Author Topic: how important is  (Read 100 times)

Online Veronica A

• Veronica Mandy Armstrong Blog
how important is
« on: October 12, 2018, 03:20:21 pm »
how essential is facial hair removel before FFS?

while i am going to a new skin speciallists with medical grade lasers where i have to use specially made lignocaine ointment for pain management. i start this next month (the cheaper places were very inneffective) and have a max of 6 sessions (once per month) and the remainder killed with electrolysis. 

I will test this ointment on my arm skin first to see if i have any reactions to the medication (dont want to damage the face).

the reason i am asking is i am thinking of paying for and scheduling my FFS surgery sometime in july - august next year and wondered if total hair removal is a must before ffs ? i have to schedule it then to try to avoid heyfever season, which affects me severly...
Started HRT - 27/08/2017

Offline Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
Re: how important is
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 06:25:34 pm »
I don't think hair removal is required before FFS however you many not be permitted to shave for several weeks after surgery. I don't know exactly how long that would be but it's a question to ask your surgeon.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use dena@susans.org if your unable to PM - Skype and FaceTime available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber

Online Veronica A

• Veronica Mandy Armstrong Blog
Re: how important is
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 09:13:35 pm »
I don't think hair removal is required before FFS however you many not be permitted to shave for several weeks after surgery. I don't know exactly how long that would be but it's a question to ask your surgeon.

ah, good idea.. tho once i go i would of already had my six laser sessions :) soo should be ok..

thanks again.
Started HRT - 27/08/2017

Tags: