly. 

Compare that to a year ago.  And two years ago. 

We can live in ways that previously seemed unachievable.  You are proof.

We are proof, my dear. I follow in your footsteps. Though I could never achieve the pace you sustained, by the end of this year I will have accomplished almost everything you and so many of my other sisters here have. I stand on the shoulders of giants, and I hope my shoulders can support the next girl climbing up.

Two years ago I was a 58 year year old guy working as a vendor at Sun-N-Fun, with my big trailer and my partially-built plane on display. I plastered on a smile during the day, and struggled with deep depression when alone. I was convinced I wouldn't be around to attend the show the next year, and I was sure no one would notice.

A year ago I went as a volunteer, in the position I held again this year, and as the woman I'd finally let myself be. I'd almost turned down the job. I was scared to death about how I'd be treated. My co-host and I had received applause for the new Media Team we'd created, but it was a group effort, and while I knew a certain amount of the applause was in appreciation of my contributions, I didn't consider it to be personal praise. Still, I was stunned by how well everyone treated me.

This year there was no denying the acceptance, and in many cases encouragement I received. Some showed it as praise, some women gave me recommendations for things like hair removal and permanent makeup, some showed it through smiles and hugs. But as I write this, I realize that probably the most meaningful way that acceptance was manifested was by no reaction at all. I was just Stephanie, back for another year of enjoying the show with all my friends. It shows how far I, my friends, and society as a whole have come.

And those four words will hold a special place in my heart for the rest of my life: They cheered for me!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #682 on: April 15, 2019, 04:49:04 pm »
What a great report, Stephanie!  It sounds like you had a great time.  It is obvious that you are respected and liked by your fellow aviators.

Thank you Kathy. After thinking I wouldn't be around for the 2018 show, I can't wait for 2020! I got along with almost everyone in the before-times, but aviators tend to be a conservative bunch, and - no doubt because of my previous pessimistic and cynical view of the world - I expected the worst. I have never been happier to be proven wrong!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #683 on: April 15, 2019, 04:53:07 pm »
I think it was your voice? I had a little trouble finding my way but I definitely heard a man and a woman on the link you provided us.

That is some of the happiest feedback I've gotten about the whole show, Donica. I was terribly self-conscious about my voice all week, but I had no choice but to keep talking. I got excellent feedback from another friend here, so I know I have work to do on it yet, but it's wonderful to know that it was working well enough. Thank you.

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #684 on: April 15, 2019, 05:06:14 pm »
Steph, you have the BEST updates of anyone, on this forum, or probably on the Internet. I feel like I was there, seeing it through your eyes!

OMG, on the entire internet?! I seriously doubt that, but I am so happy you enjoyed it. Most likely due to the length of my entries, I suspect I've chased away many of those who used to come here. It's nice to know I have a core group who are willing to sit through my lengthy ramblings.

And, listening to you announce, I was amazed at your encyclopedic knowledge of airplanes. You are truly a Homebuilt treasure!

Hmmm. Okay, I'll accept that I'm a big fish in the tiniest pond you've ever seen. I'm not sure if it even qualifies as a puddle, but it's pretty cool that I've found a niche that allows me to be useful.

Thank you for your honest and so useful back-channel feedback on my voice. I tried hard to incorporate your suggestions into my patter. It was an interesting struggle to balance processor cycles between making the voice sound as good as I could, and pulling that aircraft knowledge out of my brain. You may have noticed occasional pauses in my commentary. That was necessary while the buffer refilled. It almost literally felt like that. I would just run out of things to say, so I'd stop for a second, and the words came pouring in so I could pour them out.

I need to have another core installed before next year...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:49:12 am by steph2.0 »

Offline KatieP

« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2019, 05:55:15 pm »

Thank you for your honest and so useful back-channel feedback on my voice.

