Author Topic: Ten Best Cities For LGBT Retirees  (Read 171 times)

Offline MelissaPink

Ten Best Cities For LGBT Retirees
« on: October 17, 2018, 07:11:26 am »
I'm currently researching optimal cities to relocate and eventually retire in a few years. Of course "must haves" are that they are socially liberal and have active LGBT communities. I enjoy being able to walk and ride my bike in my neighborhood to cafes, coffee shops, book stores, yoga studios, etc. so I'm thinking the suburbs are off my list. I'm also interested in residing near a college or university, art galleries, museums, parks and historical sites. Access to good healthcare is also a key factor. I'm not asking for much am I?

I spent over a decade in California when I was in the Navy and well acquainted with the west coast. If money was no object I'd probably move to San Francisco or San Diego. Unfortunately, finances are an issue and those cities are off my "possibles" list. I found this "Money Magazine" "Ten Best Cities For LGBT Retirees" and was intrigued by some of the cities listed. I've never spend any time in Columbus, Ohio but I keep reading good things about it. I currently reside in Tennessee and visit family in Michigan so the harsh winters don't deter me. The other cities on this list are not surprising. (e.g. Austin, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando) Any positive feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/on-retirement/articles/2017-03-09/the-10-best-cities-for-lgbt-retirees

US News
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:48:07 am by stephaniec »
Melissa

U.S. Navy Veteran

"Harm none do what ye will"

Offline AnneK

Re: Ten Best Cities For LGBT Retirees
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 08:22:30 am »
Well, if you're not limited to the U.S., there's Toronto.  It has a "Gay Village", where various LGBQT types are welcome.  In that area, there's the Rainbow Health centre, which supports that community.  Transgender support is readily available and GCS is covered by the provincial health plan.  There is also a transgender surgery clinic at a hospital just a few blocks from the Gay Village.  On the other hand, Toronto isn't exactly inexpensive to live in.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.  I am exploring where I want to take things.

Tags: