Author Topic: Kathryn's Chronicles  (Read 17927 times)

Offline KateR

• Kate
Re: Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #340 on: February 23, 2021, 07:38:01 am »
Good morning all

Today I pretty much have all the feeling back on the top of my head.   There may be a very small area still left to come back.  I'm not really sure.  So maybe let's call it close enough.

May 5th is the date for the rest of my FFS.  As I understand  it, I've already completed the harder of the two recoveries.

Today I get my first COVID vaccination.  Yeah!  (Never thought I'd be so happy to get stuck with a needle.)

Patty & I have found a therapist for some couples counseling.  I’m grateful as it something I think we desperately need.  Pains and hurts from the last 25 years are haunting me.  Additionally, I need to know she truly is ready and ok with me having GCS.

Finally after record low temperatures last week, today's high is supposed to be around 70 F.  Thank you Danielle [mention]Northern Star Girl [/mention] for taking your winter weather back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2021, 08:02:13 am »
Found this on Facebook.  Can’t resist not sharing!

Kate

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2021, 11:44:31 am »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Very cute and appropriate!!!  I trust that things will start warming up for you soon.
You probably know the old saying....

March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a Lamb.

Hugs,
Danielle

Found this on Facebook.  Can’t resist not sharing!

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2021, 12:57:23 pm »
In our neck of the woods I think it’s the other way around.

March comes in like lamb and goes out like I lion.

End of March is when we go into severe storm season.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #344 on: February 24, 2021, 07:48:24 am »
Totally unrelated from transitioning or being trans, but I'm going to share anyway.

This coming October, Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida will be 50 years old.

On Facebook you can find lots of pictures of the ‘Castle Cake’ from the 25th anniversary celebration.

I remember that Castle Cake.

If you were to visit our home you'll find that patty & I are Mickey & Minnie freaks.   Almost everything we have is of the two of them together enjoying each others company in love.

It's hard to believe that we’ve been doing ‘Disney Trip’ for over 25 years ( for me personally 35 years ).

Thinking back on it, I'm no longer able to count the number of trips I've made.  Maybe that's why I can drive all over Orlando without needing google maps.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #345 on: March 15, 2021, 12:34:42 am »
Hmmm....

Another post, not directly trans related, but more trans related than my last post.

I live in the heart of MAGA country, probably not the safest place to be if you’re Trans.

So after a lot of soul searching and conversation, my lovely spouse and I decided to sell our home and move back to the Kansas City area.

We have a low-ball offer for our home.  I know this because when we started this process, I admitted I knew what it cost me to build the place, but had no idea what it was worth; so I paid for a couple of appraisals.

After a couple of go ‘rounds the buyers are offering $2000 less than my appraised value. 

OK we’re finally in the ball park. 

Unfortunately, they want me to throw in my custom golf cart. 

This thing started life as a heavily used white fleet cart from a golf course.  It’s been painted, had carpet and colored upholstery added / replaced, had the electrical system rebuilt / upgraded, a 4 speaker satellite stereo added, street legal tires and custom wheels, and some other odds and ends.  It’s street legal and will run fast enough that I could get a speeding ticket if I was running it full throttle on our neighborhood street. It also has my DNA on it from the times I cut myself, especially from the time I was guilty of ‘alcohol abuse’ and broke a nearly full bottle of Michelob Amber Bock beer.

The local golf cart dealer said he could easily get $12,000 for it.

So this is where I’m at.  I’ll accept the $748k offer for the house, $12k for the golf cart, and $3k for aggravating / irritating / pissing me off!  That’s a total of $763k.

question:  is adding the $3k for my annoyance a fair mark up?

Kate

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #346 on: March 15, 2021, 03:41:36 am »
Well that will teach them for low balling!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

« Reply #347 on: March 15, 2021, 06:07:39 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:

Or ....
...you could just charge them $15K (or more) for your custom Golf Cart instead of $12K

Problem solved!!!   It has sentimental value to you!!!!

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Online ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #348 on: March 15, 2021, 06:12:56 pm »
Hmmm....

Another post, not directly trans related, but more trans related than my last post.

I live in the heart of MAGA country, probably not the safest place to be if you’re Trans.

So after a lot of soul searching and conversation, my lovely spouse and I decided to sell our home and move back to the Kansas City area.

We have a low-ball offer for our home.  I know this because when we started this process, I admitted I knew what it cost me to build the place, but had no idea what it was worth; so I paid for a couple of appraisals.

After a couple of go ‘rounds the buyers are offering $2000 less than my appraised value. 

OK we’re finally in the ball park. 

Unfortunately, they want me to throw in my custom golf cart. 

This thing started life as a heavily used white fleet cart from a golf course.  It’s been painted, had carpet and colored upholstery added / replaced, had the electrical system rebuilt / upgraded, a 4 speaker satellite stereo added, street legal tires and custom wheels, and some other odds and ends.  It’s street legal and will run fast enough that I could get a speeding ticket if I was running it full throttle on our neighborhood street. It also has my DNA on it from the times I cut myself, especially from the time I was guilty of ‘alcohol abuse’ and broke a nearly full bottle of Michelob Amber Bock beer.

The local golf cart dealer said he could easily get $12,000 for it.

So this is where I’m at.  I’ll accept the $748k offer for the house, $12k for the golf cart, and $3k for aggravating / irritating / pissing me off!  That’s a total of $763k.

question:  is adding the $3k for my annoyance a fair mark up?

Must you take the offer for the house?   Is this a seller’s market or a slower market where you are at?
Do they wish you to give them the cart and the house for their house offer price?

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2021, 09:45:25 pm »
Hi all:

I forgot to update you.

We signed to sell the house at $748, and kept the golf cart!

I’m looking so forward to moving on with my life!

Kate

« Reply #350 on: March 17, 2021, 09:51:48 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Thank you for sharing your update regarding selling your home.....
.... and you keep the Golf Cart !!!

Good news is good to hear.   :)

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #351 on: March 23, 2021, 09:58:45 am »
The one negative thing I will always remember about my transition is this:  The amount of time I feel stuck in-between.

Granted COVID has a lot to do with the delays I’ve endured, and I know that everyone has endured some delays, and in some countries, years long delays.

I guess I’m just feeling it rather intensely at the moment.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #352 on: April 04, 2021, 03:37:59 pm »
Estradiol is wonderful!

OK we have a contract to sell the house, and I need to take care of some minor maintenance.

So I dug out the one ‘back in the day’ outfit I saved for an occasion like this.

Here’s what I learned.

The pull over jacket hurts like hell when I pull it over my chest, and the worthless old pair of boat shoes hurt my feet and ankles.

Isn’t estradiol wonderful?

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2021, 11:55:50 am »
What do you all think of my new earrings?

I really like them!

Kate

« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2021, 12:10:00 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Thank you for posting and sharing once again on your blog/thread. 
It has been over a month since you last shared with me and the rest of you followers.   
I missed see and reading your updates !!!

Hmmm, your new earrings  :)   I thought that they were headphones or fancy earbuds ;) :o ::)
I hope that you are doing OK and healing well.... how long will that take? ???

HUGS and best wishes, 
Danielle

What do you all think of my new earrings?

I really like them!

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #355 on: May 06, 2021, 01:01:49 pm »
Wow I can't believe it's been a month since I posted anything.  However April was one whirlwind of a month.

We closed on the sale of our Oklahoma home the morning of April 23rd.  With that sale I pocketed mid 6 digits and am officially debt free.

We signed on the new place that same afternoon.

The movers packed on April 21st and loaded the 22nd.  We held back an air mattress, the bedding, a week's worth of clothes and most importantly some wine, bourbon, coffee, and COFFEE POT!

There was a one day delay in the delivery so we camped in our new place until Tuesday 4/27, which also happened to be our 25th wedding anniversary.

We did take a break from unpacking and tried out a new local restaurant for dinner. Then Friday we had dinner at the restaurant where I proposed to patty.  Things have changed in the 26 years since what originally was a lunch, and when I went to pay the check, I took the opportunity to tell the waitress (who was also the manager that night) our story, including me being trans, and how the restaurant was laid out 26 years ago, and where we sitting for that meal. To my surprise she handed me my Amex card back, wadded up the check and informed me our dinner was at no charge! (I did leave a large cash tip.)

This was a move to be closer to family, and being here has already paid off.  We already seen our children and grandchildren more times than we saw them all of last year!

My stress level is way down.  I’m perfectly comfortable being out and about as me. I know a lot of it is the increase in my activity level, but I've lost 6 pounds this month. 

Yes, yesterday, Dr. Markey completed my FFS.

The compression bandages came off this morning.

My triage room was right across the the hall from the operating room so I barely got the refrain of “I’m gonna wash that man right outta my hair” sung before I was out.

And yes Apple Face ID has decided I'm not the owner of this phone.

Ok Dr. Markey took off my earnings this morning.  Here’s todays pic.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 04:45:12 pm by KateR »
Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #356 on: May 06, 2021, 04:42:42 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Thank you for posting and sharing once again on your blog/thread. 
It has been over a month since you last shared with me and the rest of you followers.   
I missed see and reading your updates !!!

Hmmm, your new earrings  :)   I thought that they were headphones or fancy earbuds ;) :o ::)
I hope that you are doing OK and healing well.... how long will that take? ???

HUGS and best wishes, 
Danielle

Actual they were suction drains to drain the excess fluid out of the incisions behind my ears - hence my calling them earrings.

Like all plastic surgeries it will be about a year before the final results settle in.

I'm glad I took that selfie as my wife was driving me home.  Right now I look more like a cantaloupe.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2021, 05:12:26 pm »
Here’s the selfy I took the day the bandages came off.

Yeah my hair was a total mess.  That was the best I could do and I took my brush and comb from home with me, and tried to comb it out before I took the picture.

We’ll gloss over the cantaloupe pictures.  Actually I avoided looking in the mirror during that time and, truthfully, I didn’t take any.

Here’s today’s selfy.  So this is day 8 after FFS.

Still a little puffy but much better than a week ago.  I am a little concerned about the left side of my face.  It’s definitely going to recover slower than the right side because I developed a hematoma that had to be aspirated.  Dr. Markey thinks it’s going to heal up just fine.  He’s been correct every step of the way so far, so I chose to believe him.

I am keeping my hair tied back to keep it out of the suture lines around my ears, and I’m still unpacking.

Being back in KC has been wonderful.

We see our kids & grandkids almost weekly.  They’re all so accepting.   

In public I’m recognized as myself, a woman, and treated with respect.  I’ve bought shelving from Costco, a couple of times and while I’m still able to pick up the box (barely), men have stopped to help me load them into my truck.

My truck, how has it changed….   It’s now, most definitely, a woman’s truck!  It’s a long way from one of my customers teasing me that I had developed a testosterone leak shortly after I bought it.   I denied it, but conceded that if I ever hung those mock bull balls off the trailer hitch, then he might be correct about me.

Earlier this week I received an email from starlight theatre, the local summer stock theatre with the 2021 season info.  So I purchased 2 season tickets via the website.  I typoed my name so I had to call them.

Well as it turns out they still had the original account info.  So they transferred the order back to that original account, and reset my seniority to reflect all the prior years we held season tickets.  Since I don’t currently have season tickets, I bought into a section and the actual seats I get will be based on seniority.  So resetting seniority places me higher in queue to be assigned seats as if I had requested to move closer to the stage.

So it’s been a good week!

Kate

« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2021, 05:28:47 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Wow, I can certainly see a positive change in your appearance in just 8 days after your surgery.
The swelling will continue to go down....  I can now see your cheek bones!!! :) :)

I imagine that you are in less discomfort as well.

Thank you for sharing and keeping me and the rest of your followers update.

HUGS and best wishes and speedy healing.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #359 on: May 18, 2021, 10:25:22 pm »
Well I had minor setback in my FFS recovery. 

Over the weekend I developed a second hemotoma.

This time it was under my chin.

Dr. Markey aspirated it and drained 16 cc out of it.  Ugh.

The first surgery went so well, maybe too well. 

Dr. Markey bemoaned the fact that in his entire career he’s only had to aspirate 3 hemotomas.  Of course 2 of those were me!  (He was teasing me.)

So 24 hours of compress again….

Kate

Tags: