Author Topic: Jessica's Rose Garden  (Read 43608 times)

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: Jessica's Rose Garden
« Reply #920 on: August 17, 2020, 12:25:56 pm »
Susan and I went out for a little more shopping on Sunday. We had a few returns, but on Saturday I had discovered Victoria's Secret would honor an 'Angel Reward Card' which had expired at the end of May. The card was for over $100, so I wanted to use it before they changed their mind! I also decided to wear something new, but old. I bought this dress long before I realized I was transgender, it is one of the very few items I bought that long ago which still fit. An older lady at one of the stores told me I was 'so lucky to be able to wear a dress like that.' I couldn't agree more...
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out - Jessica Rose
GCS Thread - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019 - Jessica_Rose
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #921 on: August 17, 2020, 01:04:56 pm »
Uh??? Hot!!  Thanks for sharing and for saving something old!

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline mm

« Reply #922 on: August 18, 2020, 10:17:12 am »
Jessica_Rose, you are lucky to be able look great in that dress at your age.  You do take good care of yourself.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #923 on: August 21, 2020, 11:45:16 am »
The company I work for celebrates National Coming Out Day with a company-wide event. This year the event will be held October 8th, although due to COVID-19 it will be virtual. In late July, the event planning team sent out a call for stories. This year they asked for both 'coming out' stories and 'update' stories from those who had presented at previous events. They selected six stories, five 'coming out' stories and one 'update' story -- mine. I was told there were five people on the selection committee, and my video brought all of them to tears. Have some tissues handy...

The password is: 'susansplace'
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #924 on: August 21, 2020, 02:12:30 pm »
Thank you for sharing this with us.  Your situation is what so many of us strive for and just don't quite get there.  Best to all especially your loving wife.

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #925 on: August 25, 2020, 04:16:19 pm »
Thanks Allie. There are so many stories where spouses split up because of transition. I wanted others to know that it is possible to transition without losing those you love, but it takes patience, and a very special spouse. I have asked Susan many times why she stayed, and she always answers with 'because I love you'.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #926 on: August 25, 2020, 06:09:38 pm »
Thanks Allie. There are so many stories where spouses split up because of transition. I wanted others to know that it is possible to transition without losing those you love, but it takes patience, and a very special spouse. I have asked Susan many times why she stayed, and she always answers with 'because I love you'.

For sure, love prevails.

Love always,

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #927 on: August 25, 2020, 08:51:20 pm »
Thank you Jessica. A powerful testimonial, and very hopeful.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #928 on: August 30, 2020, 08:57:21 pm »
About two weeks ago I mentioned a new dress I found at Nordstrom Rack. I took a few photos of it today, the wind was playing havoc with my hair, but I think they came out nice.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #929 on: August 31, 2020, 03:43:10 am »
Very nice, wish I had your figure !!! Looking super dear XXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #930 on: August 31, 2020, 08:25:40 am »
Thanks @davina61 ! I certainly wished I looked like this in my teens, or twenties, or thirties, or forties... it took a long time to get here.

Saturday morning a neighbor hosted a 'Driveway Donuts' get-together. They had moved in several months ago and wanted to meet their neighbors. Susan was ready first (a rare occurrence), so she left the house first and I arrived a few minutes later. We stayed for nearly two hours and met several neighbors, many of whom I had never met before. A few people asked Susan which house she lived in, after talking to Susan for a few minutes they would ask me which house I lived in. I answered with 'same house as Susan'. The universal response was 'Oh', followed by questions like 'where do you work?' No one ever asked any questions about our relationship. Someone asked Susan if she had any grandchildren, then they turned to me and asked the same question! One neighbor who knew my story was there, and she never mentioned anything about my past to the others. Everyone we met was very friendly, and there were no awkward moments.

Although Susan is comfortable being with me, she prefers not mentioning our relationship to others. Maybe one day the world will change enough that she will be comfortable revealing our truth.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #931 on: September 18, 2020, 08:08:56 pm »
I had two electrolysis sessions this week, totaling 3.5 hours. My electrologist had been away for nearly three weeks, but thanks to COVID-19 and wearing a mask, I was able to go without shaving while she was out of town. Not shaving for so long allowed her to differentiate between peach fuzz and the coarse/longer hairs that needed treatment. Although were quite a few hairs that needed work, the number is definitely dwindling.

I had a medical check-up on Tuesday, and everything was fine: BP 96/70, pulse 56, oxygen saturation 98%. There was a reason for the check-up, something that I'm still getting lined up. Once I am sure that everything is in place, I'll make a post about it. I also had a mammogram earlier today, it was my first since having a breast augmentation last year. I was expecting a lot of discomfort, but it wasn't too bad. I should receive the results next week. The lady who performed the mammogram said my surgeon (Dr. Ley) did a great job on the augmentation, she also asked me if I had ever been pregnant! I just answered 'no'.

I received confirmation that my 'update' video, actually a newer version with both me and Susan speaking, will be used during my company's National Coming Out Day event scheduled for 8 October. I was also asked to write something for our LGBTQ+ newsletter concerning the Transgender Day of Remembrance, and was told my article would be published just before 20 Nov. I will post that article here in early November.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #932 on: September 20, 2020, 09:10:01 am »
@Jessica_Rose,

JessicaRose,

Thank you for taking your time to answer my question and for being so receptive for me to continue to ask you for your advice and opinions.  You are so kind.

Have a wonderful and joyful day!    :)   :eusa_dance: :icon_biggrin: :icon_bumdance-nerd: :icon_dance: :icon_joy: :icon_cute: :icon_rockon: :icon_woowoo: :icon_walk: :icon_lol: :icon_wink: :icon_geekdance: :icon_giggle: :icon_pelvic_thrust: :icon_pelvic_thrust2: :icon_wave:   :)

Thank you very much! 

Hugs,

Chrissy

[26000]
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #933 on: September 22, 2020, 08:49:19 pm »
I have reached a point in my life that I thought was an impossible dream, yet something still bothers me. The facial surgery I had last year was a major improvement, but it wasn't enough of a change. Most people readily accept who I have become, and no one questions my gender. However, they don't see what I see -- reminders of the person I used to be. He faithfully protected me for decades and gave his life so I could be free, but now he is a painful reminder of my past. It's difficult to let him go when I see him every day.

A few weeks ago I contacted the Meltzer Clinic for another round of FFS. I plan to have mandibular contouring and genioplasty, most likely followed by a facelift. Since many people have delayed surgery due to COVID-19, the lead time was only 5 - 6 weeks. I've made a deposit and scheduled the first round of surgery for 13 Oct, with a facelift in early 2021. I had an EKG last week and received clearance for surgery. I will have a video consultation with Dr. Ley on 28 September (she already has x-rays of my skull), and I should receive more details about the procedures and scheduling then.

As others have said, FFS is the true 'gender confirmation surgery'. Our faces are what people recognize and see everyday, and our faces are an important aspect of how we view ourselves. Although Susan is not pleased with my decision, I think she understands. Oddly, the decision is causing me some anguish as well. I don't know if it's the expectation of post-surgical discomfort, concern that I may not be happy with the results, or the realization that I may soon no longer be haunted by the reflection of the person I used to be. Unless something unexpected comes along, I only have three weeks to wait...

If anyone was wondering, my mammogram results were 'normal'.

I also found a new dress at Ross for $8.99! Definitely something my parents would not have let me wear when I was a teenager. Now I just need the confidence to wear it in public.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #934 on: September 23, 2020, 04:02:35 am »
Loving the new dress , good luck with face work. Sometimes we are our own worse critics and see things other do not ,I think its your memory /brain that causes it and takes a long time to adjust .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Tags: mtf hrt transition journal