Whew! I was really worried. I am a newbie here, and I thought perhaps I pissed off one of the royal family when I didn't hear from you at all.  ;D And, don't make excuses like you were busy...  ;D OK. I was worried, and I really don't know what I was thinking about getting any response. Why would Kate Middleton or Megan Markel reply to some pauper in the street? They wouldn't...  ;D

And, I tease A LOT. I really like Moni's tag line about never having any intention to offend in any way. I will always try to be non-offensive on these boards, but I am inept in my wording at times, and "we" can be a bit sensitive at times.

Anyway, I will double down on my comments about both your spectacular updates, and your incredible knowledge. You can say, Big Fish in a small bowl, but I don't think the homebuilt universe is small at all. In many ways, it is the largest of the aviation oceans -- and you are still a big fish...

;D

Kate

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #686 on: April 16, 2019, 08:18:18 am »
Whew! I was really worried. I am a newbie here, and I thought perhaps I pissed off one of the royal family when I didn't hear from you at all.  ;D And, don't make excuses like you were busy...  ;D OK. I was worried, and I really don't know what I was thinking about getting any response. Why would Kate Middleton or Megan Markel reply to some pauper in the street? They wouldn't...  ;D

And, I tease A LOT. I really like Moni's tag line about never having any intention to offend in any way.

Wait, what? Royalty!? Pfffftt! You do tease a lot! Did you think I would shake my sceptre at you and pronounce, “We are not amused!”?

I do apologize for not replying sooner. Despite your warning, I intend to use the “busy” excuse. Do not contradict me, woman!

I will always try to be non-offensive on these boards, but I am inept in my wording at times, and "we" can be a bit sensitive at times.

Well well. Look who’s using the Royal “We” now!

Anyway, I will double down on my comments about both your spectacular updates, and your incredible knowledge. You can say, Big Fish in a small bowl, but I don't think the homebuilt universe is small at all. In many ways, it is the largest of the aviation oceans -- and you are still a big fish...

;D

I try, but generally speaking, when you start getting into stuff that uses the 1930’s technology tractor engines (Lycoming/Continental) I start swinging in the breeze. It’s why I feel at home on the light plane strip. I can tell you about stuff flying with Rotax/Hirth/Kawasaki/etc. and certain auto conversions (Viking/Aeromomentum/Aerovee/etc.) all day long. And anything with a stall speed above 45mph is cool, but outside my area of expertise.

Anyway, thank you again for the valuable feedback.

Now remove yourself from our radiant presence, serf.

Stephanie

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #687 on: April 16, 2019, 08:28:03 am »
Just a short entry (uh huh, sure) about last Saturday night. My Bestie and I went out to see an 80’s cover band, “Shadow Cabinet,” and had a wonderful time. Having graduated high school in the Pleistocene Era (1976 - yes, I’m ancient) I thought I wouldn’t like the music, but wow, they were good! The only downside was there was no dance floor, so I couldn't get up and move the way I wanted to.

We were addressed as ladies by all we met, and it felt so good to get out and enjoy the warm evening. We don’t have any full length pictures, but Cassie wore her new swing dress and I wore a light above-the-knee rayon skirt that felt so good in the breeze, and in a surprising new development, a camisole with spaghetti straps, which I’d never expected to be able to rock with these wide shoulders. A lightweight scarf finished my look. If I must say so myself (and I probably do) I’m not doing too bad for a sixty-year-old broad.

We took a couple of selfies, and I don’t know which I like best, so you have to look at both of them. Take that!

Stephanie

Offline Faith

« Reply #688 on: April 16, 2019, 08:33:19 am »
Steph, all of your posts are fabulous .. including the photos. I do my best to ease your head swell by not telling you very often :D

hugs
Faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #689 on: April 16, 2019, 08:36:53 am »
Steph, all of your posts are fabulous .. including the photos. I do my best to ease your head swell by not telling you very often :D

hugs
Faith

Oh, I wouldn’t want to trouble you by restricting your wish to praise me. You simply don’t need that kind of stress, so please, do go on. I’m just looking out for your well-being. I’m unselfish like that.

Offline Faith

« Reply #690 on: April 16, 2019, 09:45:12 am »
Oh, I wouldn’t want to trouble you by restricting your wish to praise me. You simply don’t need that kind of stress, so please, do go on. I’m just looking out for your well-being. I’m unselfish like that.

Well, alrighty then. Except that my head is mush as I sit outside the courtroom 35 min early with nothing to do. I can't shake this feeling of dread, that something will go wrong ....... anxious ..... I wish it was that mild.

Offline Faith

« Reply #691 on: April 16, 2019, 09:48:01 am »
Oh, how about, the flowers pale in comparison to the glow emanating from the two ladies enjoying their outing.

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #692 on: April 16, 2019, 10:05:31 am »
Oh, how about, the flowers pale in comparison to the glow emanating from the two ladies enjoying their outing.

It's a valiant effort and a good start. You may continue.

As for the court date, if you've gotten this far the rest is a formality. After-pics outside the courthouse with the appropriate big smiles are required. You got this, girl!

Hugs!!!

Offline Faith

« Reply #693 on: April 16, 2019, 11:10:05 am »
It's a valiant effort and a good start. You may continue.

As for the court date, if you've gotten this far the rest is a formality. After-pics outside the courthouse with the appropriate big smiles are required. You got this, girl!

Hugs!!!

Uh-oh ... No pics. We had the granddaughter and had to rush her home for naptime.

Yeah, as anyone would figure, it was a rubber stamp event. I'll update in my thread, however, yes .. petition for name change approved. I am Faith Nicole.

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #694 on: April 16, 2019, 11:22:11 am »
Uh-oh ... No pics. We had the granddaughter and had to rush her home for naptime.

Yeah, as anyone would figure, it was a rubber stamp event. I'll update in my thread, however, yes .. petition for name change approved. I am Faith Nicole.

SQUEEE!

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #695 on: April 16, 2019, 11:33:19 am »
I just received my latest lab results:

Total serum estrogen 434 ng/ml.
Luteal phase range 130-460.
Originally 2582!

Estrone 71 ng/ml.
Luteal phase range 16-173.
Originally 1582!

These are the second results since I switched from oral to Estradiol Valerate injections. They were lower than they'd been originally last time, but now things are now exactly where they should be. Obviously the injections were just what I needed. Thank you Dr Powers!

Testosterone 4 pg/dl.
This is despite cutting my spiro dose in half. I’m trying to decide whether to halve it again or quit it altogether. It appears that, as mentioned as a possibility, the estradiol is suppressing T on its own. I'll be talking to my doctor about that.

Offline Donica

• I am smiling! Really!
« Reply #696 on: April 16, 2019, 05:41:30 pm »
Good lab results Steph. I can't tell the difference between both of your selfies with you and Cassie. Both of them look great. All 4 of you ;D
Rebirth June 9, 2017. Started HRT August 22, 2017. Came out June 16, 2017, Full time July 9, 2018.
Started FHR August 9, 2018, Started VFT September 19, 2018, Name and Gender change October 19. 2018.

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Family
« Reply #697 on: April 17, 2019, 08:30:08 am »
Good lab results Steph. I can't tell the difference between both of your selfies with you and Cassie. Both of them look great. All 4 of you ;D

Yes, we had quite a crowd. We each have a twin.

For what it’s worth, one of them was taken with the latest Samsung Galaxy phone, and the other with an iPhone X. I’m not telling you which is which, though, although anyone who knows me (Laurie!) will be able to guess. Comparisons might not be possible, though, since both were post-processed.

Stephanie

Offline Stevi

« Reply #698 on: April 17, 2019, 08:39:02 pm »
Steph,

Good to see you two out wearing your best smiles.  The outfits looked great, too.

Hug to you both,
Stei

Tags: