Author Topic: Kathryn's Chronicles  (Read 9918 times)

Offline KateR

• Kate
Re: Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2020, 02:57:18 pm »
I wish I could lose weight

As easily as I lose;

My car keys, my cell phone, my pen, my purse, my temper, and even my mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2020, 03:00:29 pm »
Well it was a sad day in the neighborhood.

About 18 months ago, Mickey Mouse celebrated his 90th birthday.  After weeks searching for a package of Mickey 90th Birthday Oreo Cookies in NOWHERE Oklahoma, I accidentally stumbled on a case of 12 packages.  I bought the case!

Sadly, September 4th, the last cookie has been consumed!

Yes, it was a sad day in the neighborhood.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #262 on: September 09, 2020, 03:01:34 pm »
Here is today’s math word problem:

If your space traveler cat catches the coronavirus and you divide it by the number of wild fires that were in the double hurricanes, how many murder hornets would have to die in police shootings for the asteroid to miss the earth this November?

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #263 on: September 09, 2020, 03:06:02 pm »
Final thought for today;

I'm getting old(er) and I have just realized I still have so many unanswered questions!

I never found out who let the dogs out... the way to get to Sesame Street... why Dora doesn't just use Google Maps... why we don't ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"... why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed... why "abbreviated" is such a long word... why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dish-washing liquid is made with real lemons... why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections... and, why do you have to "put your two cents in" but it's only a "penny for your thoughts" where's that extra penny going to... why do The Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same tune... why did you just try to sing those two previous songs... and just what is Victoria's secret? ...and do you really think I am this witty ?? ...

I actually stole this from a friend who stole it from a friend of her brother's girlfriend's Uncle's cousin's, baby mamma's Doctor...

Now it is your turn to steal it from me...

lol Enjoy the rest of your day! xx p.s. copy and paste. Hahahahahahahaha, needed a laugh today.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2020, 07:24:57 pm »
Yup, I know.  it's been too long since I posted.

Well over the last 10 days, Patty & Kate finally took their, thrice rescheduled due to Covid, Florida trip.

It was fun except for the 2 days in Florida where I was consistently mis-gendered.  The first day was Tuesday, and I'll admit by the end of the day I was pretty pissed.  The second day was Friday.  It wasn't as bad.

Driving home we had a little discomfort during a gasoline, and lunch stop.   We stopped in Lakeland Florida, filled up and then went inside to the wendys and bought sandwiches to go.  We felt we were being stared at.  I guess the locals in the vintage 1980s pickup truck struggled with 2 women driving around in a late model Platinum Edition Cadillac.  We didnt hang around to find out.  We made a b-line back to the interstate and didn’t stop again until Atlanta.

I will say the southeastern US is probably not a good place to be outted as Trans right now.

My FFS Consult in Kansas City was pushed back from this Friday to next Tuesday. 

My bigger problem is that I just found out Oklahoma is one of the 35 states that travel from has been banned by New York.  So at this point I'm not sure I'm going to have any consults in October.  They say I have to quarantime for 14 days.  I only planned on being there less than 2 days; arrive in the morning, meet Dr. RBL, go to the hotel and hide out in the room, go back the next day to meet Dr. Rodriguez, then fly home.  So I guess I need to dig into this.

Oh back to the Florida trip.  I hadn't realized how worn the grips were on Patty’s golf clubs.  So we deciddd to get the clubs regripped.  Well in the process I started looking at other parts of the clubs.  Well, almost $1500 later, Patty had new grips and new shafts and new heads and new headcovers.

Yup I decided she needed new clubs, and encouraged her to choose a set-which she did.

Finally, I did get a new charm for my pandora bracelet.  That was fun.

Well that's everything going on in my world at the moment.  Hope your safe and healthy.  Until next time.

Kate

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2020, 11:23:53 am »
@KateR
Dear Kate;
Thank you for keeping me and the rest of your followers updated.

Wishing you well with handling the trials and tribulations of transitioning... and the additional difficulties of all the COVID-19 rules, regulations, restrictions, etc etc.

Hang in there and continue to be a positive person... I know that it can be a daunting task with all that is going on in the world and locally.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2020, 10:30:12 am »
Good morning:

I hope you all are safe & healthy.

Well we’ve been home for almost week now.  It sunny, the weather is cooling off some.

I had to make an unplanned trip to my primary care physician yesterday.  Apparently, my 3 rounds through swampy Florida golf courses led to the spider bite on my ankle getting infected.  So I’m on 100mg of Doxycycline twice a day.   My ankle is starting to look better.  However we had a real cool side conversation during the visit.

As I mentioned before, Dr. Jeff Markey trained at NYU and has since moved back to Kansas City.

My PCP knows Dr. Markey, and thought it was great that I was having a consult with him on Tuesday.   I knew he had privileges with the health system I’ve been using, however I found out that even though he’s out of network, he does accept my insurance.   So maybe I have the option of a single case agreement for his service and all the hospital stuff would be in network.  If if his fees stay out of network it would probably still be cheaper for me as I have many places to stay in Kansas City!  Travel expenses would be minimal.

Of course assuming this all works out, I’m going to have to come up with a better song to be singing other than ‘Kansas City’.  I’m not sure I could rewrite the words to better fit this trip.

The other good thing is:  I’ve lost 4 of the 5 pounds of weight I put on while in Florida; a step back in the right direction.  Now I need to really get to work on my quarantine 19.   My BMI is running about 32 right now, and I know I have to get it down before I can have bottom surgery.  So I’m wondering about weight watchers, Jenny Craig or Noom.   Anybody who has thoughts, please chime in.

Patty & I had a bit of an awkward conversation earlier this week.   She asked what I wanted for Christmas.   I paused, and apparently I displayed a funny look on my face.  Then she interjected “you’re surgeries.”  I said “yes that was the first thought that came to my mind.”  Two years ago that was a show stopper.  Today we can have a real conversation about.   I love her!!!!!

Finally, the shopping queen has been at it again.  I’m not looking for outfits as much as I’m looking for face masks to compliment my outfits.  However I did find 2 that I had to buy.

One says “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made” and another says “Female, the original iron Man” and the last says “I won’t be remembered as a woman who kept her mouth shut”.   I guess patty was right.  I am and always have been a feminist.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2020, 12:26:30 pm »
Well I hard a wonderful visit with Dr. Markey yesterday.  I was honest.  We discussed what I had accomplished, what my plans were, and about my upcoming visit to NYU.

He said keep the visit with Dr. Rodriguez at NYU.  I will do that.

He gave me his recommendations which were less aggressive than Dr. Spiegel’s.

This morning I talked to Aetna and they confirmed he and his practice are in network.

So I asked my therapist’s office for another letter and conceded at this point we’re beyond fees and into bottles of wine as payment.

I called Dr. Market’s office back this morning and said I wanted to proceed with next steps which are x-rays / cat scan to understand my bone structure.

I’m cautiously optimistic I might get at least part of my Christmas wish - one of my surgeries.

Kate

« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2020, 12:34:21 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Regarding your last 2 posts, I read them as good news, and the fact that you are making some progress regarding insurances, doctors, surgeries.

It was nice to read that you are having good productive and informative conversations with your therapist... very important for sure.

I trust, hope and pray that you will get your Christmas wish and maybe more ???

Thanks for keeping us all updated, I will be eagerly looking for your next postings on your thread and perhaps other various threads around the Forums.

HUGS, and wishing you success and happiness,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2020, 08:30:28 pm »
Those of you who live in less urban areas will understand this:

When I get to heaven, I’m going to ask God why s/he made deer so dumb.

Yes heading home this evening one decided to play chicken and try to get across the road in front of me.

All is good though, the collision avoidance system in my truck works great - 65 MPH to 0 in about 1.5 seconds.

Only one who might claim he was injured is St. Patrick (our Blue Heeler).  If it wasn’t for the leash holding him to his car seat he probably would have flown through the windshield.

Kate

« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2020, 08:55:45 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
I am glad that all is well.....  yes, the Deer are dumb when it comes to cars hitting them... they run or saunter right in front of oncoming vehicles... even if you are honking the horn.

... up where I live we have Deer, Moose and Bears.... Cougars, Bobcats, Wolves and various other wildlife to deal with on the roads and even in town. 
A Moose can tip the scales at over 1500 pounds   (680 Kg) so that is something that we want to avoid at all costs.
The bears and cats are "Scaredy cats"  and won't usually run in front of vehicles.

I trust that your St. Patrick is OK...

HUGS,
Danielle

Those of you who live in less urban areas will understand this:

When I get to heaven, I’m going to ask god why s/he made deer so dumb.

Yes heading home this evening one decided to play chicken and try to get across the road in front of me.

All is good though, the collision avoidance system in my truck works great - 65 MPH to 0 in about 1.5 seconds.

Only one who might claim he was injured is St. Patrick (our Blue Heeler).  If it wasn’t for the leash holding him to his car seat he probably would have flown through the windshield.

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2020, 06:51:38 am »
Thanks Danielle:

Well so far this morning St. Patrick seems fine, or as we would sometimes say in the Midwest US; ‘no worse for wear’.   

My suspicion is the real test will be when we go somewhere again.  Will he be willing to get back into the truck?

Side note:   Got my form 3115 mailed to Ogden Utah on Thursday.  2019 tax filing is done.

Now to start work on 2020...

Kate

Online Wendi

« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2020, 10:40:11 am »
Thanks Danielle:

Well so far this morning St. Patrick seems fine, or as we would sometimes say in the Midwest US; ‘no worse for wear’.   

My suspicion is the real test will be when we go somewhere again.  Will he be willing to get back into the truck?

Side note:   Got my form 3115 mailed to Ogden Utah on Thursday.  2019 tax filing is done.

Now to start work on 2020...

I'm glad to hear you and St. Patrick are feeling fine.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2020, 01:26:09 pm »
sheep ,cows and cyclists where I live ------------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2020, 04:07:34 am »
It’s 4 AM as I write this.

Been up for 2 hours.  I was awoken by a nightmare.

In the dream I crashed to the ground when an amusement park ride broke.

I remember waking up to a physical shudder / spasm.  My upper right side, ribs, shoulder, hip, knee, etc., are still sore.

I’m not sure where my subconscious mind was going with this one, but a little less physical pain will be much appreciated!

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2020, 05:16:15 pm »
It’s been a good day today.

Making some money again, presidential tweets not withstanding!

Patty & I choose some fingernail polish to give to our granddaughter, Ashlee, for her birthday.  Since, I’m now the more girly of the 2 of us, we actually worked together to choose a nice 10 color gift pack and a bottle of top coat.

Friday, I see Dr. Markey again, and Patty is going with me.  He asked about her, and involving her in the process when I met him the first time.   I did have to call the office and have them note he wanted to meet her.  Their checking process says ‘no visitors.’  The added her to the appointment sow the receptionist people know that yes, she’s supposed to be with me.

We’re doing our local girls night out via zoom this evening.  It’s silver dress night so I’m going to put on my silver sequin dress.  I absolutely love how I look in it.  However, as dresses go - it weighs a ton!

That’s what’s going on in nowhere Oklahoma this evening.  Stay safe and healthy. (Please!)

Kate

« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2020, 05:28:13 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
I very much enjoyed reading your "It’s been a good day today" update to your blog/journal thread.

Fun time with your granddaughter for sure.

Wishing you well when you visit Dr. Markey with Patty.  It is very good that the both of you can be in the process together.

Ahhhh... you local girls night out via zoom and you wearing your silver sequin dress.... 
...there is an unwritten rule here on the Forums....   pictures or it didn't happen !!!

As always I will be eagerly looking for your updates to your thread and your posts and comments around the various forums thread.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2020, 05:35:36 pm »

One silver sequin dress.

(Yeah the tag is still on because I tried it on when I got home to make sure!   (The tag is gone now!  ;-) )

Kate

« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2020, 05:39:57 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Wow.... for sure a sparkling dress, very pretty.  Thank you for sharing your photo.

Let us all know how your local girls night out via zoom went tonight.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #279 on: October 09, 2020, 03:41:01 pm »
Hi friends:

Patty & I met with Dr. Markey this morning.  It turned in to a long appointment.

He took CAT scans and xRays, and from those he detailed out a plan.

We’re looking at 9 hours of surgery.

His recommendation was to do it in 2 surgeries. The first on will take care of the top of my face.  The second one about 3 months later would be the bottom of my face and neck.

I brought all my paperwork in with me, including the info I had from Aetna about what is covered, and not covered.

I agreed to them working on the pre-certification with Aetna.

The first surgery is tentatively scheduled for 7:30 AM 12/2/2020.  I’m NPO from midnight and have to check in for surgery at 6:30 AM.

I’m actually excited about this one!

Kate

Tags: