Author Topic: Rachel Montgomery's Journey (Part I?)  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Emma1017

Re: Rachel Montgomery's Journey (Part I?)
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2021, 09:00:49 am »

Rachel never feel like you are fishing for a compliment.  The people here are the best because they care.  We are all victims and the hugs and support help us get through those really dark moments. 

You deserve the pat on the back!  Progress is so important and sometimes we are our own worst enemy.  We attack ourselves all the time.  We need others to defend us.

Congratulations on the weight loss.  That is tremendous!!!!

Hugs,

Emma

The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

Online Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2021, 08:29:58 pm »
Thank you Emma.  You are sweet.

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2021, 05:01:00 pm »
Sorry for poking my nose in here, but... Rachel, I'd like to point you to one of my icons in life.

Her name is Floor Jansen. She's the lead vocalist for the Symphonic Metal band Nightwish. She's 6'1" tall. And she owns it like no one I've ever seen. She has the nickname "The Valkyrie". And, well, she kinda looks like you (from your avatar picture, anyway).

Massive congratulations on losing weight, sweetie. That is no mean feat, and something you should be very proud of.

*megahuggles*

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2021, 06:34:00 pm »
Hello Rachel,

Congratulations on the weight loss, no small feat.

I am 6'1" too. I learned that clothing can help with proportion.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Online Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2021, 09:37:42 pm »
I wish I was out enough to have a female help me pick our clothes that flatter me.

Online Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2021, 09:43:46 pm »
Sorry for poking my nose in here, but... Rachel, I'd like to point you to one of my icons in life.

Her name is Floor Jansen. She's the lead vocalist for the Symphonic Metal band Nightwish. She's 6'1" tall. And she owns it like no one I've ever seen. She has the nickname "The Valkyrie". And, well, she kinda looks like you (from your avatar picture, anyway).

Massive congratulations on losing weight, sweetie. That is no mean feat, and something you should be very proud of.

*megahuggles*

Thanks.  My first impression was, I don’t see the resemblance.  Then, I started breaking the comparison down element by element. 

Hair, no.

Eyes—-yes actually.
Nose—sort of, yes.
Mouth—maybe not quite.  My mouth is smaller, whether it looks that way in the avatar or not.  And, I am clearly heavier, and my face is fuller in the chin area.  But, I can see the resemblance you were noticing. 

Cool.

Online RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2021, 11:33:44 pm »

*megahuggles*
Thanks for introducing me to Floor Jansen and Nightwish, Sephirah. I listened to some of their music on Youtube and liked it. She's an amazing singer -- 3 octaves!

I finally found a scene where she stood with the whole band for bows, and she's the tallest by a couple of inches. And like you said, she owns it. Inspirational!
Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal