Author Topic: Kathryn's Chronicles  (Read 16641 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #360 on: May 18, 2021, 10:42:32 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
I feel so badly for you as you are going through these post-op issues.
I am so very glad to read that you made your doctor aware of
the second hematoma and was able to quickly drain it.

Be certain to follow hour doctor's orders and if problems persist
please get back to your doctor ASAP.

I am wishing you a quick healing... please keep me and your other
followers updated as you feel comfortable doing.

HUGS, 
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #361 on: May 27, 2021, 12:44:20 pm »
Well it’s hard to believe things really start to get going for bottom surgery next week.

I have a class and a pre-op appointment with with the transgender surgery program starting next week.

Class is June 2nd and my appointment is the following Monday.

I took a little hiatus from electrolysis as I recovered from FFS.  I need to get going on that again. 
(Actually it was my truck that took the hiatus.  During my recovery it decided to disown its emissions system.   A full week in the shop, split between two failures, and $2300, later it seems to be fixed.  That said, I’m holding off on the GM Dealership survey until I’m convinced it’s fixed this time.)

Also next week I’m starting the legal work for my name change and gender marker change.  Kansas is a lot more respectful of trans people and their process is a lot less onerous and the legal fees are lower.

Memorial Days going to be low key this year. 

Because of my truck issues our boat is still in temporary storage on her trailer.  So I’m going to get that taken care of next month also.

Still a little swollen from FFS.  I developed a third, small hematoma.  Kinda stalling to see if it will be re-absorbed.  I’m looking forward to less swelling.  Then I’ll finally re-do my apple face-Id.

Yes, my iPhone doesn’t recognize me anymore!

(Just another unexpected result of transition!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

« Reply #362 on: May 27, 2021, 01:12:05 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Thank you for sharing your latest update regarding what is going on in your life and your transition journey.

Certainly exciting news for you to finally getting going with your future surgeries.

Arghhhh.... vehicle repair costs, you are certainly not alone in that department.   On my truck, the 4 wheel drive started acting up last winter, of course in the worst snow and ice conditions, and the final bill was $2515.87 ...  after reading your truck's repair cost, even though a different problem, I am thinking that over $2,000 for a vehicle repair bill, no matter the problem, seems to be some kind of collusion or conspiracy!!!   LOL   ::)

I am wishing you well and a speedy name change and gender marker change... sometimes these things go fairly quickly and sometimes, depending of mysterious issues, the procedure can be much more arduous.

I am saddened to read about that you are still a little swollen from FFS.... it can take more time than we wish for the swelling to go away.   Patience!!!!
OH no!!!!  You developed a third, small hematoma.  Hopefully it will be re-absorbed.

I had to chuckle at your comment regarding your Apple Face ID....
Even though my transition face changes are in my distant past, if I get carried away with my hair style, eyebrow shaping, makeup and other things that my iPhone doesn’t recognize me anymore either!
The price of beauty!!!! ::) ;)

As one of your avid followers I will be eagerly looking for your future blog/thread updates and posts around the various forums topics/thread.

HUGS, and as always, I am wishing you success and happiness...
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #363 on: June 02, 2021, 06:07:55 pm »
Well today has been an emotional high.

Heard from my attorney.  My name and gender marker change petition has been filed.  Yea!  Another step forward! 

We’re both kind of curious what my birth state of Ohio is going to do when I submit for my birth certificate correction.

If you remember Ohio, is one of two states, the other I believe is Tennessee, that refuse to correct gender on birth certificates.  Ohio was sued in federal court and has lost at both the district and appellate court level.  I’ve seen nothing indicating they’re appealing to the Supreme Court.  So, hence, we shall see.

I had my zoom class with NYU Langone also today.

It was so incredibly powerful. Also many of us, including myself, were crying tears of joy from time to time.

I’m thoroughly convinced I made the right choice in applying to their program.

At the end they had a panel of three women that went through the program and have completed their surgeries in the last year or so.  Their story’s were so inspiring. 

They also had practical tips like get one of those claws on a stick to pick things up off the floor.  It seems bending over is rather uncomfortable for a while.  Like I never thought of my iPhone disowning me after FFS, I would have never thought of bending over being a problem for a while.

Also, I found out their protocols surrounding hormones have changed.  I stop my hormones the day of surgery, and they will provide me estrogen while I’m in the hospital.  Then I restart my hormones after I’m discharged.  That will make Patty sooooo happy!

This is slowly starting to get exciting!

The only hiccup is the NP who I was supposed to see next week has left the practice. So we had to reschedule to 6/24.  I’m ok with it as long as we don’t mess with the 10/22 date.  “That’s” the one I care about!

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2021, 06:29:58 pm »
Got another quick update.

I’m on both estradiol and progesterone now.  My body change pause has ended!

My heels and sandals that I wore all last year, without a single problem, are now telling me my feet are different.

Amy, a very close MTF girlfriend was in a bad accident on Memorial Day.  She shattered her right ankle.  Surgery to externally stablize it was done Tuesday.  She was discharged yesterday and Mitzi, spent the day with her.   

Today was my day!

I took her back to Lake Ozarks MO, and we brought her cat back to KC and the place she shares with 2 other people.  (The cat was fine until we tried to put him in the pet taxi.  Yeah, I got scratched…. ) Then I took her to Walmart where I shopped per her instructions to get her the food and personal care items she needed.  I put everything away and we talked a bit.  She went to the living room to sit down and I used the bathroom.

I left quietly as she was sound asleep with the cat on her lap!

So why am I telling this story.  My sandals apparently don’t fit my feet properly any more.

Last summer they were perfect.  This evening I have a blister the size of a dime on my little toe.

Aren’t hormones wonderful!

Kate

« Reply #365 on: June 03, 2021, 11:01:11 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Thank you for sharing your update with me and the rest of your followers.
YES INDEED, hormones are powerful things and can change your body in ways that are pleasing to you and/or they can raise havoc.

Regarding changes in feet, in my own personal experience, after just a couple years of HRT my shoe size and width went down a little more than ONE full size.  Then of course the expected and welcome changes in my figure, breasts, face, etc.

Kudos to you for being a wonderful and caring friend to Amy after her accident and injury.  I know that she appreciates the time that you devoted and the things that you have done for her....
.... you have a very kind heart   ... and again Kudos to you !!!

HUGS and more HUGS from me to you.............
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2021, 04:49:03 pm »
An update on my legal name change.

My attorney found some updated info from the Ohio Department of Health.

Ohio has decided to comply with the federal court order, and NOT appeal Ray vs. Himes / Ray vs. McCloud.

On May 26th, 2021, the Ohio Department of Health issued a series of guidelines for changing the gender marker on an Ohio birth certificate.  It’s interesting that Ohio uses their probate courts to handle this:  Kansas uses their district court system to process name and gender marker changes.  We obviously noted this little discrepancy.

Well one step at a time.  Let’s get the order from KS first.  That covers my day to day life where I live, and allows me to correct my Federal identity.  Then we can chase Ohio.

At my age, yeah I’d like to have a correct birth certificate, I’m not sure it matters that much to my day-to-day life.

With regard to my shrinking feet…

At least my favorite ballet flats aren’t causing blisters yet.  However, they are looser than they used to be!
Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2021, 10:48:08 am »
One thing about moving is all the legalish junk.

I am sooo tired of being dead named and misgendered.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #368 on: June 10, 2021, 07:13:04 pm »
Progress!!!!!!

(Now I have an excuse!!!)

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #369 on: June 11, 2021, 12:19:14 am »
I really like the lighter color in my hair!

Kate

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #370 on: June 11, 2021, 02:16:54 am »
Looking great dear and a smile !!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #371 on: June 13, 2021, 06:25:51 pm »
Well not much happening today.

Patty & I went furniture shopping to try and find the last few pieces we need for our new villa.  No luck on finding the ‘That’s It!’ piece.

We did find some possibilities.  Maybe they’ll grow on us.

My mind would wander as we walked through the furniture stores.

It’s starting to become real to me that I’m actually going to be a complete, whole, human woman.  I was asked if I was getting excited yet.  My answer was:  “No.  Actually I think I’m still in disbelief.”

We’re all set to visit NYU next week.

I’ll let you know how that goes!

Kate

Tags: