Author Topic: Opening the cage  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Moonflower

Re: Opening the cage
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2018, 04:21:09 pm »
When I was at Ulta to pick up some things that I thought Beth might like, I noticed that one of the store employees was a cross-dressing man, and one was a trans woman. That seemed to indicate that the company (or the local store) likely welcomes trans women.

So, when Beth expressed interest in a professional makeup lesson, I took her to Ulta. We both felt awkward since this would be her most public feminine presentation so far. She used her male name to sign in, and asked me to use male pronouns to refer to her, but she left more transformed into herself.

She was more photogenic than ever as I captured the results! I love seeing how she blossoms. She's even talking about questions she will ask next time.

I would post a photo, but she looked more gay than trans. I'll have to study the photos to identify what's so different about the way that the professional did her makeup. Maybe the lipstick color is too bold for Beth. The eyeliner was a lot thicker and darker than what I do. The foundation is paler than I'd choose.

Beth wants to start learning how to put makeup on herself. She was surprisingly eager when the professional handed her the mascara wand! We have great lighting and mirrors in the bathrooms, but not enough room for the two of us to work together there. The dining room table is a better setup. Any recommendations for a mirror?

:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
15 years ago I started discovering the woman hiding behind my husband's facade
Fall 2018 my baby's coming out full time! Hello BlueStar!  :icon_female:
Anticipating BlueStar beginning HRT

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2018, 04:32:48 pm »
My last two wall mounted mirrors came from Target.    I have one in my office.  ;D

Really enjoy your reports!

Offline Moonflower

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2018, 04:37:24 pm »
Hun, you are a family that needs it!  Family / single-user washrooms are for anyone who is not comfortable in a shared space.  I hope no one reading this will hesitate to use one if it is available and they need it.

Thank you Kathy for the encouragement. Apparently many people choose to use the family/single-user room instead of a public stall. I guess it's like when I sneak into the spacious handicapped stall when no one is around.

We discovered one Family Rest Room in the new wing of the jumbo mall. Beth felt so certain that she would be read as a man, she used the Men's room. Uneventful. Phew!

Online LizK

• Tick Tick Tick....
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2018, 05:48:03 pm »
Hi Moonflower

Bathrooms really are a huge issue over there...In Australia I have the choice to use the disabled/single toilet or the womens bathroom but will quite often choose the disabled one because its easier with my walking stick and stupid hip.

I learned to do make up in steps and use a mirror with a 50x zoom on it along with a standard mirror for perspective. I started simply with one element(kohl eyeliner) until I was happy I could repeat a good result without even thinking about it, then I moved to liquid eyeliner and did my top lid, then mascara etc etc eventually doing a full basic makeup session that I have now got down to about 20minutes.

onwards and upwards

Take care

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016, Fulltime from 8 March 2017, Transition Begun 25 September 2015 
GCS 4 December 2018,

Voice Surgery 01/02/19

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be – Lao Tzu

Offline Moonflower

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2018, 06:09:01 am »
My last two wall mounted mirrors came from Target.    I have one in my office.  ;D

Thanks for the pointer.

Really enjoy your reports!
Thanks.  :angel:

Tags: