Author Topic: Kathryn's Chronicles  (Read 9154 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2020, 11:16:47 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kate:
I love reading good news reports of affirming things happening, and the special attention you received when getting fuel for you car.

Aweee .... girls night out, sounds like fun.... what are the fun plans? ???

I hope that you get the news that you are desiring from your doctor... 

Keep your updates coming.... 

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #221 on: June 24, 2020, 08:00:16 am »
Danielle

Thanks for asking about tonight’s plans.

Since this is are first time back together since the lock down it’s going to be fairly low keyed.  We’re meeting at a restaurant called “Mickey’s Hideaway” and it’s Red Dress night.  So we’re all going to be wearing a red(ish) dresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #222 on: June 24, 2020, 04:55:16 pm »
Preliminary read of today’s ‘big squeeze’ is:

Gynecomastia, but no other abnormalities.

And since the gynecomastia is ‘intentional’ we’ll take  pictures again next year.

I do have to give them credit.  Since they understood my trans status, they skipped over the period and pregnancy stuff.

( Little do they know; even though motherhood is not in the cards for me, I wouldn’t reject it. )

Kate

« Reply #223 on: June 24, 2020, 05:05:48 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kate:
I am glad to read that your Mammogram Test came out OK.... continued frequent testing is always a good thing to have done.
Here is a thread that I posted last year that may be of interest to you....
                                Mammogram alert
HUGS,
Danielle

Preliminary read of today’s ‘big squeeze’ is:

Gynecomastia, but no other abnormalities.

And since the gynecomastia is ‘intentional’ we’ll take  pictures again next year.

I do have to give them credit.  Since they understood my trans status, they skipped over the period and pregnancy stuff.

( Little do they know; even though motherhood is not in the cards for me, I wouldn’t reject it. )

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2020, 12:58:30 pm »
Good Morning friends:

It’s been a while since I posted and I thought you all would like to know what’s going on.

Most recently we had the carpets cleaned and in moving stuff for the carpet cleaner I found a plaque from a renaissance festival.   It reads ‘Beware of the Wench.’   Well as a person who has a wife, an ex-wife, and 3 daughters, when I was asked ‘Who’s the Wench?’  My response was always ‘Can’t tell you, it changes on daily basis!’  Why am I sharing this?  I observed that lately “I’ve been the Wench!”

Additionally, in this blog I’ve wanted to share not only my physical successes (and occasional setbacks), I’ve wanted to share some inside stuff as well.

I’ve realized that my biggest fear in my life is that I won’t be able to complete this transition.  There are two parts to that fear.  First is that something would happen medically that would stop it or kill me.  My response is that of the two, the later is preferred and I’ve gone so far as to tell my wife, if she has to, please bury ‘Kate.’  Second is the fear that I never make it to fully live as the woman I am.  It’s not a physical thing. It’s a mental thing where I see other women and long to have that personality, or be that free, or even have some sexiness about me.

I have no reason to doubt I will complete this journey, but I have to acknowledge the fear is a repeat visitor.

Physically, electrolysis on my face is almost over.

Unfortunately Dr. Bluebond-Langer confirmed a suspicion that I’ve had.   I need to have some permanent hair removal down there before the next surgery. 

I politely broached the subject with my electrologist.   She indicated that with some documentation from my therapist, she is willing to do it for me.  She bluntly stated ‘I don’t work on men.’ However she was willing to work on me.  She has done before for patients of other surgeons. 

Had my final follow-up from my orchi last week.  That’s healed up nicely.  There is still the scar treatment that I will be doing for the next few months.  During one of those little self treatments, I felt the need to poke around a bit and make sure those two little pains were gone.  They were!!!

Things are moving forward.  Yea!!!

Kate

« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2020, 01:28:07 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
I have been waiting and waiting for your next update...
....thank you for posting and sharing and keeping me and the rest
of your followers in the loop regarding what is going on with you.

I had to laugh a bit regarding your "wench" comments!!!

I am glad that you Orchi post-surgery experiences are OK and that you are healing well.

Oh yes... permanent hair removal down there before the next surgery is indeed a necessary evil... it can make anyone a "wench" !!!   :D :o
... OH and be sure to bring along something to bite on while the procedure is going on... and after!!!

I am always wishing you well, we are your biggest fans and are always
wanting you to have happiness and success.

Thank you for posting and sharing.

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2020, 08:00:12 am »
Hi all

I’m a bit remiss in posting this.

Our youngest daughter and her family visited over the Fourth of July weekend.  It’s the first time they’ve been here since I fully came out.

When they arrived, her youngest daughter came up to me and the first thing she said as she gave me a big hug was “I like your new name.”

Aren’t grandchildren wonderful?

(Yeah I know the hug was a big social distancing violation, but how do you not love on your grandchildren.)

Kate

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2020, 10:09:33 am »
Beautiful child.  What a nice thing to hear Kate!

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #228 on: July 16, 2020, 11:09:21 am »
Sometimes big businesses like Microsoft are too big. 

You may, or may not know that Microsoft bought LinkedIn a few years back.  Well I’ve been slowly changing over my online world to Kathryn & Kate, and a few months ago I changed my Microsoft information over.

LinkedIn was going to be one of the last, if not the last, I was going to change.  Probably the main reason for that is that I’m still looking for the ‘You Look Fabulous Darling’ picture to be my new profile picture.

Well this morning I had a reason to get on LinkedIn, and lo and behold, the profile pops up Kathryn with my 10 year old photo from ‘back in the day.’

Well I took that photo down, and just left my profile as it now is.

I don’t really care.  I do wish Microsoft would have let me change everything at one time vs. piecemealing it.

So moral to the story; If you want to keep your LinkedIn as your dead name, don’t change any Microsoft account info!

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2020, 01:29:49 pm »
Do you believe in prophetic events?

Let me share some backstory first.

I graduated from the University of Missouri (Mizzou).

Back at the turn of the Century (seems like such a long time ago) the University embarked on a Billion dollar capital campaign.  That was back when a billion dollars was some real money.  I donated.

Toward the end of the campus construction boon the university and the alumni association designated part of the new main concourse through campus 'Traditions Plaza'.  The plaza is paved with bricks and for a nominal fee you could be forever memorialized with an engraved brick.  In 2011, I purchased a brick for myself.

The main values of the university, and they've been the same for as long as I can rember, are Tradition, Responsibility, Respect, Pride, Diversity, and Discovery.  The Plaza is sectioned according to those values.

Well I finally got around to locating the brick that was installed for me back in 2012, back when I was still strenuously suppressing my true identity.

It's located in Diversity.

Given where I am today, transitioning to live the rest of my life as I truly am, I thought how appropriate.

Then the realization that even though I didn't accept it, someone or something knew what I was ultimately  going to decide I needed to do, and put the brick where it belonged.

I guess the next question is what will it cost me to pull the old brick up which has my dead name, and replace it with my real name.  Alas, a question for another day.

Kate

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2020, 02:03:22 pm »
You should trust in the force of nature, not a full on "believer/ wierdo"  but I do find stuff works out.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2020, 10:03:41 am »
Congrats on your diversity Kate.
That IS pretty kool.

Laughing when I read "back when a billion dollars was some real money"

Hugs girl

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2020, 11:19:21 am »
Well the clean out of my home office continues.  It’s amazing how much crud can be collected over a 30 year career.  This is even after destroying client files which I started very soon after my retirement.

Two items I found were books; John Gray’s Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus and a book entitled “The Spirit Filled Father’s Guide to Total Victory”.  They both were given to me and frankly I don’t think I spent hardly any time reading either book.

As I looked at them I felt some anger.  I never was a man!  Yeah that was the facade that people saw.  However, it never was me!

The books are in the box to be donated to the thrift store.

Kate

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2020, 05:23:20 pm »
Two items I found were books; John Gray’s Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus and a book entitled “The Spirit Filled Father’s Guide to Total Victory”.  They both were given to me and frankly I don’t think I spent hardly any time reading either book.

From what I remember, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus is full of unsubstantiated content. I don't think it cites any research and I think it just shows what is stereotypical.
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2020, 12:01:13 pm »
Well I screwed up a bit yesterday.

Our oldest granddaughter brought 2 friends here to the lake this past weekend.  So there was a lot of time spent boating.

Sunday, being patch change day, kinda got half done.  The old patch was removed when I took a shower.  The new patch didn’t get put on - until this morning.

You know what, I feel emotionally yucky!

Who da thought 24 hours without a patch would affect me so much!

Kate

« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2020, 04:33:37 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Based on my own experience, going ONE DAY without my patch, and even missing my oral doses/meds for one day was not a disaster.

Of course I am not a Doctor so my non-medical personal experience and opinion is just that..,.,.

Next time you have an appointment with your doctor you could ask them the question and see what they say.

For me, it was more of a mental thing missing the patch or dose and then my imagination went wild.

HUGS,
Danielle

Well I screwed up a bit yesterday.

Our oldest granddaughter brought 2 friends here to the lake this past weekend.  So there was a lot of time spent boating.

Sunday, being patch change day, kinda got half done.  The old patch was removed when I took a shower.  The new patch didn’t get put on - until this morning.

You know what, I feel emotionally yucky!

Who da thought 24 hours without a patch would affect me so much!

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2020, 03:07:15 pm »
Well I took another small step down the road of transition.

I booked my travel for my October appointments with the NYU Langone Transgender program.

I kept debating fly vs. drive.  I finally decided to fly it. 

Basically I found a round trip flight with Delta that is on a smaller jet where I would have no one sitting next to me.  It’s a first class ticket so it’s pricier, but I really want to minimize my Covid risk.

Another small step forward!

Kate

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2020, 04:06:23 pm »
You are first class Kate :)
Peace of mind.  It's booked.

I'm on the schedule there for consult with Dr RBL June 2021.  Time will tell how realistic NYC is for me, but it sounds like we were reaching out to some of the same surgeons.

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2020, 05:57:59 pm »
Maddie

Follow up with them periodically and let them know you would be willing to fill a cancellation slot (if you’re professional life would allow it.)

I was originally scheduled in December.  I am also consulting with Dr. Rodriguez for FFS.  So when I was setting my appointment with him, Rachel just took a moment to look at Dr. RBL’s schedule and note she had a cancellation for the day before my appointment for FFS.  So I asked for it.  It eliminated 1 trip to New York for me.

Kate

« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2020, 08:48:40 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn...

Wishing you
....a very :icon_flower: :icon_flower: Happy Birthday :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
I hope that your special day includes time with family and friends...
... with  Candles and CAKE.

HUGS and best wishes on your special day and birthday.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Tags: